You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, July 16th 2016, 2:52am

Why don't many people play Smugglers Paradise?

Hello, I've been playing Smugglers Paradise for about a month now, best decision I've made with Allods after having played free to play for 6 years and I'm having a great time over here with the people. I'm curious as to why people don't play the server. I can understand not abandoning the cash shop you've put on your character but we have guildies that have just to play with us in Omniscient. Why is the server so deserted compared to free to play especially with all the expenses?

Saturday, July 16th 2016, 7:36am

cause no AH. super low population. boring sever. and its unblance sever, cause if you have no job and you spent all your time for this gear up etc.... its good for you, but for me, i have my job and i cant spent 3 hours per day for this game, better i go f2p sever and use my money for powerup my char easier, and ít good for me.

thats why f2p is more ""balance"" with my situation.

Saturday, July 16th 2016, 8:24am

cause no AH. super low population. boring sever. and its unblance sever, cause if you have no job and you spent all your time for this gear up etc.... its good for you, but for me, i have my job and i cant spent 3 hours per day for this game, better i go f2p sever and use my money for powerup my char easier, and ít good for me.

One hour (probably 2 worst case scenario) a day is about enough to spend your keys you receive after the reset, which means the only thing that would cause an unbalance if you're unable to do any of the S2 bosses and raids. Which is - as far as I'm aware - also exactly the case on the F2P server.

If you seriously can't finish your keys, do some BG, dailies and whatnot within ~2 hours then the issue is not with the server and realistically you'll be even more of an underdog on F2P.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Saturday, July 16th 2016, 8:42am

The server isn't unbalanced? What are you talking about. The server is extremely balanced and even if you work all day you can still get your astral in and everything farmed pretty quickly. Sure the population is low but isn't the fact that people are saying that they won't play a server that is a lot cheaper and more balanced than whats going on in f2p because of a lower population make you a part of the reason why the population is so low? It also fits in with the fact that there's no AH, because the population is low because people like you say that they won't play a server because of its population. Wouldn't it make more sense to play a server because of lower population to help make it grow instead of sitting around waiting for some miracle to happen?

Saturday, July 16th 2016, 9:38am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

My main reason is that I don't want to loose every CS item I already have and have to pay for playing none-the-less. Yes, it's cheaper in the long run but it wasn't an available option back the day I would have chosen it. So I remain f2p as long as I'll play Allods.

Second reason is the fact that p2p server doesn't have all outfits, mounts and skins available, no loot pet for herbs/mining, which are all factors I've gotten so used to that when I tried without, I didn't want to play in such way anymore. I am a collector, I want to collect as much as I can although it's kinda silly in a game that can stop existing at any given day (referring as games in general, not saying Allods is dying). I find myself collecting stuff in all games where it is possible and I strongly prefer such games.

3rd reason is that I don't really care about end-game activity and I hate pvp. So I keep making incarnations to quest all over again but I wouldn't enjoy questing over same quests for the 20th time, if it was a struggle like it was back in 2010. Fast mounts, runes, pat5, loot pet with prof helper manual, large bag etc makes the experience so much more enjoyable. P2p server is all about end gaming - balanced pvp and stuff I don't care about anyway.

With these reasons, I find f2p server more suitable for me.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Saturday, July 16th 2016, 2:09pm

many of the improvements from itemshop are not available
the possible superiority over others to reach is much smaller
no auctions; no need for goldfarming in general
no runes (only fixed lv5)
less costumes
also im not willing to have to pay in order to just play a game

for the other things look into the pro / contra list in my signature, all these this listed in contra are reasons why i dont like it

Saturday, July 16th 2016, 2:20pm

The server isn't unbalanced? What are you talking about. The server is extremely balanced and even if you work all day you can still get your astral in and everything farmed pretty quickly. Sure the population is low but isn't the fact that people are saying that they won't play a server that is a lot cheaper and more balanced than whats going on in f2p because of a lower population make you a part of the reason why the population is so low? It also fits in with the fact that there's no AH, because the population is low because people like you say that they won't play a server because of its population. Wouldn't it make more sense to play a server because of lower population to help make it grow instead of sitting around waiting for some miracle to happen?
i just talking about MY SITUATION, my personal pếpctive, i mean.
p2p is good for you, but not me, thats all.
and i think this p2p is so boring cause no event at all.
and this game is not focus on p2p, lịke fatality, u cant have that, somemount and cótume is the same.

and if u want "super balance", just go other game.
srrr for bàd english

Saturday, July 16th 2016, 2:25pm

One hour (probably 2 worst case scenario) a day is about enough to spend your keys you receive after the reset, which means the only thing that would cause an unbalance if you're unable to do any of the S2 bosses and raids. Which is - as far as I'm aware - also exactly the case on the F2P server.

If you seriously can't finish your keys, do some BG, dailies and whatnot within ~2 hours then the issue is not with the server and realistically you'll be even more of an underdog on F2P.
my situation.

Saturday, July 16th 2016, 2:39pm

i guess ppl miss the pleasent lazyness items^^

taking me for an example i dont have much time usually i would be able to spend my keys but what about dust farming? first off no time second offf.... hell no thats so boring -.- so on f2p o ust use a bit of cash to save a hella of lifetime^^ same with amalgam btw :D also a nice fast mount,loothelper for alchemic stuff and the suuuuuuper nice ability to change build and incarnation skills WHEREEVER iam atm and thats just unbeatable^^ if p2p had this i wouldnt mind switching^^

ofc f2p has it flaws like runes etc and i would love em to change this so the game can finally get a huge playerbase too but i guess thats wishful thinking^^

also you say p2p is balanced...man even f2p is not balanced cuz some classes are simply op :D wont change on other server ;)

Saturday, July 16th 2016, 5:06pm

i just talking about MY SITUATION, my personal pếpctive, i mean.
p2p is good for you, but not me, thats all.
and i think this p2p is so boring cause no event at all.
and this game is not focus on p2p, lịke fatality, u cant have that, somemount and cótume is the same.

and if u want "super balance", just go other game.
srrr for bàd english
I apologize for being rude like that, just one of my biggest pet peeves is someone saying they won't play a server because there's no population. Also we get the same costumes you guys get but you just have to work hard to get them with coins. I'm curious what you mean by events.

Saturday, July 16th 2016, 5:29pm

you say p2p is balanced...man even f2p is not balanced cuz some classes are simply op :D wont change on other server ;)
It might feel balanced because there are no good players on the server since everyone in Avarice disappeared. I still see a more balanced server because no one has bonus damage on you through runes or anything or that can resist as much damage *cough* cash shop armor *cough*. Some classes are OP but they're easy to handle since they don't have all those cash shop escapes and bonuses. But that's just from what I've seen, not sure if I'm right about it or not.

Saturday, July 16th 2016, 5:39pm

many of the improvements from itemshop are not available
the possible superiority over others to reach is much smaller
no auctions; no need for goldfarming in general
no runes (only fixed lv5)
less costumes
also im not willing to have to pay in order to just play a game

for the other things look into the pro / contra list in my signature, all these this listed in contra are reasons why i dont like it
There may not be as many costumes to access but there's still over 1000 you can buy. Putting no runes on the list and then saying you're not willing to pay is the same exact thing. You're paying to play to buy the runes to be able to keep up with the other players! Auctions are there, you just don't realize it because no one logs on the server except for 200 people, its also hard for Empire to have auctions when Utopie prohibits their members to sell on the auction house. Whats the point of having superiority if it'll take all the fun out of the game, not that you're superior on the f2p server because you got killed by Sakram in one hit, so much for your character superiority ;). The server is practically as vanilla allods was played. No runes, no pat5, all skill. If you make a mistake no cash shop item is going to save you. You can get replicators from astral, mounts from raids and astral, bag/bank upgrades from astral, core morphers for cheap without having to pay the extra money to use it. I think it should be more popular than it is in my opinion. You should fix your pro/con list because your points don't really add up to why you don't like it when you contradict yourself.

Saturday, July 16th 2016, 7:03pm

Anyone know if and when free trial for p2p will come? I feel like until that happens people wont be convinced the server is coming back

Saturday, July 16th 2016, 7:51pm

Anyone know if and when free trial for p2p will come? I feel like until that happens people wont be convinced the server is coming back
From what I've heard from RopeDrink/Mhuldoon they have the trial coming but they had to delay it at the end of June so I hope they do the smart thing and drop it the free trial pay to play after the ask force event ends because that will ensure double xp for those who are switching servers to rush to 70.

Sunday, July 17th 2016, 12:16am

There may not be as many costumes to access but there's still over 1000 you can buy. Putting no runes on the list and then saying you're not willing to pay is the same exact thing. You're paying to play to buy the runes to be able to keep up with the other players! Auctions are there, you just don't realize it because no one logs on the server except for 200 people, its also hard for Empire to have auctions when Utopie prohibits their members to sell on the auction house. Whats the point of having superiority if it'll take all the fun out of the game, not that you're superior on the f2p server because you got killed by Sakram in one hit, so much for your character superiority ;). The server is practically as vanilla allods was played. No runes, no pat5, all skill. If you make a mistake no cash shop item is going to save you. You can get replicators from astral, mounts from raids and astral, bag/bank upgrades from astral, core morphers for cheap without having to pay the extra money to use it. I think it should be more popular than it is in my opinion. You should fix your pro/con list because your points don't really add up to why you don't like it when you contradict yourself.

its nice that there are over 1000 but i dont see why i should go with less than possible. i dont play a shareware-game here
also no runes and not willing to pay is different thing
on free server i slowly improve my runes over time while on sub i would NOT improve over time, i would even have to pay for NOT improving my overall strenght, just NO...
also, i dont care much about keeping up with other players, otherwise i would bother to gear (what i dont do atm)
its a nice sideeffect to be dominating in PVP but i also care a lot about PVE in this game
what to auction on a server where the things i usually auction do not even exist... and even if i make a lot of gold with selling, i dont know, confetti...?
hell, even if i would make 999999999999999 gold on subserver, what could i do with that gold? exactly, nothing as there are no runes to improve etc :(

what does " Utopie prohibits their members to sell on the auction house" mean?? the guild asks its members to not sell on auctions? and they obey? if this is true (cant imagine) than LOL

your next point i also dont undestand, how would superiority take out any fun? for me it is the definition of fun!
to say it extremely overstated, i wish i would have full 13's while everyone else would be between 1 and 4 or something
the realistic POV is that due to the things i have i am better off than more than 50% of the players on the server and this already makes me happy
who is "Sakram"? do you mean "Sakapus" the paladin with full gear&13s? there is always a "bigger fish", i get often killed in this game, its normal in a game like that, especially if you are undergeared and OFC there are players which have accumulated much more advantages than me... but this is not a problemat all, i mean hey, they pay for the game and thus make it free for me
i really OK with dying a few times vs someone who paid $ while i play free ;)
but the majority of opponents i see are weaker than my undergeared char, so i guess i should be happy with that
also, on the long run i will also improve my things even more so the gap to the tops get smaller every day
depending on how long i play theoretically some day i will even have my free full13's, we will see what the future brings, i have lots and lots of time
which brings us back to the main topic, on the subserver i wont have all these veterans boni, no matter how long i play

i am aware that the subserver is somehow like a "vanilla" allods and its better for those who search for fairplay etc
but i want not a vanilla ice, i want the family-all flavor-box-with chocolate-splits and fruits on top 8o same as i dont want any fairplay, i want a real battle, where the "strong" kill the "weak" and where farming makes you strong

as you see there are various reasons why most ppl prefer the free server, some want comfort, some simply dont care about balanced pvp, some expressly want imbalance, some dont want to pay... and some like me even combine all these reasons ;)
so i guess this is a pretty good answer to your threads headquestion "Why don't many people play Smugglers Paradise?"

about the pro/con list: i would have updated it as things have changed in the meantime but its not possible as this thread is locked already

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jul 17th 2016, 12:29am)

Sunday, July 17th 2016, 9:53am

freestile

Professional

well summed up AOP, there are already plenty of games in which you are 100% equal with the others and it's another kind of games (not worst not better, just different), but to me these kind of games have nothing to see with mmo's... . When you play an mmo for years and years what is the point of playing for so long if a frechly arrived newbie can be as good as you in almost no time at all (especially with the new 7.0 gameplays that remved a big part of skill from the game -_-), the cs items are here to keep this frontier between the veterans/cs'er and the ones that has invested no time and no money yet.

on the other hand i see you (AOP) using quite often the argument of "i have as much time as i want to farm everything i want ig" :

depending on how long i play theoretically some day i will even have my free full13's, we will see what the future brings, i have lots and lots of time

and even if i agree usually with 99,9% of what you say i have to say that on this point i completely disagree ^^
I mean, time is even the reason why i've invested real money into this game, simply because, like you i'm not in a hurry to get everything but we all know that an mmo lifetime isn't infinite and that allods servers (sadly) will close one day (a few years max imo ;( ). If i was sure allods will still be alive in 8-10 years i would have just take my time and farm everything wihout real money (what is much more enjoyable and gives a better feeling of accomplishment than just using cash that's for sure) but as it wont happen i prefer to enjoy these items while i still can...
and even if i agree with the fact that we still have some time to go, full 13 runes? are you sure?^^ no, no way

Sunday, July 17th 2016, 11:17pm

as i said, theoretically :)
sadly i cant predict the future but only go by the "most likely" option

the MMO-lifetime is a thing we should not worry about, especially in the case of allods
look at the situation russian allods is in, always keep in mind that this version (playerbase) will always be profiting from the fact the game runs really really great there
the "worst" situation would be a merge with russian playerbase in i-dont-know-how-many-years, but look how many new players we have, many of them will stay for sure etc

now lets go to some unrealistic example: someone hating allods so much but very rich decides to buy the whole game with all its rights etc just to close it down forever, for the lulz and because he hates the game & its players
...well, even then, there would still be the way of playing on an unlicensed server... the "only" downside would be this server would no longer get the frequent expansions we are used to
(or setting up one yourself, i would call the server then "farmers paradise" :P :P :P)

Monday, July 18th 2016, 5:46am

I played when the game first came out and recently came back. I've played both servers the past few months and so far I prefer the F2P server much more than the pay server. The P2P server has a few issues for me. One is the low population. In weeks, I've only seen a few players here and there. Joining a guild helped a bit, but even then I only saw a few on at any time of the day. I play MMO's to PVP and join groups to run dungeons...if I want to run solo through a game, I'll play RPGs like Witcher. The other issues are the small amount of bag space and very limited availability to have a mount while leveling. Both (bag space & mounts) have options given to players free every set # of levels, but they are very limited...bag space is low and the free mounts don't last very long. Also, the AH on pay to play rarely has over 2 pages of auctions. I have to admit, paying a few bucks for a fast mount on F2P makes SO much difference in enjoying game time and was the first purchase I made on my FTP toons. It really, really sucks running everywhere on P2P, and even then the first mount one can get is barely faster than running.

I do like the level playing field on the pay to play server, but running everywhere very very slowly in a ghost town is no fun. I also like the players on the P2P server, they're very friendly and willing to help. I'm sure max level on P2P is a blast and these issues may go away, but I'm dreading getting bored to death on the way to level 70. So FTP it is.

Monday, July 18th 2016, 6:31am

I played when the game first came out and recently came back. I've played both servers the past few months and so far I prefer the F2P server much more than the pay server. The P2P server has a few issues for me. One is the low population. In weeks, I've only seen a few players here and there. Joining a guild helped a bit, but even then I only saw a few on at any time of the day. I play MMO's to PVP and join groups to run dungeons...if I want to run solo through a game, I'll play RPGs like Witcher. The other issues are the small amount of bag space and very limited availability to have a mount while leveling. Both (bag space & mounts) have options given to players free every set # of levels, but they are very limited...bag space is low and the free mounts don't last very long. Also, the AH on pay to play rarely has over 2 pages of auctions. I have to admit, paying a few bucks for a fast mount on F2P makes SO much difference in enjoying game time and was the first purchase I made on my FTP toons. It really, really sucks running everywhere on P2P, and even then the first mount one can get is barely faster than running.

I do like the level playing field on the pay to play server, but running everywhere very very slowly in a ghost town is no fun. I also like the players on the P2P server, they're very friendly and willing to help. I'm sure max level on P2P is a blast and these issues may go away, but I'm dreading getting bored to death on the way to level 70. So FTP it is.
I can understand mount and bag space. I honestly didn't know a 30 slot bag existed on the server until I had a guild mate down GT for me while I Was leveling so I could get a bigger bag and I got really angry about it. Mounting I can definitely see because it is a pain in the butt to travel around, I was lucky enough to have purchased the pack with the lightning and got it on the server and had something handy to travel around with. Population however is something a lot of the players are trying to fix and it seems to be working slowly because we are posting on forums about the server but it won't really spike until the trial is released.

Friday, July 22nd 2016, 12:19pm

Quinz

Intermediate

The main reason for players not moving from F2P to P2P I think is because they don't want to lose everything they have already put so much time and money on. I don't blame them, I know the feeling. I have a max leveled character on the FP2 server and I have spent a lot of time and money on it through the years. It was first when I had decided to quit the game for good that I, a few years later, finally decided to try out the P2P server.

The main reason that most new players are joining the FP2 server instead of the P2P server is simple. Most people wants to try out the game first, and most people simply likes the idea of a free-to-play game. They have no idea what they are getting into yet. I know I would've done the same so I don't blame these people either.

The only way to actually get more people to join the P2P server I think would be more advertising, and they need another free trial month for players to try it out for free. They should've also made the game only available for P2P server on Steam in my opinion, since that server is in serious need of more players. Also brining new people to the F2P server will probably just give Allods an even worse reputation due to new players being completely inferior to the veteran players in terms of PvP etc. due to all their cash shop items.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch