You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, August 1st 2016, 11:43am

Quinz

Intermediate

Although I played Allods since beta, I've been on and off a lot and since somewhere around 6.0 I have barely played anything at all (at least not on F2P server). The main reason is, like we have mentioned a thousand times by now, the cash shop items being waaaay too expensive, and the gold to crystal converter not being usable at all for someone who can't play more than a few hours a day since the ratio is absurdly high.

I do own quite a few of the pay2win items available from the cash shop and I have level 7 runes. All that was bought way earlier than 6.0. Probably some time back in 5.0 or even earlier. All the money I spent for those items back then, including the runes, I would maybe get 1-3 items for now, depending on which items.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Tuesday, August 2nd 2016, 8:20pm

http://steamcharts.com/app/459160 my 2 cents on the cause.Only reason Allods international is still alive is RU just use it to please people with it.Tbh there is 0 competition in this game.Raids are easy as fck every 1 can gear easy as fck.There is nothing to do after u hit 70 and get allod+greatness.Pat 5 is super expensive runes are trash and pretty much game was fun really was then devs desied to make it kindergarden.

People like AoP like it but he fails to realise as much as u like MMO u cant always close ur eyes when shitload of people tell u something si wrong.

Tuesday, August 2nd 2016, 9:16pm

this steamthing shows players playing the game through the steamclient
most players that see the game does not need steam to run will play it without steam from then on
so this statistic is not very reliable...

rather take the statistic of this forum

Statistik:
58 809 Mitglieder - 10 059 Themen - 76 159 Beiträge (85,76 Beiträge pro Tag)
members - topics - posts

although these ~60k are not all playing most likely, it still gives a better insight than the steamthing

you talk aout "a s**load of ppl telling the game goes wrong", but there are many players which are fine with the game and thus do not complain - actually instead of posting on the forum they just enjoy the game
beeing a loud but small minority does not make things true for all

Wednesday, August 3rd 2016, 12:41am

homerosi

Intermediate

this steamthing shows players playing the game through the steamclient
most players that see the game does not need steam to run will play it without steam from then on
so this statistic is not very reliable...

rather take the statistic of this forum

Statistik:
58 809 Mitglieder - 10 059 Themen - 76 159 Beiträge (85,76 Beiträge pro Tag)
members - topics - posts

although these ~60k are not all playing most likely, it still gives a better insight than the steamthing

you talk aout "a s**load of ppl telling the game goes wrong", but there are many players which are fine with the game and thus do not complain - actually instead of posting on the forum they just enjoy the game
beeing a loud but small minority does not make things true for all

For once I have to give him credit, you show us a steam chart while most of the players only log in using steam if they r playing it for the first time. The actual my.com launcher gets used alot more frequently. If I see 20 people online in my guild when the steamchart says 31 online i'm prety sure those numbers rn't accurate.
Also you r saying that this game is always the same thing endgame, i'm sorry to dissapoint you but is this your first mmorpg? Like almost all games that are made will end up in being the same thing over and over and over again 24/7, go play cookieclicker and tell me it's not fun!
MMOseppe peace out! 8o

Wednesday, August 3rd 2016, 12:46am

I think the reason he mentioned Steam is because that was literally the only attempt from my.com in the past year(s?) to try and get more players. And it was a pretty mediocre attempt at that, Steam might be a very popular platform but without any advertisement the game just simply got lost among thousands of games.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Wednesday, August 3rd 2016, 11:59am

TLDR:

1. most people already invested a lot of money and time in their F2P character
2. many people play for years and have many friends on F2P server

Only way I see P2P server population grow is by influx of NEW players. The question only is how many new players can old game such as Allods Online get.

I'd say very little, and most important reason is that my.com doesn't even have ANY EMPLOYED STUFF in EU anymore. Not even GMs.

- no staff employed
- numerously reported people that violate ToS not getting banned
- servers for some mini games (Goblinball) being in Russia, so people in EU / NA having huge lag there
- game designed influenced mostly by Russian player wishes, and rest of us just getting what Russians have with translations

So don't hope that P2P server will ever grow, it will not.
Your best bet is to make character on F2P server, at least it's not dead yet.

Wednesday, August 3rd 2016, 12:07pm

Only way I see P2P server population grow is by influx of NEW players.
95% of p2p players are veterans from f2p.

Huh? really makes you think.

Wednesday, August 3rd 2016, 12:13pm

- servers for some mini games (Goblinball) being in Russia, so people in EU / NA having huge lag there

Wat?
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Wednesday, August 3rd 2016, 2:16pm

Wednesday, August 3rd 2016, 3:33pm

what is smugler paradise? :D
Smugglers Paradise is Allods's subscription server.

Wednesday, August 3rd 2016, 3:43pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Quoted

The question only is how many new players can old game such as Allods Online get. I'd say very little, and most important reason is that my.com doesn't even have ANY EMPLOYED STUFF in EU anymore. Not even GMs

As one of many EU employees, this is certainly news to me. It also doesn't come across as the most important reason why Smuggler's Paradise isn't as populated.

Quoted

- no staff employed

- numerously reported people that violate ToS not getting banned

- game designed influenced mostly by Russian player wishes, and rest of us just getting what Russians have with translations
Neither a perfect nor imperfect moderating method will dictate the overall population of an entire server. EU/NA using Russian GBall servers is also news to me. As for the design, it's safe to say that nobody should be surprised when a game, made by X, in X, and primarily played by X, has the X market as their priority.

Once again I'd like to remind you all that the topic is Smuggler's Paradise, not the workings of My.Com (however related you believe the two to be). Please stay on topic.

Regards,
Mhul

Thursday, August 4th 2016, 12:22am

Halfing

Beginner

Why should you play is the question.
The ppl who say p2p is a low populated zserver should open their eyes and see the f2p is as dead as the p2p server. Just by having 200 more players with rune 5 who are doing fractal ez and getting no legit gear tbh isnt population. Just fodder cannon to fill ur boring ass BGs.

Thursday, August 4th 2016, 1:43am

Why should you play is the question.
The ppl who say p2p is a low populated zserver should open their eyes and see the f2p is as dead as the p2p server. Just by having 200 more players with rune 5 who are doing fractal ez and getting no legit gear tbh isnt population. Just fodder cannon to fill ur boring ass BGs.

what amount of poulation do you want? free servers population provides an economy(auctions & sell/buy in chat), enemies & friends for battles/guilds and random decoration in zones
all 3 points are given
as we have a lot more players exchangerate also went up as a result

so as a serious question, what could be better in terms of population?

Thursday, August 4th 2016, 2:24am

so as a serious question, what could be better in terms of population?

He pretty much explained it in his post I think. He missing a more competitive scene in the game which is a direct result of fairly low population. There might be people standing around in cities and BGs popping, but there're only so many of them doing Fractal hard mode and dominions at a more serious level, which only leaves the same 2-3 guilds with the same 2-3 dozens of players competing with each other for ages, from what I understand of F2P.
I'm obviously no expert when it comes to the F2P, so do correct me if I'm wrong.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Thursday, August 4th 2016, 8:56am

Halfing

Beginner

AOP what i'm kind of trying to explain is that the f2p has too many silver bots like you in it that are actually doing nothing besides standing in the main cities to make the server look alive, but who are not contributing much to the server quality.

You said something about providing trade and battle. Really? Afaik any mmo offers this whether its f2p p2p b2p bj to play etc etc. Its the quality that matters and in allods this qualitt has dropped to an alltime low.

Dominion has max 5-6 strong parties in f2p, so as 1 party you should pray to get popd vs 4 other strong pties. Lets say in last 2 weeks we had only 1 fight vz these grps... AOP please if a server is populated this should be more according to your "f2p offers this and that and bla bla" silver speech.
Ranked fights it's the same story.
Conclusion is that too many legit players left the game like ego god Gale's full pty, old SoS, heck even oshimoshi isnt around in domi anymore. Like Hiren said we are just fighting against the same hardcore guys of 3 years ago.

At least if the p2p server is populated the game will be just 10x better just because itll have population and better pvp as i know zhittons of ppl with 8 runes who are good pvpers.

Thursday, August 4th 2016, 1:17pm

Penance

Beginner

AOP what i'm kind of trying to explain is that the f2p has too many silver bots like you in it that are actually doing nothing besides standing in the main cities to make the server look alive, but who are not contributing much to the server quality.

You said something about providing trade and battle. Really? Afaik any mmo offers this whether its f2p p2p b2p bj to play etc etc. Its the quality that matters and in allods this qualitt has dropped to an alltime low.

Dominion has max 5-6 strong parties in f2p, so as 1 party you should pray to get popd vs 4 other strong pties. Lets say in last 2 weeks we had only 1 fight vz these grps... AOP please if a server is populated this should be more according to your "f2p offers this and that and bla bla" silver speech.
Conclusion is that too many legit players left the game like ego god Gale's full pty, old SoS, heck even oshimoshi isnt around in domi anymore. Like Hiren said we are just fighting against the same hardcore guys of 3 years ago.

At least if the p2p server is populated the game will be just 10x better just because itll have population and better pvp as i know zhittons of ppl with 8 runes who are good pvpers.
Just transfer our server to any russian one and we'll be good for a long time.
Hell we even pay 2 x more than any russian player for what it's worth yet we cannot get good population get going ...

i will never understand this even if i've been explained 10 times by now
When logic fails everything will fail lol

Thursday, August 4th 2016, 1:17pm

+1

Thursday, August 4th 2016, 1:51pm

Halfing,

personally i think not many players participating in dominion is more of a problem due to it requires fixed parties at fixed times, this is a major turnoff...
as for quality, how can you determine the quality of these things? we have skilled players and not skilled players, we have high price sellers and we have low price sellers, and everything between too, so i guess thats what you can call a good quality

this game even has a well community which is willing to exchange with each other while most who write seem like adult ppl with common sense
i saw many games where the community was based on... well... lets say silly guys without ANY common sense
due to the nature of my playstyle this wasnt a problem for me personally as i only wanted to either kill them or trade anyway, but now that i see how well it can go on a forum i dont want to miss this anymore

allods has quality over quantity, obviously

but for 3vs3 i can tell you in the next patch this will be improved so it pops more often as singleplayers can sign too :)

Thursday, August 4th 2016, 4:39pm

Halfing,

personally i think not many players participating in dominion is more of a problem due to it requires fixed parties at fixed times, this is a major turnoff...
as for quality, how can you determine the quality of these things? we have skilled players and not skilled players, we have high price sellers and we have low price sellers, and everything between too, so i guess thats what you can call a good quality

this game even has a well community which is willing to exchange with each other while most who write seem like adult ppl with common sense
i saw many games where the community was based on... well... lets say silly guys without ANY common sense
due to the nature of my playstyle this wasnt a problem for me personally as i only wanted to either kill them or trade anyway, but now that i see how well it can go on a forum i dont want to miss this anymore

allods has quality over quantity, obviously

but for 3vs3 i can tell you in the next patch this will be improved so it pops more often as singleplayers can sign too :)
I rly need to know whats the think driving you in to defending a legit facts over and over again.
Take as example Wildstar,this game is f2p has tons more people heck they even run pug raids and do it.
And people dont do dominion coz there is no point of getting crushed over and over again by people willing to spend tons of money on dying game(well server).Like honestly if u get 2shoted by person that has 13 and ur with 7s whould u keep going domi over and over again for like what 1 realgar per 2 weeks?
I mean dude we know u like the game,tbh i also was liking the game but game changed everything is easy as hell to get(talking about gear,greatness etc.)
Only main thing to do is farm gold to somehow get not even avarage level of cash shop items like u barely even scrach the start of it.
For a FREE to play players that dont have the confort if using rl money to boost their toon,after lets say few months there is nothing else to do exept farming gold to get something.Hows that fun anymore?Allods started to feel like grind fest asian mmo rather than EU mmo.

Thats why so much people are playing MMO's with activities outside farming gold, there is buch of f2p mmos that offer twice even maybe more than allods endgame has to offer.

Thursday, August 4th 2016, 10:37pm

if you have 7's and get killed by someone with 13's its your fault not beeing stronger, very simple, this is how a progressive game runs
the amount of players with full13's is 6 or 7 if i remember correctly...?
then again, runes are not everything, those who complain about beeing oneshot usually have weak gear AND weak runes
do you know what happens when you have full13s and crap gear? you lose to those in full 6 with strong gear
when you have full 7s and get oneshot by full13s your gear most likely is at fault too

if you are not OK with high strenght-differences you have the option to play on subscriptionserver, there is balance and only option to become stronger is gear

as for other MMO-games, they all do not have certain featues allods has (example: lootpet, reincarnationsystem like in allods, automovesystem along with visual indicators which let you play without reading any questtext etc etc etc)
thus allods is superior
we all are here because of this, because if there would be something better we would play that, right? ;)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Aug 4th 2016, 10:46pm)