You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, August 10th 2016, 6:10pm

Frakkerz

Trainee

• "Frakkerz" started this thread

Allods Lua Api

I suggest a complete api guide, the one online is outdated and incomplete and the one in the game files are incomplete.

Want to create really useful addons but the information i am getting is incorrect or incomplete.

By incomplete im talking about further derivatives such as properties, the returned values of certain functions especially when a table of tables is returned, we are not told what they are.

When i see an api list i want it fully completed with every function, event, property, value, type, everything.

If you could chase the developers up for this, that would be great thanks.

Wednesday, August 10th 2016, 7:21pm

By incomplete im talking about further derivatives such as properties, the returned values of certain functions especially when a table of tables is returned, we are not told what they are.

Are you google-translating the documentation that's bundled with the game files?
(data/Mods/Docs/Modding_Documents.zip file)

From what I've seen it's mostly all there. There's also a list of changes after every patch if there's anything added or removed in that patch.

Cannot comment on readability/usability of that translation though. I can understand Russian sufficiently to make sense of what developers include there.

From my experience best way to learn is opening up old addons that do something similar to what you're trying to achieve. Unfortunately those can be in short supply as more and more addons published on alloder.pro are precompiled nowadays and after the site revamp it seems you can't get older versions of addons anymore.

Here's complete code of old official user interface (it's very old, like 1-something version) that I explicitely asked the addon devs on alloder.pro to give me, since the link posted there was long-dead. It might be of some use to you:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5gEbh…RmdheEdRSzFXZDA

What's really upsetting though, is that there's no sufficient documentation (not even in Russian) about how to use the texture tools. Mainly packing the textures for use in own addons is what I have issues with.

If you need help with something in particular, post it here or message me, I might be able to help.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Dala" (Aug 10th 2016, 7:49pm)

Thursday, August 11th 2016, 2:13pm

Frakkerz

Trainee

• "Frakkerz" started this thread

bonus = unit.GetEquipmentSlotBonus( playerId, slot, ITEM_CONT_EQUIPMENT ).specStats

can you tell me how/why proficiency determination and brutality get returned as empty strings instead of actual names like the other stats do.

How it should be

Info: addon GlitchyTest: 1716
Info: addon GlitchyTest: Holy Damage <-- clear stat name
Info: addon GlitchyTest: userdata: 0x15307170
Info: addon GlitchyTest: : 23.5294
Info: addon GlitchyTest: 1716
Info: addon GlitchyTest: Vitality <-- clear stat name
Info: addon GlitchyTest: userdata: 0x15305820
Info: addon GlitchyTest: : 26.102924346924

How it is

Info: addon GlitchyTest: 1826
Info: addon GlitchyTest: <-- no stat name here just empty string for proficiency/det/brut
Info: addon GlitchyTest: userdata: 0x153022b0
Info: addon GlitchyTest: : 58.8235
Info: addon GlitchyTest: 1826
Info: addon GlitchyTest: Caution <-- clear stat name
Info: addon GlitchyTest: userdata: 0x2c843e58
Info: addon GlitchyTest: : 58.8235

What i want to do it store these stats in a file to be loaded again, i thought that maybe it was possible with the userdata, but i found that the userdata changes every single time you load the game so it would not be possible to link them to the previous save file. The name of the stat is the only way i can think of.

Thursday, August 11th 2016, 10:13pm

Proficiency, Brutality, Determination, Vitality, Bloodlust and Willpower aren't considered "special" stats, they are referred to in the API as "innate" stats.

From what I've seen, all the functions that return innate stats in any way still have the remnants of the 5.0 version when Anger, Tenacity and Luck were also innate stats. Turns out they didn't clean up the old garbage from the API :S

Rate this thread