You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 8:35pm

Create Content exclusive to Subscription Server

Add exclusive Gear, mounts, items, Quest Lines, server events, competitions ect.. to the Subscription server. That way more people will be drawn to the subscription server simply because they want a specific mount or item, or they want to take part in an event only available on the Subscription server. There needs to be VERY CLEAR benefits for people to play and pay on the subscription server other than the fact that the stupid cash shop is removed (which in itself i am willing to pay 10$ a month for lol).

The major draw to Allods and it's main advertising point is and always has been that it is Free To Play. This needs to be changed. Sure advertise that a F2P option is available and is quite enjoyable. But the subscription server should be the main focus. When i look at the MMOs available on the market today i see many quality F2P games that are simply ruined due to the outdated idea of an in game cash shop being the ONLY source of income so it's nice to see Allods doing something different. But honestly the P2P server feels like a half-in effort, just a test. You need to jump in headfirst to the subscription based service. Many people seek out F2P games because monthly subscription on most pay to play games are a bit much. A lower than average subscription fee or a one time purchase price would garner some interest.

A format that would seem to work good would be as follows.
1) Very cheap monthly subscription. 5 dollars/month, something pretty much anyone can afford as well as a low enough price that it may draw players away from the more expensive MMOs out there. Plus after months and months of paying the subscription fee you don't feel like you have been taken for hundreds of dollars like in WoW for example.
2) Offer a Vanity Cash Shop and create new hairstyles, costumes, accessories, mount accessories ect. on a regular basis. Purely for look and have no actual effect to stats in game.
3) Allow more subscriptions options. Week/Month/Year/Lifetime subscriptions.
4) Release new content/Expansions on the subscriptions server Months before it is released on the Free to play server and charge 5-10$ for the new content/expansions
5) Offer free game time and Vanity Shop cash to players that are able to recruit friends to join the subscription server.
6) Introduce a basic trading card game similar to the Final Fantasy 8 and 9 titles and make it exclusive to the Subscription Server.
7) Offer players currently playing on the F2P server Vanity Shop Cash simply for joining the Subscription server.

Encourage the loyal fans of this fine game to advertise and recruit more people. Spread the word, let people know now that they can come try the subscription server for free, help this game not only survive but to thrive.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Macrath" (Apr 1st 2014, 8:41pm)

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 8:46pm

I, for one, do not want exclusive content, as I don't want to draw people who only want to play on the server for the shinies.

Giving us access to all f2p vanity content and mounts, and a rebalancing would be greatly appreciated though.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 11:23pm

I, for one, do not want exclusive content, as I don't want to draw people who only want to play on the server for the shinies.

Giving us access to all f2p vanity content and mounts, and a rebalancing would be greatly appreciated though.

As long as they put the things behind a quest or a drop, or a cost of gold, I'd be fine with it.

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 11:38am

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

I agree with creator of this thread. I play on sub server from the day it was created and honestly i don't really feel the benefits of being there aside from removed item shop. Players on sub server need to be more spoiled to really see any reason to keep playing for a extended period of time.

I would add these things to sub server i addition to others mentioned:
- unlimited reincarnations (now is 1 reinc lol)
- cross faction vanity items (league can have imp costumes, imps can have league)
- unbound everything ?
- speeding up Greatness
- speedeng up creation of private allod (actually I'm for removing all quests for private allod on p2p, You get Greatness - You get private allod, as simple as that)

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 3:22pm

Alafff

Intermediate

Just add more costumes , more pve mount ,
AND QUEST to win new possibilites like 3rd job , unlimited reincarnation , the finisher in pvp , mount skills and skin etc etc. So everyone with enought time can get all thoses upgrades for the price of the sub.

Perhaps even pvp mount and p5 but with long quest like the greatness one, and capacity to do only one at the same time , even tought all of them are availabe at the beginning
Sigmar 95 Demonist Officer of Legacy (Empire / P2P
Also HolyCurves , Malagor , Seya ,Therrettih , MySQL , TheProdigy

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 3:29pm

If they would make it all the same then why the hell would people even consider playing f2p anymore lol.
I

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 3:38pm

Alafff

Intermediate

If they would make it all the same then why the hell would people even consider playing f2p anymore lol.

In f2p you need to pay to obtain it

In p2p you'll need to do quest to obtain it , spend time in it.

I'm not asking about runes , about extra rubies and talents, elixirs , about everything that could unbalance greatly the game . But getting pvp mount with less hp , could be fun yup, or finishing your ennemies in style . etc etc
Sigmar 95 Demonist Officer of Legacy (Empire / P2P
Also HolyCurves , Malagor , Seya ,Therrettih , MySQL , TheProdigy

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 6:41pm

All content should be available on all servers and there are no exceptions.

The only thing that has been removed from the subscription servers is the shit that makes people want to go play there instead of playing on the free one.

I think the fatalities should be available on the subscription, possibly without the stats buff. Combat mounts and stuff like that - no. It will create the unbalance that drives people away from the free2play. The problem isn't that the spinner is cash shop mount. The problem is that not everyone can have it, which creates the imbalance. All costumes and all vanity should be available on the subscription, including ship hulls and itemshop ship accessories (zem, elven set) as vanities.

This suggestion if implemented as the OP suggested would be the death of the game in every way possible. It's one of the worst, most selfish suggestions anyone has ever made for Allods Online.

Considering I know how much some people spend on Allods f2p, I'll estimate that every active player on the f2p server is about $30 a month. It's an extremely rough estimation. Many do not spend anything, but many spend over $50 a month, and enough go a lot higher than that $50. Your suggestion cannot be "the f2p should suck it, and the p2p should pay $5 for uber advantage". If you want such big advantage (artificially slowing down updates on the f2p to benefit YOU is that), you should consider paying more than mere $5. I have a better suggestion than yours - make the subscription server free, don't change it at all and release updates in advance there. That will surely make it lively. Allods' only strength is that nobody has to pay for content access. There is no content exclusive to those that pay. This is vital in an MMO like this, and it is why so many other f2p mmos are unplayable for me.

If half the people on the p2p talked one player into joining, that would increase your population by 50%. And right now, access is free. Now is the time to do it. Stop being lazy! I have 4 friends I talked into joining the f2p. Everyone can do it. Jesus!
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 12:35pm

I play on RU - 8 f2p servers, all full like our one. 1 subscription server that is also just as full. So you have overall 9 f2p servers and 2 subscription servers, one of which is full and the other one (ours) is not. I'll make my statement clear - I am fine with promoting the subscription server. I am not fine with content being artificially delayed on the free servers, nor am I fine with actual content being exclusive to either server. I think it also takes quite a bit of audacity and selfishness to want content to be delayed for the majority of the population and want to pay only $5/month for this privilege.

Allods Online is a free2play game with an optional subscription server. It is not a subscription game with an optional f2p server.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Rate this thread