You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 12:15am

Paid Add-ons fair???

I don't think they are. Here is why. Let's look at the velhru stats add-on. He originally had it to where people could pay in game currency for the add-on which was highly inconvenient but alright. Now he makes the add-on for the new patch except now we have to pay real money for it. I know he put a lot of time and effort into it, but still, it is a f2p game. The other question here, is it legal? To take a SDK of a licensed product and sell information/data for your own profit without cost and/or royalty fees from the creator/owner of the product it was designed for? I know if it was me and I made a game for folks to play and decided to let them make add-ons to enhance their experience and then someone comes up and tries to make a quick buck off my product then I wouldn't be too happy. What do you think?

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 12:29am

Do you have any idea how much time and effort goes into writing an addon?

Sure, I would never use a paid addon, and many games don't allow them, but I certainly don't begrudge their authors.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 12:39am

Interesting fact.

Paid add-ons for games are ILLEGAL!

So feel free to report any site you find hosting them for copy-write infringement.

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 1:33am

Interesting fact.

So feel free to report any site you find hosting them for copy-write infringement.

I'm afraid that you don't understand how copyright works.

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 2:09am

Senpai

Intermediate

• "Senpai" has been banned

I don't think they are. Here is why. Let's look at the velhru stats add-on. He originally had it to where people could pay in game currency for the add-on which was highly inconvenient but alright. Now he makes the add-on for the new patch except now we have to pay real money for it. I know he put a lot of time and effort into it, but still, it is a f2p game. The other question here, is it legal? To take a SDK of a licensed product and sell information/data for your own profit without cost and/or royalty fees from the creator/owner of the product it was designed for? I know if it was me and I made a game for folks to play and decided to let them make add-ons to enhance their experience and then someone comes up and tries to make a quick buck off my product then I wouldn't be too happy. What do you think?

pls go jump off an allod over and over and over again.
KAPPA

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 2:13am

Ghost

Trainee

Did you ever consider that...
possibly...
maybe...
... the group of addon developers he is working with are asking him to make it paid? So that they don't lose business on similar paid addons.

Come on. Don't be stupid. I would totally pay for my addons if they accepted paypal, no problem whatsoever.

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 2:57am

I'm afraid you don't Dhamp.

The addons because they run off of the Allods game code legally belong to Astrum Nival.

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 3:43am

Is there really a need to make this topic?

Addons cost like $0.10-$1.00 per addon. Are you really that cheap? Also you can add up to 4 friends to use your addon which can make an addon cost less if you want your friends to chip in :)

As for legal matter, there maybe some but I have never heard of software developer who pays Microsoft just to be able to code for their Windows platform and also I have never heard of Microsoft saying it's illegal to ask for money for software coded for Windows.
Name: Kappa Server: Evolution Faction: Empire Guild: Ascendancy (Nezeb)

Discord: Kappa#0262

Twitch

YouTube

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 3:52am

Is this a serious discussion?
Seriously?

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 4:10am

you could collect cans from the street and still pay for addons np. - WTB PAYPAL OPTION PLS LIKE PHANToRiNO

btw all the free addons are sufficient enough

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 5:12am

i can...

only lol about this topic..

dude... if u only knew the work and time in majority of the add-ons.. the amount of players using it...

its just.. plain stupid to make such a topic man

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

-1 :thumbdown:

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 5:46am

Lyrrea

Beginner

Firstly, Attacking a member of the community is against the Forum rules. Second, If you don't like it, you don't need to buy it. You're under no circumstances being forced to buy this addon, or even use it. There is a free one, which is of less quality and doesn't do as much - but it's free.

Interesting fact.

The addons because they run off of the Allods game code legally belong to Astrum Nival.
Addons are codes written for a game by a completely separate author. It is the author's decision how this addon is distributed. The Author completely owns the addon, also Astrum Nival aren't the devs of Allods, "Allods Team/Allods Group" are. It is stated nowhere that selling addons is illegal, and I'm sure if it were, Mail.ru would have sued alloder.pro ages ago if it were. The thing is - you can't go around making accusations and assumptions when you don't know about the topic.

Also, Shipwreckedsoul - It's probably best if you don't ruin your reputation even more with this servers forum.

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 5:58am

Fischkopp

Intermediate

Interesting fact.

Well....eeehmmmm.... LOL?
Btw,the right Word is Copyright,not Copy-write.

@ Lyrrea: read this about Astrum Nival:

Astrum Nival (former Nival Online) is the leading developer and operator of free to play, client-based online games in Russia and the CIS responsible for hits like Perfect World, Pirate King Online (branded as Piratia™ in Russia), its first announced title is Allods Online, the MMORPG continuation of the acclaimed Allods series (known internationally as Rage of Mages).
Hinweis: alle von mir geposteten Bilder und Texte unterliegen meinem Copyright. Eine Weiterverarbeitung,Bearbeitung und Weiterverbreitung sind ohne mein ausdrückliches Einverständnis generell untersagt.
Ausnahmen: Hauptberufliche Mitarbeiter von my.com und Mail.ru sowie Communitymanager (aktuell Fayne)

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 6:26am

Okay this wasn't meant as a bashing to the author of any add-ons. I do know how much time and effort it takes to make an add-on. Also, I gave a rather generic example of an add-on, never once made a single reference to the creator and/or his or her name so I'm not breaking any rules. And my reputation is well enough, think what you want of me. I've done nothing to cause any of you to feel in such manner towards me. I simply brought up a subject that I felt was needed to talk about. Look at it anyway you want though, no company will allow someone to make profit off their own product. If they did, there would be no use for an EULA nor international publishers of the game. That's all I was saying. Sorry for any misunderstandings.

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 6:27am

SinBadd

Beginner

Is there really a need to make this topic?

Addons cost like $0.10-$1.00 per addon. Are you really that cheap? Also you can add up to 4 friends to use your addon which can make an addon cost less if you want your friends to chip in :)

As for legal matter, there maybe some but I have never heard of software developer who pays Microsoft just to be able to code for their Windows platform and also I have never heard of Microsoft saying it's illegal to ask for money for software coded for Windows.

I agree that they are cheap but you can not get them because they suggest that US residents use Liqpay which takes your credit card information charges you multiple times for said addon and you dont get the confirmation number by text because thats how it is delivered and the reason you dont get it is because USA Cel-phone carriers block these transmissions due to terrorist activities and as for Paypal it will never happen because paypal will not work with some russian sites ie alloder.pro because of the amount of fraud that has gone on , this is one of the reasons they reformed ui9 and became alloder.pro and or alot of other third world countries for 2 reasons 1 i stated terrorist and second because of there unstable economy and the effect it has on financial institutions and or unethical practices or very bad delivery systems i specifically called paypal for this reason to get information. also i got charged 5 times and Liqpay did not send my confirmation text or i never got so could not get my download . They should set up a USA site that contains said addons and make them more available like any normal company seeking a profit. I think as long as prices stayed the same and delivered accurately they would make a killing. no pun intended I realy love the addons and for .10-1.00 ill take 5 of each but how to get them is the issue

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "SinBadd" (Apr 2nd 2014, 6:33am) with the following reason: change

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 6:35am

No, but software is never truly owned by anyone other than the developer. When you download, install and use it, you agree to a license agreement. It grants you rights as the end-user. And most IDEs, especially those from MS, will cost you quite a buck. That's not including any additional technologies you use in whatever you create. Then you have the royalty fees. The list goes on. lol.

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 8:42am

You do realise that EULAs are notoriously difficult to enforce, and really only serve as "you didn't say that I couldn't..." protection should the developers take an action against an end user?

When Blizzard shut down paid addons for WoW, they did it through API licence changes, which is a whole different kettle of fish to copyright, and also had to be sufficiently sweeping that it also banned accepting donations to keep addon hosts running.

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 8:52am

Senpai

Intermediate

• "Senpai" has been banned

still don't get why this is still going on the amount of stupid in this thread is over 9,000
KAPPA

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 10:09am

The amount of fail in this comment is just too damn high.

EDIT: Paid add-ons are completely legal.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 11:15am

Achilles

Intermediate

You can afford 10 euro a month (if you're in P2P) or however much you spend a month on CS items...

...But you can't afford 20 cents for an add-on?

Y U SO CHEAP
Achilles | Mage | Avarice
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌───────────────────────────────▐
▌█▀█─█─█─▀█▀─▀█▀─█─█─█─█─█▀█─▀█▀▐
▌█▀▄─█─█──█───█──█▀█─█─█─█▀▄──█─▐
▌▀▀▀─▀▀▀──▀───▀──▀─▀─▀▀▀─▀─▀──▀─▐
▌───────────────────────────────▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀