You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, September 11th 2016, 12:32am

Why does the game completely close when I dc now?

I mean, dc'ing has been a problem before, but as long as it kicked me back to the login screen, I could get back in quick enough to avoid dying if I, say, started combat just before dc'ing (has anyone noticed that, in any game, you're far more likely to dc 0.00001 seconds after starting combat?)

Now, though, the game kicks me out all the way back to the launcher. This inefficiency means I have almost no hope of getting back in before my character dies to a trivial mob that I should've been able to beat in 2 seconds.

I am annoyed.

Sunday, September 11th 2016, 2:29am

game almost never loses connection for me
if it does it goes back to loginscreen, log in and continue

have you turned off the peer to peer seeding / uploading-*** ?

Sunday, September 11th 2016, 10:12am

game almost never loses connection for me
if it does it goes back to loginscreen, log in and continue

have you turned off the peer to peer seeding / uploading-*** ?
I didn't even realize it existed to begin with! Thanks for the heads up.

Still, I don't have the best internet (though it is the best internet available in this area, sadly) so I'll probably still get disconnected quite a bit.

EDIT:

Well, the game is running better, but at the same time, it's still crashing back to the launcher whenever I disconnect.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Zachski" (Sep 11th 2016, 10:43am)

Sunday, September 11th 2016, 7:52pm

Gwiniel

Intermediate

I have similar problem... whenever the game crashes, it goes down to launcher, which it never did before season 7.0.1.

Also the game has started to crash without obvious reason and gives an error code. My connection hasn't even been disconnecting. Allods has been crashing down occasionally ever since I started playing in 2010 but since patch 7, it has become more frequent.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Sunday, September 11th 2016, 8:15pm

:!: you can try the following at your own:

open
\Allods Online\Personal\global.cfg
with texteditor

and change the followinf lines to this

crash_on_out_of_memory=0
use_crash_report=0

this could fix the random crashes

:!: do you use normal launcher or my com launcher? try using the normal one if you dont

:!: also, if someone of you have the weird new windows check its "update"functions, it also tends to flood the internetconnection with peer to peer s*** which ruins the gameexperience