You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, September 13th 2016, 10:05pm

Aionwen

Professional

international tournaments

wouldn russians not be in an huge advantage coz of cheaper cashshop? :huh:
PLS make Tekians playable race. fix shipcanons!

Tuesday, September 13th 2016, 10:16pm

freestile

Professional

although i always was happy when i knew what future sales to expect so i could save up enough gold before )

+1 knowing in advance the incoming cs event is a real huge chance for us

Zitat von »IAmGroot«
coming back wouldn't be the worse thing in the world

mmhm, maybe trump could be worse...

lool^^

Quoted from "Bluescarlet"
mhh infinite raids? O.o ouch sounds like no lifers will have a massive advantage then?

JUSTICE IS SERVED!

yes! stop limit the ones that play the game. The ones with more free time can farm ig, the ones with less (usually because they work more) have more money so they can catch up anyway...
Now wait and see at what point rewards from this system are lowered compared to the "normal" way

Tuesday, September 13th 2016, 11:05pm

PoloRL

Trainee

I get the feeling there speeding us along so we can be merged with the Russians.
We do not have plans for merge. It will not bring any positive aspects for players.
Yeah, it would only mean people on p2p could actually play with REAL people in, you know, an MMO. No positive aspects at all.

Wednesday, September 14th 2016, 12:43am

I get the feeling there speeding us along so we can be merged with the Russians.
We do not have plans for merge. It will not bring any positive aspects for players.
Yeah, it would only mean people on p2p could actually play with REAL people in, you know, an MMO. No positive aspects at all.
People only bring negativity. The only way to truly have positive aspects is by killing the population down and not helping the servers so no one can rate the game poorly. (Sarcasm) ?(

Wednesday, September 14th 2016, 3:13am

mhh infinite raids? O.o ouch sounds like no lifers will have a massive advantage then? :(
they ALWAYS had ^^ especially the veteran or paying nolifers :P (and even worse, the paying veteran nolifers!! 8o )
there is no game where these players do not prosper

(well ok there are games unlike allods where you can cheat with aimbot esp and all that, there is one more successful sort of players then, the paying veteran nolifers which use cheats :rolleyes: )

beeiing in a situation where you can afford to "nolife" some internetgame is even more valuable than when you can spend 10.000 $ + on it as money comes over time anyway while times does not come from money in the end

a ("hardcore"-)players goal theoretically always is to be able to spend a maximum of time within his favorite game

Wednesday, September 14th 2016, 9:01am

HI...

Any prediction about when we will get the 7.2 here? any estimated time..
We will organize traditional "Guess Release Day" event, before that.
Here is link to previous one.
https://www.facebook.com/AllodsOnline/ph…153888375164370

Wednesday, September 14th 2016, 11:32am

Mhuldoon

Professional

• "Mhuldoon" started this thread

Following on from CM_Official:

And in patch 7.2 il be and daly reward like in Ru https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASqmQX-ZAgs , giving you combat mounts / Tears , etc ?

Lots of interesting question regarding 7.2 but THIS is certainly the most important one, will we, as russians, get this event that would reward us with a realy worthy item like a combat mount? or is this one one of the numerous things russians have had but not us ?(

If you mean this, then yes.

Regards,
Mhul

Wednesday, September 14th 2016, 11:48am

Following on from CM_Official:

And in patch 7.2 il be and daly reward like in Ru https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASqmQX-ZAgs , giving you combat mounts / Tears , etc ?

Lots of interesting question regarding 7.2 but THIS is certainly the most important one, will we, as russians, get this event that would reward us with a realy worthy item like a combat mount? or is this one one of the numerous things russians have had but not us ?(

If you mean this, then yes.

Regards,
Mhul

For me, the more important question its we got thsi?
And if yes - what cost this items get? This items realy nice and can make entering in the game way more easy for new ppl, what can realy help this game. Just need to make not big price for it, so alot of ppl can buy it.
Edera - just nab.
Ruski

Wednesday, September 14th 2016, 1:38pm

For me, the more important question its we got thsi?
And if yes - what cost this items get? This items realy nice and can make entering in the game way more easy for new ppl, what can realy help this game. Just need to make not big price for it, so alot of ppl can buy it.

I can never understand how paying players would ever choose something like that over subscription. Principle is pretty much the same, you pay once a month.

This is only good for people who pay nothing and only live by converting gold to crystals, if the ever-increasing rate hasn't driven them completely extinct yet that is.

Wednesday, September 14th 2016, 3:22pm

I can never understand how paying players would ever choose something like that over subscription. Principle is pretty much the same, you pay once a month.
Yeah, it's called freemium, what's wrong with that?

You can start playing AO for FREE, get to max level, figure out that there's a lot of end game activities and then calculate how much you need to pay in a single payment to become competitive in those activities. After that you'd most likely close AO, uninstall it and find something more affordable. And with the temporary items you're given an option to split the payment and eventually stop paying at all (because not only those new items give you a huge but temporary boost, they reward you with fragments of the permanent items of approximately same AH/Boutique cost)

And for second, p2p model of AO sucks because playing on p2p is pita.

P.S. I believe those infinite raids are for "obsolete" dungeons only, so it's only for no-lifers to complain that some other no-lifers got to catch them in less time than it took them to build an advantage.

Wednesday, September 14th 2016, 3:38pm

p2p model of AO sucks because playing on p2p is pita.

I strongly disagree with this.

P2P model of Allods is as close to oldschool MMOs as you can get these days, that is, everything you can get there you get exclusively by playing the game.

MMO games are about making you want to be online all the time. About making you want to forget that life exists outside of the game. They way Allods devs chose to go about it isn't perfect, but calling it pita is an immense exaggeration. Other games' developers just outright abandoned this critical principle.

If only the p2p Allods got proper public exposure with clear outline of all the details...

Wednesday, September 14th 2016, 3:39pm

@Dala well not sure if justice is the right word there :/ many ppl will probably quit if they take our the weekly limits cuz then its a game for ppl without work only ...

@ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER meh ofc an active player has an advantage over a casual one atm which is totally ok.. but if there is rrly no limit and you can infinitly farm gear ! then you can max your gear in 1 day? sry but that sucks in my eyes ... and its actually not unrealistic for example winter palace on easy mode takes around 10 min if you dont wipe... but hey lets say 15 min cuz you wanna do breaks or something^^ now they said they new mode is even more easy so its 5 min? makes 12 runs per hour and a no lifer plays 15-20 hours a day which results in 180-240 cleared raids per day?! even if you only get 1 combat material per complete run(and thats unlikely...) then you get like 15k-19k mats per day which is a week worth atm (and dont forget its likely more than 1 material then so multiply this probably at least tenfold) like this you will leave all normal ppl in the durst after 1 day and reach max gear in a very short amount of time...which is usually the time most ppl quit the game till next patch btw :D

so i rrly hope the new raids only drops mithrildust or shit like that else this patch might be devastating...

Wednesday, September 14th 2016, 4:28pm

Dala, I was only answering why people would rather pay for the temporary items on f2p than for a subscription. Not everyone wants to be online all the time, not in one single mmo that's for sure :) And having to farm to be able to simply change the build... no, thank you, FoD ftw.

Bluescarlet, how would it devastate the game in 7.0.1 if Fractal Normal mode would drop Perfect Material and could be done unlimited amount of times?

In my opinion it would only let those may-be-existing-no-lifers-that-team-up-with-other-no-lifers-effectively to farm 5 lvl 71 fabled pieces in one week. Is it a big deal or what?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "user_1129018" (Sep 14th 2016, 4:36pm)

Wednesday, September 14th 2016, 4:59pm

Well, it has a potential of devastating the game in an extreme case, but it's very unlikely that people would make it so.

You recognize a game has failed when you know and feel there's nothing to do in it anymore (for a given day/week/month). Reason it happened is not really relevant at all, so weekly/daily/monthly caps contribute to this in a similar way. This is definitely better than the current hard limits, because of the titanic effort it requires to reach that point. Much smaller percentage of the playerbase will break the game for themselves this way.

The fact people are "quitting until next patch" at all is an indication there's something wrong with the game in that patch. Ideally the progress should be balanced in a similar way the cash shop is for non-paying players, that is there's only an illusion that capping out is possible. Unlike the cash shop though, this illusion should be very hard to see through.

Infinity is the key to success here. This is why vanilla WoW back in 2005 did such a great job and why Allods 7.0 is failing.

Edit:

Not everyone wants to be online all the time, not in one single mmo that's for sure :)

Have you ever asked yourself why is it so? It's because currently available MMOs aren't doing good enough job. You'll realize this if by some sort of miracle someone in the industry nails everything down perfectly or at least very close to.

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "Dala" (Sep 14th 2016, 5:30pm)

Wednesday, September 14th 2016, 6:29pm

@user_1129018 if its rrly only for old raids i dont care^^ if its for new ones this may be my end here :(

@Dala i dont think it has something to do with current patch^^ it was EVERY patch that many ppl quit the game (or nearly i at least logged in for guildquest^^) when you reach max gear^^ also not only would those extreme gamers ruin the game partly for themselfs but even more for others... i mean imagine going champion fights just to see enemys with 20-30k gearscore more...yeah sounds fun for me ...

Wednesday, September 14th 2016, 6:35pm

Have you ever asked yourself why is it so? It's because currently available MMOs aren't doing good enough job. You'll realize this if by some sort of miracle someone in the industry nails everything down perfectly or at least very close to.
Or maybe it's because MMO is just one aspect of RL, while it has much more to offer aside from mmo?

Wednesday, September 14th 2016, 7:10pm

@Dala i dont think it has something to do with current patch^^ it was EVERY patch that many ppl quit the game (or nearly i at least logged in for guildquest^^) when you reach max gear^^

Exactly, this is a sign that Allods isn't doing very well, you see how small the playerbase is. They contributed to it greatly with 6.0/7.0 removal of (mostly astral) content and introduction of hard limits. Reaching "max" should not be possible, for ANYONE, EVER. Life or no life. But there needs to be a progress line and players should feel the progress as they play.

Imagine they they revamp the game like this:
  • No astral keys at all, you can fly freely and unlimited as many times as you want. Likewise with Battlegrounds, June catacombs, Arena of death, Melting Isle, Anomalous Sector, Mazes and all in-game activities. Rewards are appropriately reduced to balance this.
  • Instant teleports to isles are completely removed, "dungeon finder" only gathers the group and stops there.
  • You have to actually gear up the ship, sail it to the destination (and not explode on the way), pick up the chests and get back to hangar to receive your loot. You can be attacked by enemy players while flying and your resources (items, materials) can be stolen.
  • Gear progress is very small per completed Allod or any in-game activity, but it's there and accumulates over a long time.
  • Resources from multiple in-game activities are required for progress and Negotiants provide direct exchange of one currency to another, for example battleground marks to anomalous emanations or tka rik sparks or goblinball medals. There is no "negotiant currency". Exchange rate is based on same principles as gold-crystal.

Voila, they are now much closer to a game their players will never want to leave, ever. I know I wouldn't.

i mean imagine going champion fights just to see enemys with 20-30k gearscore more...yeah sounds fun for me ...

That's quite the opposite, competition is a very nice motivational factor. It would be balanced provided there is no real "max" and they have to constantly put effort in to retain the advantage.

Or maybe it's because MMO is just one aspect of RL, while it has much more to offer aside from mmo?

Whatever it is in life you really love, you do that and diminish/forget/push out everything else. Many-aspects is simply not possible to enjoy to the fullest, even if you have the resources (which most people don't), your life is simply too short for many aspects.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dala" (Sep 14th 2016, 7:18pm)

Wednesday, September 14th 2016, 7:19pm

freestile

Professional

my thought about that :

-mmorpg is a type of game made for no-lifers (well everyone can play but it's normal if no-lifer become op)

-to limit artificially the progress of the players (with daylies like astral keys, dayly quests etc.) is to me a clear proof of the devs saying "we don't have anything else to make you play for now so we'll split the available content" :thumbdown: / if a player wants to farm the content, let him free to do so as fast as he wants/can with his own limits

-gear isn't and has never been an interesting thing IMO, to me it's just the thing that use dev's to hide the lack of real interesting content. As i've already told it in previous threads, the only things that should motivate us in an mmo are the things that give power ups to our char on the long run (not only 1 year or even 3-4 months like now).
what we all do now : new year new patch (we all have the same gear) ==> gear race (use time and gold) ==> we reach max gear (we all have the same gear so still no strengh difference, which is what you want when you gear up, to become stronger than others)
So imo it'd be MUCH more clever simply not to enter into this pointless gear race and save a lot of gold/time that we can use farming to increase the cs of our char (cs = the good side of the force as it remains forever, dark side is the gear and the non-permanent cs items)

==> and i really can't understand why people are leaving when they reach max gear... as it's clearly not the fun part of the game it's better simply not gearing up OR getting rid of it asap so you can farm gold/enjoy pvp...

i'll finish with a comparison that i find beiing pretty good :
-dev's are the masters
- we are their dogs
-every year they throw a ball (gear system)
-we run to catch it and bring it to them (gear race)
-and then a new year begins and they throw another ball

so gearing up every year is to me exactly like a master and his dog "playing" this "go catch the ball and bring it to me game" : it's completely unproductive and if the dog would have a human brain (so yes we can say that i compare you guys to dogs lvl of intelligence :P ) he would say "why the fuck are you making me that man, it's not fun at all and pointless!"

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "freestile" (Sep 14th 2016, 7:26pm)

Wednesday, September 14th 2016, 7:47pm

@Dala the system you propose would make me and many of the endgamers spot the game^^ i simply dont have time to go astral 4-5 hours a day to play this game :( and if this would turn me into a lowie well then i would quit^^ iam not willingly to be stomped by some ppl who just have more free time than me :D but well opinions differ i guess

Wednesday, September 14th 2016, 9:26pm

Aionwen

Professional

i liked the limits coz i dont like to be outraced in three weeks, u just had to use most of ur keys in a week and u stood competitive in pvp.
the problem was the gold, when i wanted to buy items i couldnt get maxgear and stoped near fulllegi so i could farm the rest of the saison and enjoy pvp.
with evry new item im stuck in this progress and it sucks.
i liked the old lootsystem when u did allods to get upgraders so u could improve ur gear but now im not intrested in gearing coz i dont wanna handle the new system.
infinite raids would mean, i could do what i like to do in the game, play my char in groupcontent to gear and be no onehit and enjoy pvp and farm gold.
afaik was the big hit from wow that they recognized the game becomes more attractive when u can catch up fast...
PLS make Tekians playable race. fix shipcanons!

Rate this thread