You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 7:36pm

gamecenter@mail.ru process question

hello i got question about new process eating bandwith mostly not home atm so im using mobile internet to play. its ok so far but lately that new process eating mine Mbs so is there a way to avoid that if i limit traffic in netlimiter i got windows crash(blue screen) bad_pool_blablabla. what im i downloading every time im starting game around 200MB? its new thing after last patch? are u using us for p2p protocol for others who downloading patch or what? if yes....bye for now till i get back home....

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 7:40pm

Can you go to C:\Windows\Minidump, and check what files are there?

The BSOD is likely the cause of the corrupt installation.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 10:47pm

if you have downloaded the gamefiles for YOU already then block upload completely, dont just limit it
(for downloading: limit all ports except port 80 for gamecenter process, this will stop the process from establishing peer to peer *** and just download straight from game-updateserver)

i blocked upload completely and it still downloaded over 3 GB of data...
while monitoring these activities i saw it was downloading the pack files, so its legit

the biggest part are the high-res files...
if you are limited on bandwith or want to save bandwith just because you want, you can also suspend the process from downloading after getting the core files, since high-res is not NECESSARY for playing, but very large

after it finished i suspended the process from network completely and now im fine
i only give it access to download if there is new content

it is really a bad move, that there is an option to "limit upload" ingame to 16kb/s but there is no option to stop download completely
what if i dont want to upload? right, game does not care, i have to solve this problem myself....

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Apr 3rd 2014, 10:57pm)

Friday, April 4th 2014, 1:16am

i dont use the gamecenter thingy at all for downloading patches. It runs in background but not actively (its not even on my task bar right now) once i launch the game, thats fine.
Sailoryue: lvl 60 Bard
Painkiller: lvl 50 Healer
Palpatine: Lvl 45 Psi (ret)
Mereda: lvl 53 scout (ret)
(anonymous): lvl 55 Paladin (RET)

Friday, April 4th 2014, 1:33am

reeah19

Intermediate

start the game from Allods/bin/launcher , it should fix the problem
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Friday, April 4th 2014, 1:36am

^this. i use the same old shortcut i used before the transfermerge. i probably run the my.com torrent program maybe if theres a big update, but otherwise, it stays turned off.
Sailoryue: lvl 60 Bard
Painkiller: lvl 50 Healer
Palpatine: Lvl 45 Psi (ret)
Mereda: lvl 53 scout (ret)
(anonymous): lvl 55 Paladin (RET)

Friday, April 4th 2014, 3:21am

i dont use the gamecenter thingy at all for downloading patches. It runs in background but not actively (its not even on my task bar right now) once i launch the game, thats fine.

it is never in the taskbar

also i think he already starts it from Allods/bin/launcher
the gamecenter@mail.ru.exe still runs then

launcher.exe is the parental process of gamecenter@mail.ru

if you kill gamecenter@mail.ru while playing, AOgame.exe will try to restart it
however if you dont allow AOgame.exe to restart it you are still fine as long as you have downloaded all data thats necessary for playing

Friday, April 4th 2014, 1:23pm

reeah19

Intermediate

yea it runs in the background but at least at me it doesnt upload/download anything for sure, if you open the gamecenter it runs as agent
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden