You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, April 4th 2014, 9:26am

a question about pve

Hey people i just want to ask if paladin or warrior is better for pve. I'm going to choose depending on this, and need to know which one is a better pve character help me please.

Friday, April 4th 2014, 9:38am

Nyashiro

Intermediate

From what I've seen in raids, warriors do higher dps both single target and aoe and have quite good survivability. Though most of the paladins I've seen are tanks during raids so no idea how paladins dps in astral and if it's better than warrior (but on one aspect for sure - warrior is way better in aoe dps.)
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

Friday, April 4th 2014, 10:03am

Warrior is a nice DPS in PvE/PvP and right played allways ahead.
Paladins are not so good in DPS, caue they use tank gear , because of greatness.
But nothing is better in Raids for tanking than a good Paladin.

Friday, April 4th 2014, 10:56am

Nyashiro

Intermediate

In other words, warrior is a natural born dps class.
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

Friday, April 4th 2014, 11:46am

So is it like DPS=PVE? In some games tanks are terrible pve unless they find a good clan with active members, but in some games high defence means a lot when leveling alone so tanks can be the best pve characters. And i dont know about this game im just beginning and im not into pvp so much. so im looking for the best way for pve.

Friday, April 4th 2014, 11:53am

Paladins have lower output and better survivability.

Warriors have higher output and lower survivability.

You'll never excel as a paladin dps, but you'll be harder to kill. It's not *bad* by any stretch of the imagination, but if the biggest numbers is your primary concern, go for warrior.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Friday, April 4th 2014, 1:34pm

Dantz93

Beginner

Paladins best in single target tanking while warriors in multiply target due to their high aoe damage...however choose the one that fits more with your gameplay ;)
Dilios
XadaganianAvenger

Dream teamgb

Friday, April 4th 2014, 3:07pm

Paladin can be great in multiple target tanking, just need a few sec to aggro all and a person who knows to use the tab button.
Fiddler - Bard - Avarice
Kulha - Warrior - Avarice

Friday, April 4th 2014, 7:20pm

Warrior are great tanks too..I have warrior reincarn and my old main was a paladin so I kinda know both and the main difference I noticed is that warriors have quite more powerful AOEs as well as easier aggro when it comes to multiple mobs since they have cruelty skill and awesome AOEs.,Warrior tanks also have much dodge and parry etc so they can ignore much damage..Paladins on the other hand have barriers which store damage in them and can be managed through skills so harder to tank with Paladins in lags or so and not for lazy tanking so you'll have to spam your barriers for tanking and also they have cannons of light which limit their use of some skills and here you'll have to be a bit smart when you use holy paladin's skills instead of mindlessly spamming...Paladins also have excellent single target damage on physical DPS builds yet not powerful AOE damage as warriors..I think paladins have better DOTs than warriors and they also have more sustain like heals etc so they are better in soloing things since they can heal themselves yet they don't have warriors' stony resilience and awesome dodge but they have barriers..Warriors have great resistance to most forms of CC while paladins just have willpower rubies and a skill that prevents fear for some seconds...Paladins offer support along with tanking or even DPS more than warriors do..Warriors don't have much support skills while paladins have a shielding skill and a heal with a heal amplifying AOE buff as well as a combat ress that enables you to resurrect a dead party/raid member even in midst of battle which give a great advantage and saves raids and parties many times..Both are good in PVE but for paladin I couldn't level 45-55 easily with physical DPS build so I had to change holy tank since mobs hit like a truck later on specially if you have lower runes and I still use holy paladin build to level up and as it has more advantages than DPS one.Finally, Paladins have the ability to be ranged specially Holy paladin builds and like half of their skills hit magical and the other half physical while warriors use only physical damage and aren't that great in ranged combat since they have like only 2 ranged skills with bow..All in all you can now see the differences ,see what suits you more..I'd recommend paladin only if you love tanking more and have the patience to empty your barriers since it gets boring sometimes specially if you are impatient to kill mobs or so but if you want serious DPS, I'd say roll a warrior :)
Hilver level 60 Kanian great skald.

Friday, April 4th 2014, 7:48pm

Dantz93

Beginner

Yep tab button using is a must for every pala in pve but still it takes too long to get the aggro of mobs especially if there are more than 5 (5×3sec cooldown of rightouse word=15sec) so at least 15sec to get the aggro of all of them while warrior does it in 5sec....but even if its more complicated i prefer paladin :thumbup:
Dilios
XadaganianAvenger

Dream teamgb

Friday, April 4th 2014, 8:19pm

Nyashiro

Intermediate

Warrior are great tanks too..

I was a warrior tank until now (still am, before saturday evening) but warrior is not very effective in tanking as you progress on end game.. Paladin has better survivability and with some skill and knowledge of your class you can hold aoe agro quite well. For example warrior just takes all hits like they are with some chance of reducing the damage from them ever since dodge got removed, warriors take like 30% more hits that aren't dodged anymore. Paladin takes full hits and stores most of them in barriers which can be nullified with a few skills. It's really helpful in tanking.

P.S. didn't take time to read all (did now) but yea, warrior is good at tanking, but paladin is better. Warrior is more of a dps class ^^
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Luka" (Apr 4th 2014, 9:49pm)

Rate this thread