You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, October 21st 2016, 3:03pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

• "Mhuldoon" started this thread

Costume Assembly Contest Results - 2016

Dear Sarnaut,

As part of the Costume Assembly Contest, we asked you to conjure up your best custom-costume for a chance to win armfuls of crystals. Over 200 innovative costumes and concepts were supplied and we're happy to say that the winners have finally been chosen!

Here is the the prize list and our lucky winners!

• 1st–3rd place - 5,000 + 5 Anniversary Platinum Coins.
  • 4th–6th place - 3,000 + 3 Anniversary Gold & Platinum Coins.
  • 7th–10th place - 2,000 + 2 Anniversary Gold & Platinum Coins.

1st. [New Frontier] Hinnete
5,000 + 5 Anniversary Platinum Coins.

2nd. [Smuggler's Paradise] Crepusculia
200 days free subscription.

3rd. [New Frontier] Luciferilla
5,000 + 5 Anniversary Platinum Coins.

• 4th: [New Frontier] Adelinne ► 3,000 + 3 Anniversary Gold & Platinum Coins.
  • 5th: [New Frontier] McSkragDOG ► 3,000 + 3 Anniversary Gold & Platinum Coins.
  • 6th: [New Frontier] Tonalya ► 3,000 + 3 Anniversary Gold & Platinum Coins.
  • 7th: [New Frontier] Khazou ► 2,000 + 2 Anniversary Gold & Platinum Coins.
  • 8th: [New Frontier] Zetna ► 2,000 + 2 Anniversary Gold & Platinum Coins.
  • 9th: [New Frontier] Finestorr ► 2,000 + 2 Anniversary Gold & Platinum Coins.
  • 10th: [Smuggler's Paradise] BoneBreaker ► 90 days free subscription.

A big thanks goes out to everyone who took part in the event!

Friday, October 21st 2016, 4:42pm

Costume assembly contest winner - report

I want to report McSkrakDog for his entry, you gave him reward regardless he had an entry of full set costume. Thats against the rules.In this contest you are supposed to value CREATIVITY, right? How is entry of full set costume valued as creative? There were dozens of other entries with entries made of different parts and you give reward to a player who posted a full set costume? I suggest you make this right asap.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "firespeller565" (Oct 21st 2016, 4:48pm)

Friday, October 21st 2016, 6:36pm

Diktator

Trainee

I want to report McSkrakDog for his entry, you gave him reward regardless he had an entry of full set costume. Thats against the rules.In this contest you are supposed to value CREATIVITY, right? How is entry of full set costume valued as creative? There were dozens of other entries with entries made of different parts and you give reward to a player who posted a full set costume? I suggest you make this right asap.
Yeah seriously, what's the point of the contest when someone who just uses full costume set gets the reward.

Anyways, who picked winners? Was it just one person? How did you actually pick them?

Friday, October 21st 2016, 6:50pm

Wow, I think this is last drop for me in having faith in those who chooses winners for these contests.

I approve those who used actual originality and got good placement though, I think you know who you are :)

Friday, October 21st 2016, 7:19pm

Yeah seriously, what's the point of the contest when someone who just uses full costume set gets the reward.

Anyways, who picked winners? Was it just one person? How did you actually pick them?
"As expected, simply wearing a full matching outfit (such as all pieces of an existing class costume) doesn't cut it – they are looking for innovative or simply well-matched pieces of clothing that form a 'custom' costume of your own making"

- Said by mod who created this thread

As well as this
"Bonus points for creativity (ie. not just all pieces of same set)

Surely there are other more creative entries?

Saturday, October 22nd 2016, 10:07am

If you create a fake event just to give some prizes to your friend you can at least put a credible entry.

Doing this against f2p players is understandable but for p2p players who pay to get services this is bad. :(

Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 4:28am

Kissaki

Trainee

Meh, I may be be in a weird mood tonight or something but I think you just need to let this one slide.

Ok so the guy entered a costume that's a complete set and won something with it that he probably shouldn't have, but these kinda mistakes happen all the time.

What do you want them to do here - strip him of his prize and beg our forgiveness on forums? It's not going to happen.

It's fine to be annoyed by this kinda thing, but just watch the tone a bit.

These events are for fun. We've been getting some nice ones in the last few months and it's been good for the game.

It's nice if these things are a success...we've talked on wanting more advertising and events that help new players for years. So this kind of event is good and if there is a mistake in it then ok, point it out, but then move on and try to have a sense of humour about it.

In this case I really don't see that people were awarding prizes to friends or deliberately picking illegal costumes to get some yolos out of it. I see a good competition that had a small mistake in it.

Instead of picking out that one mistake and bashing game, I'd rather congratulate the winners and be happy that we have these things at all.

Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 10:14am

According to Lioo there is vote system for the choosing winners. You can call it "mistake" when most of the mods vote that guy or they didn't but somehow he won. Also taking away his reward (it is not his reward since he did not deserve it) is not a bad thing. If I have to talk about my tone it is reasonable. This game is for fun too but if somebody acts injust it is not the thing that we should accept for the reason its for fun. There was people who deserve it but couldnt won. Im with you its nice to see success of these events because more people etc... but this kind of "accidents" are not acceptable and ruins the reputation. Last thing for myself I did not bash game I bash the people who is in charge.
poot poot poot poot poot... POOTIE!! YOU'VE BEEN POOTED!!!

Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 11:33am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

Grats all :)

I hope in future these kind of events wouldn't limit the image attachment source so strictly. Didn't take part simply because I didn't want to use imgur or whatever the name was.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 3:51pm

This is last entry from me as well, I am not going to feed their FB page with comments anymore, or any kind of "contest" with entries.

The objectivity in their selection of winners is non existent.
They even break their own rules in winner selections, so what else is there to say..

Their pages and contests can from now own stay empty as desert for what I care (I know there will still be people who will post but I will certainly not be).

Grats to "random" people who got the rewards (again).

Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 5:21pm

I still wonder why we dont get any kind of response...

Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 5:26pm

Meh, I may be be in a weird mood tonight or something but I think you just need to let this one slide.

Ok so the guy entered a costume that's a complete set and won something with it that he probably shouldn't have, but these kinda mistakes happen all the time.

What do you want them to do here - strip him of his prize and beg our forgiveness on forums? It's not going to happen.

It's fine to be annoyed by this kinda thing, but just watch the tone a bit.

These events are for fun. We've been getting some nice ones in the last few months and it's been good for the game.

It's nice if these things are a success...we've talked on wanting more advertising and events that help new players for years. So this kind of event is good and if there is a mistake in it then ok, point it out, but then move on and try to have a sense of humour about it.

In this case I really don't see that people were awarding prizes to friends or deliberately picking illegal costumes to get some yolos out of it. I see a good competition that had a small mistake in it.

Instead of picking out that one mistake and bashing game, I'd rather congratulate the winners and be happy that we have these things at all.

I would like to understand your point of view on this matter but I will not. Exactly of your point of view we get this injustice...cuz of ppl who dont care like you. If I find something that is injustice in any kind I will report cuz thats what every1 should do so this things do not happen in future.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Gladia" (Oct 23rd 2016, 8:06pm) with the following reason: (deleting a double quote)

Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 6:59pm

I'm done with this contest thing ....

I'm guessing that the winners were chosen by random or so ... like some site that rolls from a number to a number, then simply put the resulting randomed entry post are the winners, YAY !!

Talking about creativity huh ? Nice joke fellows, I saw the whole thing so I thought other people might have won this ... there were really creative with their entries, but oh well ... who is going to judge 10 out of 200 ehh ? lets do a random boys .

Titanium
Scout/League/F2P

Bring It On! Cuz I'm Just Gonna Grow Up In The Battle HEY !!

Timed Artifacts: The hidden value
Blanks In Chat?

Monday, October 24th 2016, 11:52am

Mhuldoon

Professional

• "Mhuldoon" started this thread

Hey everyone,

We use an internal voting system so that those involved in the procedure can help ensure entries are as close to the given rule/criteria as possible. However, this doesn't mean the net is bulletproof or that things can't slip through, as has just happened. We can only apologize for this error, though no changes will be made - the winners were chosen and those who chose them will have to live with the error and use this experience for the betterment of future 'custom' events (eg. S.O.S, Task Force, Costume Assembly, and any other events conjured up down the road).

Please bear in mind that said events are being devised and executed by a small group who wish to provide rewarding, non-scripted events for everyone to enjoy - they are not immune to making errors, but they will certainly take this feedback on-board.

Regards,
Mhul

Monday, October 24th 2016, 3:59pm

You know, there are some race on this game like orc, gibberlings or arizens? Had there wonderful proposals with them too.

Like always, staff from allods have goods ideas for events but their logic to elect the winners is still ridiculous over the years and nerver learn about their mistakes.

Gg luckers who won ofc!

Monday, October 24th 2016, 5:38pm

Hey everyone,

We use an internal voting system so that those involved in the procedure can help ensure entries are as close to the given rule/criteria as possible. However, this doesn't mean the net is bulletproof or that things can't slip through, as has just happened. We can only apologize for this error, though no changes will be made - the winners were chosen and those who chose them will have to live with the error and use this experience for the betterment of future 'custom' events (eg. S.O.S, Task Force, Costume Assembly, and any other events conjured up down the road).

Please bear in mind that said events are being devised and executed by a small group who wish to provide rewarding, non-scripted events for everyone to enjoy - they are not immune to making errors, but they will certainly take this feedback on-board.

Regards,
Mhul

You will take this feedback on-board, cant get better than this. Just for your info, this event is only chance for some1 to get any reward because not all are gifted with drawing talent or sth like that. And what happens to me e.g.? Cuz of your (i mean plural) internal error in which you cant read and understand your own criteria, you give reward to non-legit entry...you take prize from "my" hands. This is simply injustice. Maybe next time in Swimsuit contest i take a swimsuit from net and copy + paste it and i can hope internal error will occur so i can get reward.

Monday, October 24th 2016, 6:23pm

Mapz

Trainee

What seemed legit to be done at this point, for me, was just to leave the awards for 1st to 3rd place as they are (and congratulations to them i guess), and extend the reward for 4th to 6th place to everyone who submitted an entry as a "partecipation reward", since the 5th place is not entitled to get any award. But if you'd rather choose the "suck it up" line, be it.

Tuesday, October 25th 2016, 10:21am

freestile

Professional

well, i felt bad cause i couldn´t be online to take my screenshots and participate to the event...
... BUT ...
...as usual they´ve fk up their own concept :wacko:
I mean, this type of thing (choosing which costume set is the most beautifull) is already HIGHLY if not totaly subjective, so if you start rewarding guys randomly (or at least it really looks like you did) it just can´t work... :thumbdown:

And pls, for this type of event, you know that a lot of us will try our luck, so i think it´d be fairer to reward more people with a lower amount (to me no one deserve 5k bc just for 3 screenshots... better reward 5-10x more players with 300 to 1500bc for exemple)

For me there are now too kinds of event in allods : the ones in which no skill is requiered (taskforce, this costume event...) that should reward all of us or at least quite a lot of us with low rewards; and the ones in which you need to make a bigger effort, to have a real knowledge of your class etc: (PMB, circle of equal ==> even if i´d also lower a bit the rewards of circle of equal to reward more players, cause 20kbc is just way too much imo, 5-6kmax would be better...)

But i´m kind of pissed of by the fact that every event now seems to be just a "you don´t need skill but try your luck as everyone else you might be picked up" while i´d prefer a "you are objectively (one of) the best of the contest = you win"

Tuesday, October 25th 2016, 11:44am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

For me there are now too kinds of event in allods : the ones in which no skill is requiered (taskforce, this costume event...) that should reward all of us or at least quite a lot of us with low rewards; and the ones in which you need to make a bigger effort, to have a real knowledge of your class etc: (PMB, circle of equal ==> even if i´d also lower a bit the rewards of circle of equal to reward more players, cause 20kbc is just way too much imo, 5-6kmax would be better...)

But i´m kind of pissed of by the fact that every event now seems to be just a "you don´t need skill but try your luck as everyone else you might be picked up" while i´d prefer a "you are objectively (one of) the best of the contest = you win"
What kind of events would you like then? Just curious...

Those no-skill-at-all-events such as the annuals are more common as they please more players - that includes all of the maintenance "fun" in facebook type of things as well.

I mean there has been all sorts of community events which require different skills but they usually haven't got anything to do with the actual game "knowledge" and or skill. I.e. design a swimsuit, wedding and a couple more writing contests, guild event (had different tasks) etc. The actual game knowledge/skill events have been PMB and Circle of Equals and that's about it.

It's incredibly hard to make a fair skill based event in a game like Allods that is heavy with cash shop goods. The more complex the event is, the more mistakes and unfair results they usually have. It probably would have to be some sort of pvp event or a dungeon raid event and both drops out a large portion of community because most can't do any of the newest raids and pvp events are most often won by richest players (without forgetting that pve players would hardly take part in the pvp one). Only fair pvp event would have to be something like Circle of Equals which we just had.

And that's why I'm curious to know what kind of other skill requiring events can you think of that you would want to see. Just genuinely curious so don't take this post as insulting or anything of that sort.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Rate this thread