You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, October 22nd 2016, 11:19am

im coming back so is it worth it?

hi guys umm i used to play in NA server and stop playing because of college stuffs (ughh) okay so im planning to play again this game because i miss this game lol. So is it worth it or should i look for a new mmo? thanks in advance :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "u_9922909" (Oct 22nd 2016, 12:22pm)

Saturday, October 22nd 2016, 1:31pm

Saturday, October 22nd 2016, 3:03pm

No it's not.

If you were Russian and played on Russian servers then maybe, but international version isn't even maintained properly. Just move on to a game from a company which actually cares for their players.

Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 4:33am

Hi,

Just being honest with you...NOT worth coming back.
Find another game that's worth your time.

Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 7:43am

some players like it some not i guess its a personal preference^^ just try it out yourself^^ in my eyes the game gets better and better for new guys... i mean now you get free cs items on a daily base and catching up was made super easy cuz you just need 1 person to carry you...also raids drop way more now

so just give it a try as we never had a good support in the first place :P

Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 10:31am

PoloRL

Trainee

I'd say no. As mentioned before customer service is poor and the population is terrible, especially on p2p. The MMO market is pretty bare right now but I'd still advise you find something else.

Monday, October 24th 2016, 1:08am

its interesting that those who are happy usually just enjoy but dont write while those not happy post much more
just take a look at novograd or yaskers tower and you will see many ppl playing the game as its good; they are busy playing instead of writing here :P

Monday, October 24th 2016, 9:06pm

novograd or yaskers tower and you will see many ppl playing the game as its good
I see what you try say but most of them AFK mostly. If you see someone in main city not moving for 15 or more minute you cant call it playing. :D
poot poot poot poot poot... POOTIE!! YOU'VE BEEN POOTED!!!

Monday, October 24th 2016, 10:24pm

i dont mean the ones not moving, just stand for a bit next to the teleporter in these places and watch how many will run through it (obviously not afk)
beside that i think im not the only one letting the char just standing for a while when there calls some task from RL? dinner, bathroom, phonecalls, whatever RL offers in distractions :P

you still dont believe it?
just install some addon to count players automatically, you will see there are LOTS of (active!) players in this game

Monday, October 24th 2016, 11:22pm

Aionwen

Professional

they made classchanges i realy hate but if u are fine withit they also made some nice improvements and the game should feel more comfortable and u have more content.
so just take a look with ur old char and wysiwyg
PLS make Tekians playable race. fix shipcanons!

Tuesday, October 25th 2016, 1:47pm

they made classchanges i realy hate but if u are fine withit they also made some nice improvements and the game should feel more comfortable and u have more content.

I feel exactly the opposite. They have made some nice class changes but they also completely butchered very significant portion of the game's PvE content (astral).

Thursday, October 27th 2016, 9:44am

Well, why don't you make that decision yourself? I will list the changes for you and you judge it yourself.

-CLASSES: Well I am in a love-hate relationship with class changes. They made class resources fun and interactive, removed mana but also gave a more complex and fun resource management. With resource changes the classes feel unique but in personalities they are not. Killing hybrid classes had been done entirely in the wrong way and now no class feels unique in the terms of gameplay at all.

-GLOBAL COOLDOWN: Ok hands down this thing is by far the most stupid change in my and majority of people's opinion. I will give the example I made about this one. A mage can cast Trial of Fire and disorient you for 1,5 seconds. Global cooldown actually lasts longer than that disorientation (2 seconds) so basically every spell feels like either lag or you cast a silence (Helplessness actually) on yourself. And the worst impact it does is the impact made to the DoT classes because you constantly need to renew 2-3 effects if you want to damage people and that takes 4-6 seconds not counting your reaction time. That is why spells like Dark Veil and Healer's Talisman (the dragon tear abilty but correct my if I am wrong) which basically encourages predicting people's death fail to save people even in a healer spec. The only ability viable for successfully predicting death is Divine Foresight and that is because the buff lasts so damm long considering the duration is 15 seconds.

-CLASS BALANCE: Mages and Summoners have been out of order. Summoner is actually dead for a while, Mage got little better, Support mages have been able to weave 1 spell in their Flash Lightning (fire rampage) effect, in the patch before if you cast any spell without the element ''Fire'' you were basically forced to be useless for at least 6 seconds.

-PVE: Ok this have been butchered as Dala said, islands have became boring and obsolete and not really fun in my opinion. Distortions are the same, you cannot just speed things up on those and that is one of the most major problems. But the good thing is you can actually get free mercs after waiting for 5 minutes in the group search so actually you can keep solo and turtle your way to gear because keys are kinda limited. With groups you can successfully manage those resources though.

-PVP: With amalgam prices reduced to nothing in negotiotants, the PvP is kinda dead at the moment. If not, I do not think why people do not join any pvp at the moment. You can call that a good thing considering the situation of current pvp, but this may have been caused by the mini season gear reset, since everybody is busy gearing up.

-GEARING: Ok this have been a little obnoxious since you need special hammers to increase your already limited resources. I will give an example, Skyforge is the second game of Allods Team and there you get a premium with cash shop which makes you reach the weekly limits faster but in here, with cash shop and dominion hammers you can actually expand your limits by %50 (not counting Dominion hammers), you get %50 more resources for doing harder sectors and another %50 from cash shop hammer makes it %225 more progress. With dominion hammers that is even %300 but you do not get a lot of dominion hammers, mind you. So the game punishes you for being solo and free, and punishes you hard for it.

-STATS: Ok stats are the only things that make classes broken. I will give Caution for an example, which can reduce damage taken by up to %50 when your health drops less than %40. They even buffed it so you cannot try to oneshot people when they reach %41-45 health anymore. That is the real reason why Summoners were so immortal in the last patch. Moderators failing to put a hard cap the right stats kills all the gameplay classes can bring which isnt much in the first place. Really though, nerf caution and give classes their survivability back.

-CASH SHOP: Still the same. Takes absurdly long to reach some decency in cash shop, mind you.

-RAIDS: You can solo some low level raids like Gorluxor, Tep and Dead City currently and the other raids after Umoir are solely based to gear so every new raid makes the other raid obsolete. Fractal is useless at the moment, and Winter Palace will be the same in a mattter of time.

-FARMING: Farming is good and well, but really making decent amount of money takes so much time. Speaking from my perspective, I cannot even have extra money for cheap costumes because I can make at least 3 things that is needed before I can get to that. Even if you be stingy about everything, you cannot just feel like ''Oh, I have enough money for now so I can rest.'' because no you cannot.

Friday, October 28th 2016, 12:05am

So the game punishes you for being solo and free, and punishes you hard for it.
which is really a pity as playing solo is harder in general anyway already
there should be at least hard distortions
Caution for an example, which can reduce damage taken by up to %50 when your health drops less than %40
countermeasure for caution is brutality
go 500 brutality + and caution wont matter any longer
Killing hybrid classes had been done entirely in the wrong way and now no class feels unique in the terms of gameplay at all.
exactly
locking rubies to certain aspects made builds monotone and boring in a bad way, its like "oh just take all rubies not locked, end"

Rate this thread