You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, November 29th 2016, 3:51pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

• "Mhuldoon" started this thread

Update 8.0: Immortality

Dear Sarnaut,

An Astral Storm is a very unpleasant occurance. It causes ships to be held up in ports, and businesses such as taverns and inns to stay empty. Still, this magical phenomenon has another peculiarity: during the storm, sailors can see the future in their dreams. Recently, a certain enterprising innkeeper walked the docks and offered free drinks to all travellers willing to share their dreams with the public. That same night, his inn was filled to the rafters with people yearning to share and listen to the stories!

First to speak were three fat Gibberlings who were given a table in the center of the room just for the occasion:

"All three of us have dreamt of the very same thing. It was a strangely beautiful dream about time being a river, and we were floating on a raft. The river was flowing right through the Astral, with no banks and no ends! Eventually, we saw an eddy bubbling there, and from it rose an island that started changing right before our eyes! First it was simply rocks with no life on it, yet by the time we blinked, the island was covered in grass, trees and bushes, with various creatures running around. Cute ones, too.

We then realized that the 'island' was actually an entire Allod, and we were giants in this dream. Once we approached it, we were attacked by flying demons — angry, but small like flies — which we smacked with our hook, of course. The demons seemed drawn to the allod: there were dozens of them among the trees, trying to approach the city, and what a city it was! Beautiful, magnificent, columns, marble stairs everywhere, filled with small people that didn't look like any other people we know. We tried listening in on their conversations, but we didn't know the language — all their words were ending in "-os" or "-us.

"Then we noticed another thing in the center of the city that no words can truly express. It was like a well that gathered light. We couldn't turn our eyes from it... Filled with such power! The last thing we noticed, still staring at the well, was a very peculiar creature living within, basking in the gathered power... And while we were gaping at it, the island began to groooow! It sent waves over the surface of the river, our raft capsized, and we woke up.

That's all we remember. If we see something else, we'll be sure to come back. For now, innkeeper, give us the promised kvass! Who's going to speak next? It's your turn!"

The next to approach the table was a gloomy-looking Orc. It was obvious that he didn't want to share his story, but it was equally as obvious that he needed a drink, thus the new speaker cleared his throat and began in a low voice:

"I dreamt about... A resort? There I am, standing like a goof on the beach, on skis, in a coat and a warm beanie. That wouldn't do, right? I can't be bothered to dive like that, right? So I find where to change, right, take my clothes off right quick, put on my ace speedo's and get out - next thing it's bleeding cold there!

It's winter, right, everything is white! People going around in jackets, making snowmen! And me, I'm a goof again, standing there in my speedo's on the ice, my teeth chattering. And there's a snow castle behind my back — that's where I changed, see. While I was trying to get the hang of what was goin' on, some weird buggers appeared. Looked like elves, too: sticks for arms. Or like sculptures, 'cause they had these grey faces, like... Like made of stone!

So those buggers were flying around on air boards, like, throwin' snowballs at a castle. And at me, too, the bastards! So I started yellin', like, an' goin' after them. Didn't care about having no weapons or armor, too! I'd tear those jerks apart with my own hands. Still, my legs got real numb, like, could hardly move my feet. A step, another one — jus' howlin' with anger, but feet wouldn't move.

I would have probably frozen to death, but here comes this Tekyan fella. Gives me a cuppa, right, and says: "Happy New Year!" he says, "Welcome to the…" - what the heck was it? What All? Bog All? Resort, y'know. Some resort it was, lads!"

The huge Orc growled his last words and crashed his fist on the table so hard, the mugs went flying into the air. This wiped a dozen mocking grins and set a serious mood in the room before the speech of the next dreamer: a neat Xadaganian wearing the stripes of an Imperial major.

"Comrades, I will try to keep it brief. I dreamt that I was leading a squad of green youths. The strongest fighter in the squad was just like me once: just as weak and unhardened, barely received his Motherland's permission to fight in the Holy Land.

My Commissioner gave a decisive order: "You'll have to train them ASAP, so here are all the papers and all the permits you will need — do whatever you need, but get these boys prepared for a real battle. The Empire is in danger!"

So I walk out of the office, open the file heavy with various documents and see that I was given a full carte blanche, with unimaginable permits and royal decrees! I sent my newbies to distortions for some training and in a couple of days we were storming astral islands. We were fully equipped by our Motherland, so the training went as well as it could.

I must say, we have seen some new distortions and islands, too, and those were quite impressive. Soon my men got bored, though. Major, send us to the Arenas — we're dying to give those League bastards a proper beating! Well, that could be arranged! I open my file, take out the permits: Dominion, Witch's Hollow, Deserted Farm, etc. Let's get suited up!

And in the very first battle we met neither elves, nor gibberlings, but some unknown race that looked very much like the creatures from the last story. They attacked in good formation — trained warriors, obviously. Our medics barely managed to resurrect my men. I myself was hit by an artillery shell, lost my conscience, and came to on the deck of my frigate. I barely recognized that it had been just a dream. I regret to have woken up, to be honest."

The last one to occupy the attention of the public was a goblin wearing a shipwright uniform. Despite the soot on his face, this saw and hammer operator had assumed a rather formal air. He elbowed his way through the audience, sat himself on the tabletop and pretended to be extremely astonished at something:

"What are you lot eyeing me for like I owe you something? I haven't decided if I am going to tell you anything or not. Do you know my uncle? He's an esteemed goblin — he's been received by the highest and the mightiest! So should you feel the need to report me, you go ahead, but you'll be making it worse for yourselves.

I'll lift the veil of mystery just a bit. I dreamt I joined a political party and was going for election. Stop that whistling! I remember well that in our beloved Empire, comrade Yasker's word is the law, and comrade Yasker didn't mind. Besides, the people were not choosing a leader or an ideology, but comforts and liberties. If we want more priceless Amalgam, we just have to wish for it. If we want to be more lucky — the same.

Don't ask me how it's possible, I'm no scholar, I am just a regular working man and an intellectual. We all just have to join the party, be active party workers, and, when the time is right, give our votes to the comfort we need most. And that subject also touches upon those aliens the other speakers were so eager to yap about. I am not going to say in which way, though, since this is the area of global politics. You lot are still not in a party, so I am not sure it is right to discuss such things with you."

And this was when the last speaker was brought down in a squall of whistling and roars. "That won't do!", the audience rang, "We want more facts and details!" Fortunately for the sooty faced, yet oddly well dressed goblin, the innkeeper helped ease the atmosphere a bit: "No need to worry, friends! Just come to our inn next week: I will gather all the best prophets in the city for your listening pleasure. If there is anything else to learn about the future, they will certainly tell us!"

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 11:02am

Greetings

quite fast appear first preview of update 8.0, i wonder when update will arrive,1 month,2 months ?

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 5:14pm

It is such a pain that this update is coming so soon. Players have just unlocked the new hard mode raid instance and already the new update is just 2-3 weeks away? There is no point to even gear anymore because the so called 8.0 or 7.3 is a complete gear reset. We will reach about 190k gs at best before this update hits, when RU had 220k, almost fully geared. Moreover there are still plenty of bugs with this update that arent fixed on RU yet, guess we will get those as well!

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 6:03pm

Pochtron

Intermediate

RU had a smile of gods for better rewards in WP to speed up gearing. Its has been denied to us.

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 6:24pm

freestile

Professional

There is no point to even gear anymore because the so called 8.0 or 7.3 is a complete gear reset.

i'd add, there's no point gearing at all... so i don't understand why everyone cry every time we have a pach before than planned, i mean it's temporary so you lose absolutely nothing on the long run; that's why once again : non permanent + time/gold consuming (well less than before 7.0 but still thought) + most importantly not fun to farm ==> useless

i'm pretty excited to see what this patch has to offer so i think it'll be a nice kind of christamss present^^ well the main things that would need to be fix will not get fixed with this patch (gcd, classes..) but can we really be surprised that they don't listen to our feedbacks anyway...

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 10:17pm

There is no point to even gear anymore because the so called 8.0 or 7.3 is a complete gear reset.

i'd add, there's no point gearing at all... so i don't understand why everyone cry every time we have a pach before than planned, i mean it's temporary so you lose absolutely nothing on the long run; that's why once again : non permanent + time/gold consuming (well less than before 7.0 but still thought) + most importantly not fun to farm ==> useless

Gearing used to be fun in the past, because it was difficult and it gave a long-lasting advantage. Some gear levels were completely unattainable without doing difficult content.

They completely ruined gear progress with 7.0. It's a direct consequence of destroying the astral.

There's three major contributors to why astral (and therefore gearing process) is so boring right now:
  • Without the flying part, people visit many more islands in the same amount of time, so they are getting fed up with those islands much faster.
  • With the random debuffs being removed, every run of the same island is EXACTLY the same, again people get bored much faster.
  • With the limited deaths and a possibility of wasting keys being removed, the challenge is completely gone. Even the sectors that are supposed to be hard now, really are not. And even if they were, you could just keep resetting the islands over and over and kill only whatever boss is the easiest.

It's a devastating, cumulative effect of several bad changes applied all at once.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Dala" (Dec 1st 2016, 10:45pm)

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 11:48pm

i have nothing to add here, this is how the things are
only gear if you are aware on the fact your progress will become completely devaluated
ratinally, gearing up beyond the things you get more or less without any effort (=full blue in our case now and later with purple direcdrops) is for these who have everything else and dont mind the lost gold

its mot like this isnt foreseeable so i also dont get why ppl complain here

only time gearing was fun for me was when we had level 60 patch wellebell forlorn thicket etc and the mobs there dropped a s***load of gold so the ones better geared gained more gold and a good farmer had the gold he spent for gearup gained back in short time
warrior and bard in full bloodlust were kings of farming back then
it was the 1st time where i geared up to the absolue maximum as it was enourmously rewarding and ofc pleasent in pvp too

(later they reduced the gold gained massively)

Friday, December 2nd 2016, 9:48am

Pochtron

Intermediate

Yes, we know, now please stop spamming every thread with your opinion about gearing.
Understand many players actually want to gear, no matter how painful it is, to have a sense of progression and achievement in the season/mini-season, as well as to make use of that gear to play endgame content (raids, mos) and pvp.
For us it means reaching a set goal in every patch or mini-season, and do it faster than the others because we like competition. Guilds take pride in being the first ones to kill hard mode bosses, less than it was before because it's not such a long term effort, but they still do. Make the goal impossible to achieve (because lack of materials), or like it happened the last 2 patches, rob players from reaching it by shortening seasons makes them upset. We don't complain because gear will reset, but because we're not allowed to gear as much as we could and see all game content of this patch. It's a frigging pity.

We all know the gear we have will be useless in 1 week after 8.0. And you know what ? We don't care. And we'll do it again in 8.0.
You don't want to gear, fine, ça m'en touche une sans faire bouger l'autre. Leave others who do want to gear alone.

Friday, December 2nd 2016, 1:43pm

Yes, we know, now please stop spamming every thread with your opinion about gearing.
Understand many players actually want to gear, no matter how painful it is, to have a sense of progression and achievement in the season/mini-season, as well as to make use of that gear to play endgame content (raids, mos) and pvp.
For us it means reaching a set goal in every patch or mini-season, and do it faster than the others because we like competition. Guilds take pride in being the first ones to kill hard mode bosses, less than it was before because it's not such a long term effort, but they still do. Make the goal impossible to achieve (because lack of materials), or like it happened the last 2 patches, rob players from reaching it by shortening seasons makes them upset. We don't complain because gear will reset, but because we're not allowed to gear as much as we could and see all game content of this patch. It's a frigging pity.

We all know the gear we have will be useless in 1 week after 8.0. And you know what ? We don't care. And we'll do it again in 8.0.
You don't want to gear, fine, ça m'en touche une sans faire bouger l'autre. Leave others who do want to gear alone.
Well said. Cant believe how easy it is for people to derail topics for their personal views lol. For the past patch as well as this one we havent been able to reach full gear cap, we probably wont see fable weapons in action even, something I was looking forward to.

This idea for us to be the same patch as RU is poorly executed, give us the same patch when we cleared all the content and reach gear cap, dont just drop it on us out of the blue because mods and staff will be leaving for the new projects my.com has to offer, which I feel is the real issue here. I prefer to be behind in a patch just to fully enjoy the content, rather than playing 1 month into every patch and getting bits and pieces.

Tuesday, December 6th 2016, 2:36pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

• "Mhuldoon" started this thread

Hello guys,

It has long been established that we were pushing to become parallel (not necessarily equal) to Russia, and that goal hasn't changed. I'm sure the implications don't sound good to those who wish to sit back and enjoy updates in peace before the next comes around, but it's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation, where looking backward is a lot easier than looking forward at the end of the day.

The saving grace is that we're practically there, so these scenarios will be fewer (or non-existent) pretty soon - and all processes from then on will be a lot easier to streamline for everyone.

In the meantime, I really don't get the assumptions about staff.

Quoted

staff will be leaving for the new projects my.com has to offer
You may be surprised to hear that this has no bearing on the frequency of AO's updates -- at all. Nothing has changed from the plan mentioned over the year(s), nor have the people who have been working on it. In addition, we don't always follow RU to the letter, but in most cases we follow suit (such as the reincarnation jar for 8.0 that RU had -- EU will be getting this as well, for example). We'll be inquiring into the LM side of things along the way, but there will be no guarantees.

Until then, feel free to share and discuss your opinion on the situation, but do try to keep it wholesome.

Regards,
Mhul

Saturday, December 17th 2016, 3:16pm

I have one question,

After reading patch notes for 8.0, i still don't know if we will need to grind gear again?

Saturday, December 17th 2016, 4:18pm

freestile

Professional

I have one question,

After reading patch notes for 8.0, i still don't know if we will need to grind gear again?

yes we will have to farm gear again as at every patch ==> lvl77 gear

Rate this thread