You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, November 30th 2016, 8:40pm

Old player thinking about a return, or well.. atleast can't stop thinking about Allods.

You probably got this alot of times already.. but lets cut to the chase

How is the population on the Sub server? And how is it on the Free one?
And how's end game? I quit when level cap turned 50.

Thankful for answers.

Wednesday, November 30th 2016, 9:09pm

Don't bother returning. If you remember the game from level 50 cap days, it's only turned much, much worse since then.

Astral was severely crippled in 6.0 and then completely butchered with 7.0, the gameplay in both PvE and PvP became slow and clunky thanks to increased global cooldown and the gearing process became tedious. Also your gear gets invalidated much more frequently, greatly diminishing the will to progress.

If that wasn't enough, the future is also very dark, 8.0 doesn't try to solve any of the game's problems, because the developers don't even recognize them as problems.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Dala" (Nov 30th 2016, 9:14pm)

Wednesday, November 30th 2016, 9:59pm

I personally love the way the end game is but I do not like the lack of punishment in astral. The population of Sub server is almost nonexistent but with the new patch coming, most of us on the server are hoping people either return or switch to the subscription server, unfortunately the dev's do not like us as much so we do not get all the costumes and such that free to play receives. The population of free to play is hard to tell on my end because I am in the Eastern Time zone so I would get on when they're logging to sleep. I would say if you were to come back to play on subscription server because there are times when there is a good amount of the population online, and the more people playing the subscription server the better because more content can be done. Right now we have not been able to participate in any skirmish due to the different times people play, but as the population increases, the better off we are as a server, so anything helps.

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 12:25am

suberserver population is very low
free server population feels high (always players around, only in the night pvp does not pop)
game is pretty good but the global cooldown is a real problem

gearing is easy as you get a full blue set now and can participate good with it in pvp so even if you dont gear at all it works well
this way you can also evade the silly softgearresets

some ppl like the fact that there is no more real use for the astralship, others like Dala are unhappy about it
what do you like more? just press ctrl M and start and be on island or do a hard astraltravel to reach it? tastes are different for everyone...
some ppl are happy with the new stats and skills, others are not, some are OK with the new ones but still think it was a bad idea to discard the only skills and mechanics
there have been so many changes, mostly real improvisations

take a look ,its worth for sure
if you stopped at level 50 you will most likely really enjoy it now
( i started when 51 was max and still play without a break, enjoying it every day :love: )

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Dec 1st 2016, 12:33am)

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 2:05pm

If you have a crappy PC, Allods is the game that runs great on low specs and looks great too, so you should play it! If you have a good PC, just forget about Allods. I can't get more honest than this! xD

Ohh and, it depends on how much cash shop you owned when you left. If you have full lvl 7 runes or bigger and patronage lvl 5 and up to epic of other CS items, you should be fine! If not, again, forget about allods!

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 2:29pm

If you have a crappy PC, Allods is the game that runs great on low specs and looks great too, so you should play it! If you have a good PC, just forget about Allods. I can't get more honest than this! xD

Ohh and, it depends on how much cash shop you owned when you left. If you have full lvl 7 runes or bigger and patronage lvl 5 and up to epic of other CS items, you should be fine! If not, again, forget about allods!

its not that drastic lol
first graphics are not everything
second, allods does have very nice graphics
third, allods still requires a strong computer especially if you do larger fights
fourth, you have the chance of winning a level 5 rune every day and same with pat 5 symbols, you get free strongboxes etc

catching up never has been easier

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 3:05pm

that's what I said, it looks great and it runs on most of computers, but come on, you don't need a gtx 1080 to run it. I'm an exchange student in Italy and I only brought my laptop with intel HD 4000 integrated GC, and I can totally play it.
Maybe OP should play Allods and decide for himself. Get to max lvl and start doing endgame content. You will enjoy farming for a month or 2, but eventually you will understand why I don't recomment Allods, it has no soul now, just boring grinding... It happened to most of us

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 3:28pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Hello OP,

We all get that urge to revisit games we used to play. In Allods' case, nothing is stopping you from diving into New Frontier and seeing the changes for yourself without cost or outside influence. If I feel like playing X, I won't wait for encouragement or discouragement, I'll just check it out for myself.

I've always enjoyed Allods and see nothing but 'new stuff' in all the latest changes. If I was playing more often and was focused on a specific content type, maybe then I'd have more specific positive/negative considerations, but for general play, Allods is as good to me as it was six years ago. There's no sense in dissuading people from trying it out as it won't cost you anything but a little time. Consider that and form your own opinion of the game, and either way, enjoy your time here if you decide to play again.

Regards,
Mhul

Friday, December 2nd 2016, 9:28pm

it has no soul now

This is true. Allods lost its soul forever now. I highly doub that developers will remove all this fancy looking, game simplifying, and soul eating gamebreaking things. I hate this "new" gamebreaking marketing strategy.
If I joined the game for the first time now as a newbie, and see all this new fancy content, I would leave immediadly and never come back. Factions atmosphere is gone, battle system is terrible, game turns into some hybrid between japanese anime style (Bayonetta game) and.. leftovers from good old times :(
Marketing reminds me new cod strategy. Its crappy, costs1$ and you get bunch of free fancy stuff right from beginning...becouse nobody wants to play it, and you can buy 100$ skin to feel unique. But guess what, this is not working anymore. Players can recognize this as a very cheap and desperate sign. Good I dont share this heavy gold painted shackles as...somebody might.

#RIP english.

...and after all of this, Iam still waiting, and cannot forget. Allods will have the special place in my hearth.

Monday, December 5th 2016, 9:38am

azalin71

Trainee

Its tragic how discourraged and broken players keep ranting.
Listen to Mhul: give it a try and decide for yourself.
Araanahn - Kanian Crusader - Warsong guild

Monday, December 5th 2016, 9:51pm

Its tragic how discourraged and broken players keep ranting.

It is.

You'd be mad too if the things you loved this game for were slowly eradicated over the years until the game reached a point when there's almost nothing left of those.

Monday, December 5th 2016, 10:07pm

I started playing Allods at the time of OBT, played a bit more than a year, then decided there are better game(s) to play, left AO, spent ~1y playing other games, then returned to AO, played ~1.5y then quit again, played some more cool games, and then decided to give AO another shot this summer.

So far so good.

The only thing I never done myself and couldn't understand why others are doing... is why on Earth would anyone spend the time of their only life mourning on the forum of the MMORPG they don't play/love anymore.

Monday, December 5th 2016, 10:36pm

why on Earth would anyone spend the time of their only life mourning on the forum of the MMORPG they don't play/love anymore.

It's simple. Nothing is there to fill that void. There's nothing to do in that life either for the time being at least.

Also it's not unusual for people to despair when they lose something or someone they love.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Dala" (Dec 5th 2016, 10:47pm)

Tuesday, December 6th 2016, 12:08am

why on Earth would anyone spend the time of their only life mourning on the forum

because they love the game and (desperately) try to do something to enhance their gaming experience
there is no game which can be compared to allods in total

i saw much MMO games and none kept me interested really long, only allods did, for MANY reasons (lootpet, addons, reincarnation, everything free and $ only for timeboost, rules more or less only via gamemechanics - so practically NO rules, automove, adorabe avatars, story, ..........)
no game has all of that

its always a pity when something that works gets removed
things should be added but old things should stay; EXCEPT when the new thing replaces the old one COMPLETELY and without ANY flaws/ is 100% compatible, only in this case its OK to completely replace something
thats for example the reason why many ppl stay with windows xp instead of installing another version or why ppl stay with older versions of their browser and eventually fix things even on their own

in a game like allods where you are dependent to the server however its more difficult (and even if you have the servefiles and can run your own server if you enjoy company of players or want regular contentupdates it wont be the same)

Tuesday, December 6th 2016, 12:19pm

there is no game which can be compared to allods in total

'Could' is the word you probably meant to use, as "in the past". And it's not because other games got better.

Allods just went from very good to very bad in 2 most recent expansions. 5.0 was last one that was still good.