You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, December 5th 2016, 2:28pm

Penance

Beginner

• "Penance" started this thread

To Early patch release 8.0 why ?

I'd love to know why we are getting 8.0 so early, because we barly have 3 x 75 fable 75 items and you guys already announce updates about this
Russians got for a whole month lucky moments that increased double astral loot materials and we get jackshit
i've been playing this game now for little over 5 years and this is the first time you pull most epic retarded move.

i do NOT play this game to grind gear all over again, i play it for end gear pvp which i'm hoping i can keep for at least a month before new
lvl cap hits us.

Do something about this, give us faster gear progression through lucky moments, that is all we ask.

Note: if your intentions are to put us on equal gear speed as the russians you should be little smarter about this, because as it stands right now
you are about to lose old but most of all loyal allods players due to your mistakes and yes this includes me too.

Monday, December 5th 2016, 5:25pm

homerosi

Intermediate

I'm prety sure they lose their 'old and loyal' players every single patch they do
MMOseppe peace out! 8o

Monday, December 5th 2016, 5:54pm

Do something about this, give us faster gear progression through lucky moments, that is all we ask.
That's a valid point, however given they didn't promise anything in this topic, we'll have to deal with early season close. Coz they published 7.0.2 exactly one month after they announced it, so even if they enable any LM now, we won't have this "at least one month" of PvP at gear cap, since 8.0 has already been announced last week.

Monday, December 5th 2016, 6:27pm

i do NOT play this game to grind gear all over again, i play it for end gear pvp which i'm hoping i can keep for at least a month before new
and then you gonna start to grind all over anyway, when 8.0 is up.
I'd love to know why we are getting 8.0 so early, because we barly have 3 x 75 fable 75 items and you guys already announce updates about this
becouse devs do not consider autism while releasing a new update.

Monday, December 5th 2016, 6:39pm

Pochtron

Intermediate

That's a valid point, however given they didn't promise anything in this topic, we'll have to deal with early season close. Coz they published 7.0.2 exactly one month after they announced it, so even if they enable any LM now, we won't have this "at least one month" of PvP at gear cap, since 8.0 has already been announced last week.

I don't think they even understood how important this LM was since they compared it to other events or normal LM, when in fact it was required for players to be able to play the 7.02 content fully.

Monday, December 5th 2016, 8:36pm

Penance

Beginner

• "Penance" started this thread

yeah well .. i will be very disappointed if they don't do anything about this.

Monday, December 5th 2016, 9:49pm

.... and we're not even talking about p2p server where i think, noone even opened leggy sector....

Avo

Tuesday, December 6th 2016, 12:38am

It was practically the same as 7.0/7.1 etc and i reckon the same for further patches, we won't even be able to gear as much as the russians as they have more people as-well and the patches last longer giving them a chance to max their gear out.

The gearing system may work for the russians but for us we need something different maybe like the 6.0 version of gearing and upgrading.

Tuesday, December 6th 2016, 10:09am

freestile

Professional

sorry if this post looks like a troll (cause it's not!) and if it annoys some of you, but i really don't get why all of you are pissed of by the fact we dan't have enought time to reach max gear. i'd really appreciate some serious and constructives answers to this question because really, i have no clue why it seems so important to you guys.

Some of you may have noticed that i quite hate the gearing system, and this for 2 main reasons : 1 it's a temporary boost, 2 it's not fun (at least for me) to farm and is used to hide a lack of content.

From my understanding, guys like you who care a lot about this gearing process are interested in it because of the competition side of the game. And this is the point from which i don't follow you anymore. Because to me, you don't need to have max gear to enjoy this competition, you just need (well, with skill and cs, good team mate etc.) BETTER gear than others. For exemple : dominions (just get better gear and you'll have an advantage), MOS (again you'll be more likely to surivive longer than others, no need to get max gear just better than others.... it's a ranking in the end so it doesn't matter right?), raids (you didn't have time to kill every boss in hard mode.... well why do you care, you can still have the server first in 8.0 anyway...). Am i misssing something? Certainly, otherwise i guess i would understand what frustrated you so much.

So yeah, pls explain to me why does this annoy you, thx ;)

Tuesday, December 6th 2016, 10:48am

i really don't get why all of you are pissed of by the fact we dan't have enought time to reach max gear

Some of you may have noticed that i quite hate the gearing system, and this for 2 main reasons : 1 it's a temporary boost, 2 it's not fun (at least for me) to farm and is used to hide a lack of content.
I'd say that not many like the process of gearing up, but everyone like the result (having best gear that is). And here comes the difference between those who struggled through the boredom of repeating the same astral allods over and over again to achieve the result and those who gave up and slacked around. Early patch devalues this difference.

raids (you didn't have time to kill every boss in hard mode.... well why do you care, you can still have the server first in 8.0 anyway...)
lol it's if you finally get to have a sex with some young and hot movie star and in the middle of coitus she forces you to pull out and says: "why do you care, you can cum with some cheap whore anyway"

Tuesday, December 6th 2016, 1:22pm

freestile

Professional

lol it's if you finally get to have a sex with some young and hot movie star and in the middle of coitus she forces you to pull out and says: "why do you care, you can cum with some cheap whore anyway"

well 1st : gross! like, srly there are others websites available to write things like than you know...
2nd : bad comparison, i don't even understand what you mean

hopefully someone else will give me more constructive explaination

Tuesday, December 6th 2016, 1:39pm

Yes you have a point freestile but alot of us do gear up for battleground as it is the only thing that seems to be fun (Unless people do Astral hunts again as that used to be fun) when everyone has same level runes and patron 5 it is gear and skill that gives us the edge and so that's why we want the better gear for that advantage over others.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "vampyrvenom" (Dec 6th 2016, 1:45pm)

Tuesday, December 6th 2016, 1:54pm

There is literally like 99% players who didnt even had a single fabled item. I hope we all can at least agree with, that this temporary-best-gear-of-current-version gearing system is CRAP.

Tuesday, December 6th 2016, 4:26pm

more gear = more stats = more possibilitys i guess? i mean fables give you the ability to reach cool values like 2 sek cap on willpower and so on and this makes pvp way more fun^^ also this patch gearing is actually pretty easy^^ a "hardmode" island takes 8-10 min and you have around 1,5 islands per day which doesnt take long but you save time on other stuff you wanna do later on

also with highgear you can take on harder content like for example hardmode raid in bog will be intresting and defenetly feel good when we beat it

Tuesday, December 6th 2016, 5:55pm

Pochtron

Intermediate

raids (you didn't have time to kill every boss in hard mode.... well why do you care, you can still have the server first in 8.0 anyway...)

I vote this as best answer, because it's exactly like this.

It's the same difference between IF and WHEN : you can hook up a hot movie star, IF you're handsome/funny/rich/sexy/all-of the above enough. It's not given to everyone. But you can pay for a cheap girl on the street, WHEN you want, you only need a bit of money. And it's even worse if you started going out with the hot one (but didn't get laid yet), and some random guy pops out and says "show's over, cya next time", and all that's left is pocketchange for a brothel.

In plain words : being the first to clear a hard mode raid in the current patch content - when it's the hardest - is really rewarding, and requires time and effort not only on personal level, but also on a guild level. Doing it the next patch with +5lvl and +5gearlevel, when all the other ones clear it also and it's only a matter of who's going to enter first removes a lot of the thrill. Even worse when you only started to work on the hard mode bosses but did not break them yet, and season ends before you complete it.

Same goes if you enjoy pvp with full endgame stuff : you can pull stunts you'd never been able to before because you had not enough stat points, vigor/stam, resists, or special skills like legendary might. It's like blowing empty bottles with an airgun replica vs the real thing : the bottle dies the same, but the feeling is way different.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Pochtron" (Dec 6th 2016, 6:00pm)

Tuesday, December 6th 2016, 7:05pm

freestile

Professional

In plain words : being the first to clear a hard mode raid in the current patch content - when it's the hardest - is really rewarding, and requires time and effort not only on personal level, but also on a guild level. Doing it the next patch with +5lvl and +5gearlevel, when all the other ones clear it also and it's only a matter of who's going to enter first removes a lot of the thrill. Even worse when you only started to work on the hard mode bosses but did not break them yet, and season ends before you complete it.

Same goes if you enjoy pvp with full endgame stuff : you can pull stunts you'd never been able to before because you had not enough stat points, vigor/stam, resists, or special skills like legendary might. It's like blowing empty bottles with an airgun replica vs the real thing : the bottle dies the same, but the feeling is way different.

ok thx for this explanation that i can completely understand :)
Actually, what makes me hesitate to join a big (top 5-10) guild for a long time is that fact that i could have a chance to participate to a server first or at least killing hardmode bosses during their season of releasing; hl raids are really something i'm much interested in so yeah, i can definitely understand your frustration.
I'd thought tell you that since 7.0, this frustration should be (to me at least) lowered by the fact there are no draconic gear to get anymore. to me, removing draconics was, one of the many big mistakes of 7.0, it added a small but permanent boost to your char and was a great motivation to gear up (+ before it gave awesom weapons skins but well, they've decided to make us pay for it, aka holly weapons x_x). On top of that, as there are no draconics anymore, it means that raids become useless after their patch of releasing because for most players, going throught a whole raid that still take some time only for one person to get a color pattern and a costume isn't a sufficient motivation. So yeas, now everyone can participate to raids thx to easy mode (what isn't even a really good point imo, i prefered when everything was hard and it was kind of a reward on it's own just to actually see a new boss; not just something you farm like anything else for your gear race... :thumbdown: )

To try to sum up : i understand your frustration regarding raids BUT to me this frustration is soooo lowered by 7.0 raid system that it doesn't matter that much in the end. But it's my pov once again.

Regarding the pvp side, i also agree to say that, ofc, having the good stats makes you enjoy more pvp.

So; it looks like we all enjoy the advantages that gives you a good set of gear, but the thing that makes me strongly unhappy about this gear system, sorry to repeat that again but it's the core of the issue imo : gear is too long (i know, it's way faster than before 7.0 but still wayyyy too long thought imo) and most importantly, absolutely not fun at all to farm.

My solution to that, and that's why i'm talking a lot about that on this forum (some will say spam, but that's not mean to annoy you) would be to simply boycott the gear system to force devs to change it completely (you can laught if you want^^) in order to make it much quicker and much funnier.

And the thing that this solution will never work is, that simply, there are to many people like you, willing to go throught this gear system (even thought you may not all appreciated it) just to get these advantages at the end of the patch.
So you'll certainly tell me : "ok freestile you came up yourself to this conclusion so pls stop spamming about that", and i'll tell you guys that we're all posting things on this forum even if we all know evs don't give a fuck... ;)

Tuesday, December 6th 2016, 8:06pm

My solution to that would be to simply boycott the gear system to force devs to change it completely (you can laught if you want^^) in order to make it much quicker and much funnier.

And the thing that this solution will never work is, that simply, there are to many people like you, willing to go throught this gear system (even thought you may not all appreciated it) just to get these advantages at the end of the patch.
Allods Online is about seasons for quite long already (if not since the beginning). So whether or not the gearing is fun, its boosts will always be temporary. And it's actually what ppl love about this game (among other things): you start fresh and have a chance to win the race.

Whether to participate or not in this race is up to you. But boycotting it basically means quitting. And that's not necessarily a bad thing, coz there are lots of cool games out there and not all are season-based like AO.

Now if to speak about the fun part in gearing. There used to be astral keys that were consumed when you entered an allod and you could roll some extremely hard buff so sometimes it meant leaving the allod with no loot at all, and the key wasted. But that was really fun, because it was challenging. I think they decided to change that system because not many players were good enough to handle it. Current system is boring, but it allows everyone to keep up no matter how skillful/dedicated/cash-boosted they are.

So there has to be some balance in the gearing system between challenging, fun, accessible and inclusive. And if it's not enough it has to remain season-based, coz it's how AO always worked.

Current system isn't perfect and its main flaw is not that it's boring IMO (coz if it's not boring it's challenging so not accessible and not inclusive), but that it requires 100% raid attendance, which isn't always easy not even because ppl have IRL stuff to attend to, but also that the raid is for 12 ppl and with few ppl less it might not be doable while with few ppl more some will be left overboard.

Tuesday, December 6th 2016, 10:51pm

freestile

Professional

Current system isn't perfect and its main flaw is not that it's boring IMO (coz if it's not boring it's challenging so not accessible and not inclusive)

i could have make others comments about others things in your post but i'm tired for now so i'll just g on with this one that looks more important to me.
To me, a challenging and as a consequence, not so easily accessible and inclusive mmo is a good thing, simply because i consider this type of game as being elitist (or at least a good mmo should be elitist to me), which isn't a bad word but that most of the new players nowadays seem to want everything to be accessible easily, so devs just adapt their games to this new market. And that's what happens to allods since a few months/years althought i can't see new players that would justify it...

Well i could speack about all that and much more for hours but i'm getting too tired to write interesting things so i'll see that later, anyway thw for your post dear user_1129018
even if we disagree on certain points at least you wrote an interesting post like i'd like to see more about these kinds of subjects ;)

Friday, December 9th 2016, 4:03am

Only hope they are doing it is because they are planning to merge our server with one of the RU servers.
Otherwise the patches before we can finish gearing and enjoying it for little while is fucking BS.

Friday, December 9th 2016, 8:00am

That would be a pretty interesting thing if they did Vash, but it might ruin a few things for us and them.