You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, December 8th 2016, 8:42pm

Let's cut to the chase

Interested in coming back on the f2p server - how much is it going to cost me to be competitive? (Break down of items needed would be nice, if someone has the time - I forget what items I have on my old character, so assuming I start from scratch when 8.0 is released) How's the activity, which side is better, classes, etc etc - the same typical questions people ask. Researched a little on these forums but they don't seem to be very active, but my main question I'd like answered is about the $$.

Thanks.

Friday, December 9th 2016, 8:17am

Competitive you need a lot money so unless you have tons of cash that you can spend dont even bother it. Activity is low but enough to play bgs etc... There is no better side empire actually there is exp bonus. Classes its up to you just log the game and see which class is the most common.
poot poot poot poot poot... POOTIE!! YOU'VE BEEN POOTED!!!

Friday, December 9th 2016, 7:08pm

I don't mind spending the money - I'm just wondering what a rough estimate might be and which items are worth investing in

Friday, December 9th 2016, 8:37pm

do you mean you want to catch up 5 years of itemshop instantly? then buy once there is a discount, you will save a LOT
if you ask because you dont care for the costs but just want to know, take a look here, its a bit outdated but total value should be around that: https://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pa…&threadID=10858

top-items are sold between 15k and 24k normally but price fluctuates, ive even seen ppl selling for 5k and sold for 30k so eventhough not common its happening some times

i would want level 7/8 runes and basically the purple item of everything while you can neglect rubypages or additional talentpoints - they dont really matter in the end
combatmount is helpful but not necessary, the viverne will also carry you fast to the enemy

but its a hard question on what do you want... you want to be around TOP, high, normal, (casual or rookie) level?
my experience was that with "everything purple" you are really well placed, so one you have up to date gear then you can become MVP in battleground for sure
i have no interest or experience in dominion fights, only regular battlegrounds

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Dec 9th 2016, 8:42pm)

Friday, December 9th 2016, 8:42pm

if you aren't greedy and hungry for power, and if you spend your $$ wisely and if you buy only during crystal bonus events, a few hundreds will be all that you need. And in my opinion you should upgrade runes (lvl 7 or 8 max, for me, runes bigger than lvl 8 are a waste of money and time) , get patronage lvl 5, a little bag upgrade and mount and the basic other CS items ( addit. stats, rubies, talents...).

BUUUT! There are some CS items on the way...In the RU version, by paying 1000 Crystals every month you get full lvl 8 runes and up to epic items like talents, rubies, stats... you will have to pay every month to get them, as they will reset in 30 days and when they dissappear they will give you fragments, and after a few months you'll be able to get the actual items by combining the fragments. The same system goes for the lvl 8 runes.

Now, I don't think that My.com will implement the items with the same price, the bundle will probably be 2000 or more expensive for us...

Soo in the end, as a casual player, I will suggest you to buy the mount, bigger bag and patronage lvl 5. All these should be around 100 - 120 euros and then buy the bundle that I talked about every month(10-30 euros every month). So the total price will depend on how many months you will actually play...

If you are one of those salty players who want to win every fight by clicking 1 button, prepare for paying 1000 or even more.

Saturday, December 10th 2016, 2:16am

Patronage 5 is must and i would get 9 runes if i were you. Also bag and mount (fast/good one)
poot poot poot poot poot... POOTIE!! YOU'VE BEEN POOTED!!!

Saturday, December 10th 2016, 2:46am

Aionwen

Professional

how much is it going to cost me to be competitive?

Competitive you need a lot money

and time to get all stuff, esp. if u wanna save money by cashing only at bonusevents.
as for the rough estimate, just diy by considering the following, EACH important thing costs up to 100€ (roughly estimated) if u wanna have the superduperultimatecompetitiveversion, and there is some stuff, some more intresting than other eg. carnifex, mage emblem, battlesuite, mount, rubiescrolls, conclave, pat5, runes (counts multiple times) above eg. dragontear, talentsrcoll, earringslot, statpoints.. but dont go for the big bag its to expensive...

How's the activity, which side is better, classes

server is "underpopulated" but in generel that will not affect u (me) to do what u want, for regular raidcontent u need a guild doin this. but more important at this point, server is international now and depending on ur country and servertime u may have problems with timed events and playeramount so better ask for this seperately again.

fraction depends on style? or what class and race u wanna play coz most races cannot play all classes. impside has expbonus but that didnt matter at maxlvl, ligeside shall have the better maincity.

all classes are changed since last patch and have aspects now: support, dd, tank, heal, supression
psio - very nice damage or cc
pala - very nice aoe, nice damage, very tanky, makes his own battlearena on the battlefield
ranger - nice aoe/nice singledps or tanky
summi - tanky/nice damage/very nice heal or support
warrior - tanky too, nice damage, has his swirling saison
engi - nice dps, very nice support, nastybastardteleport-tricks, drops a giant robofriend
druid - best heal atm, i thought palas would be annoying to figth gainst but there are druids ..
healer - for killin someone and end battle with full HP or heal
mage - aoe strikes like a meteor/meteoric catastrophe, very nice damage
barde - very nice support or damage
PLS make Tekians playable race. fix shipcanons!

Saturday, December 10th 2016, 5:20am

but its a hard question on what do you want... you want to be around TOP, high, normal, (casual or rookie) level?
my experience was that with "everything purple" you are really well placed, so one you have up to date gear then you can become MVP in battleground for sure
i have no interest or experience in dominion fights, only regular battlegrounds
Competitive to the point where I'm not being smashed, but I also have an advantage over others - a middle ground to start off, if you will.
Zitat von »Ginko«

Competitive you need a lot money

and time to get all stuff, esp. if u wanna save money by cashing only at bonusevents.
as for the rough estimate, just diy by considering the following, EACH important thing costs up to 100€ (roughly estimated) if u wanna have the superduperultimatecompetitiveversion, and there is some stuff, some more intresting than other eg. carnifex, mage emblem, battlesuite, mount, rubiescrolls, conclave, pat5, runes (counts multiple times) above eg. dragontear, talentsrcoll, earringslot, statpoints.. but dont go for the big bag its to expensive...

---
server is "underpopulated" but in generel that will not affect u (me) to do what u want, for regular raidcontent u need a guild doin this. but more important at this point, server is international now and depending on ur country and servertime u may have problems with timed events and playeramount so better ask for this seperately again.

Does the game still have faction transfers, or has that been removed completely? I recently logged onto my old account and it seems that I have 8s on runes, pat5, legend bag, and legend trinket to start out (On empire, leveling a new psi reinc if anyone has any current leveling/endgame builds, as the forums seem extremely outdated). What's a "good" mount? The mounts in the cash shop panel only seem to go by a % rather than a yds measurement which doesn't seem very helpful to compare to what I already have.

With the 30% bonus top up right now (by spending 100 or more) I'd like to take advantage of that while it lasts - How do you obtain the new battlesuit/armor? I see a skin for it, but there doesn't seem to be much information on it besides that. And how about the weapon stats/appearances? Anything else I should take into consideration?

Saturday, December 10th 2016, 5:21am

Patronage 5 is must and i would get 9 runes if i were you. Also bag and mount (fast/good one)
Any currently working rune calcs? And mount suggestions?

Saturday, December 10th 2016, 8:19am

Pochtron

Intermediate

Or you can just go for the easy way and buy an account, then add the missing things you may need over time by looking out for bargains and sales. That's what many returning players do, and it's cheaper than CSing everything from the start, especially if you don't aim for an account with full 13's and all whislte & bells.

As for the armor, it's a strongbox thing (inventor if i'm not mistaken) so you need to wawit for the next one. You can get a temp one for a week from the daily rewards though.

Saturday, December 10th 2016, 9:05am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

And mount suggestions?
The fastest Lightning Bolt combat mount rank 7 is about 170% (?), if I remember correctly and has top speed around 17.85 yd/s. But you can't get that from Item Shop. From Item Shop mounts I'd either buy Viverne or Pegasus as they both have a "leap" skill - instantly flies forward: Viverne 70 yards and Pegasus 80 yards (has longer cooldown) and Pegasus have a small healing skill.

Or you could try out your luck with Prophetic Cards as they are still available and get some of the 4 mounts. They are all updated into faster rank 6 mounts which gives them updated 160% speed, in other words at level 11 the mount will go around 16.90 yd/s. The old rank 6 mounts are slightly slower... like 0.40 yd/s slower at same level.

OR you could wait the patch 8 (coming this month or early January) and the new collector editions (if you don't mind spending money) and get the new hover board mount. If we get the more expensive version of it, it will be a new combat mount and as fast as Lightning Bolt is. However, that will be expensive - roughly 150€. The cheaper hover board however is a regular mount with 160% speed.

Take a look at this link to compare mount info done by me - http://aosanctuary.jimdo.com/guide-index/mounts/
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gwiniel" (Dec 10th 2016, 9:13am)

Saturday, December 10th 2016, 3:38pm

depents on class i guess for example as a healer or tank you dont need carnifex but as a dps class its dreamy^^

as for needed items get everything up to 3 lvl thats usually pretty cheap and a good start
for runes well in the top5 grps on the server some ppl have 8-9 runes so you dont need 13 to be competive

for mount you dont need the amor i mean its nice to have but the impact on the fight is not so extrem as we only have the tier 1 amor yet but i would go for a fast normal mount in general i think you can get a decent mount (160%) from cs for 15 euro or something so thats enough to move but if you see a chance try to buy a battlemount (Wraith or Lightning) from auction house its probably gonna cost you around 200 euro only for the mount but those mounts have rrly cool abilitys, way more life than normal ones and teleportskills which makes them hella faster than their speedvalue lets you think (also developers said there will be no new battlemounts in the future which makes them even better cuz you can use em forever...if you wanna believe developers at least^^)

Saturday, December 10th 2016, 4:12pm

OR you could wait the patch 8 (coming this month or early January) and the new collector editions (if you don't mind spending money) and get the new hover board mount. If we get the more expensive version of it, it will be a new combat mount and as fast as Lightning Bolt is. However, that will be expensive - roughly 150€. The cheaper hover board however is a regular mount with 160% speed.

Take a look at this link to compare mount info done by me - http://aosanctuary.jimdo.com/guide-index/mounts/
Thanks for the great information - with all the new stuff coming out in 8.0, is it worth the time to level and attempt to gear up now, or will that all change?

(also developers said there will be no new battlemounts in the future which makes them even better cuz you can use em forever...if you wanna believe developers at least)
Good to know - but they always seem to change their minds, so I'm not gonna keep it to em.
Or you can just go for the easy way and buy an account, then add the missing things you may need over time by looking out for bargains and sales. That's what many returning players do, and it's cheaper than CSing everything from the start, especially if you don't aim for an account with full 13's and all whislte & bells.

As for the armor, it's a strongbox thing (inventor if i'm not mistaken) so you need to wawit for the next one. You can get a temp one for a week from the daily rewards though.
Buying an account seems ballsy, wouldn't be opposed I suppose.

As for the strongbox, is there a certain cycle that they seem to keep? (Always comes back once a month, season, etc?)

Saturday, December 10th 2016, 7:29pm

.... but buying accounts is not permitted, and can cause an obvious ban from game.

Avo.

Saturday, December 10th 2016, 10:36pm

with all the new stuff coming out in 8.0, is it worth the time to level.

If you intend to play in 8.0 - yes it's worth it to level to 70 now.

and attempt to gear up now

Definitely not.

Saturday, December 10th 2016, 10:48pm

.... but buying accounts is not permitted, and can cause an obvious ban from game.

Avo.
That's why they banned all those sold accounts! ..O wait...

Saturday, December 10th 2016, 10:51pm

Here's a great cash shop guide made by IAmGroot.

Don't mind the gold price there, gold is devaluing from one big update to another, but $$ price stays pretty much the same. Cut it two times if you aim to buy stuff during sales only.

also developers said there will be no new battlemounts in the future which makes them even better cuz you can use em forever...if you wanna believe developers at least^^
Developers said there won't be any strongbox sales for combat mounts anymore. They also said that mounts like Wraith or Lightning will remain actual for quite long. With 8.0 they introduce this hoverboard battle mount which is basically the same Lightning but without a passenger option. So they'll keep adding battlemounts, they just won't boost em too much with every new release. And yes, it's cheaper to buy a combat mount using a coupon you get with big Collector's Edition. This way Lightning costs 90EUR (additionally to what you have to pay for collector's edition package) and new Hoverboard should cost ~60EUR.

Sunday, December 11th 2016, 9:30pm

Here's a great cash shop guide made by IAmGroot.

Don't mind the gold price there, gold is devaluing from one big update to another, but $$ price stays pretty much the same. Cut it two times if you aim to buy stuff during sales only.

also developers said there will be no new battlemounts in the future which makes them even better cuz you can use em forever...if you wanna believe developers at least^^
Developers said there won't be any strongbox sales for combat mounts anymore. They also said that mounts like Wraith or Lightning will remain actual for quite long. With 8.0 they introduce this hoverboard battle mount which is basically the same Lightning but without a passenger option. So they'll keep adding battlemounts, they just won't boost em too much with every new release. And yes, it's cheaper to buy a combat mount using a coupon you get with big Collector's Edition. This way Lightning costs 90EUR (additionally to what you have to pay for collector's edition package) and new Hoverboard should cost ~60EUR.
Just what I was looking for, thanks!
--

And good to know about all the other information posted in the thread, thanks for the input guys.

Monday, December 12th 2016, 2:30pm

rozetri

Intermediate

Out of curiosity, what's your player name? Groot's list is fairly accurate as far as the value of certain things, though it is missing a few even higher rank and more expensive items, plus the costs of things have changed drastically since then. But yeah, I would level to 70 and complete your quests up until you reach a raid quest, then proceed to the next set of quests. Do note that you can use mystery seal shards for all WM rubies without completing the WMs and raid quests, EXCEPT for the rubies from the Ferris and Dane (6.0 and 7.0) era raids. Getting the Dane era ruby requires finishing the Ferris raid quests and the Ferris era ruby is not from completing a WM, but instead from an item dropped at the final boss. The Ferris raid final boss (Locus) is a gigantic pain in the butt due to instakill mechanics from an obstacle course before you even reach the boss, who furthermore requires at least 8 of your 12 raid members to reach him before you can even begin to fight him.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Monday, December 12th 2016, 3:14pm

IAmGroot

Professional

The gem shard ratio on my list is REALLY BADLY outdated (in terms of the ratio, not necessarily the content).
It's missing a few items, which I'm sure someone can help you out with.
I haven't been playing much so I couldn't help update that list properly anymore. Sorry!