You are not logged in.

Wednesday, January 11th 2017, 12:14pm

Engi Dps build

A fairly good dps build for engi may need revising but for now it performs well enough:
http://pts.allodswiki.ru/calc/#!10!333.3…KYWU!ewesxd/LHY
*my bad old link was missing the 6 rubys, didnt check link after posting it derrp xD*
If you have more rubys get those swiftness rubys

Secondary Offensive stats on gear should be Physical Damage where possible then if not Deter->Prof
Defensives the usual a mix between concentration and bloodlust, where neither are present then survivability.

Im not gunna go through the rotation but anyone can learn how to play the class by just playing it, good advice would be making sure your using the 3 turrets off cooldown light/medical/wormhole, using grenades off cd and using the world mystery dmg buff and racial healing inject +power buff all in one when they come off cooldown.

The general idea is using grapeshot-frag bomb burst of mana into toxic shot grenade, triple grapeshot ->blowdown then just get the feel of it knowing when to volleys.
clip of how much dps this build does with those op tear abilities <p2p>
https://clips.twitch.tv/superwizx/WittyFlamingo4Head

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Superwiz" (Jan 12th 2017, 6:10pm)

Thursday, January 12th 2017, 12:05pm

sweet line up ill set this up tomorrow

Thursday, January 12th 2017, 4:34pm

https://clips.twitch.tv/superwizx/WittyFlamingo4Head
some ridic 5.5mil+ dps without support, tear abilities on this class need nerfing for sure. Bearing in mind this is p2p.

Thursday, January 12th 2017, 4:48pm

rozetri

Intermediate

You'll do better damage if you use Blowdown at cold temps rather than hot ones if you're stacking phys damage. Blowdown deals acid damage with a hot reactor and physical with a cold one. I would also say the swiftness and vigor rubies are absolutely critical to any Engineer build, but I have to confess that without a ton of bonus rubies from the CS/other options, it's really hard to grab everything a DPS Engie needs. Support Engies need many fewer rubies to grab everything important to their DPS, to the point you might actually do better DPS that route with what you have available. Still, not a bad outline of some of the super important stuff for a proper DPSer. I've been running with something along the lines of this when I get the opportunity to actually DPS. Even this is missing some stuff that could be deemed important, like having a purify on Medical Emergency, the two other vit rubies, Steel Trap for more device explosions, and the third device ruby. But the very max right now is 48+26, so you can't get everything.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Thursday, January 12th 2017, 4:53pm

that makes sense why theres a second acid blowdown on dps meter, could never find the ruby where that was from xD but yeh tooltip error typical hahahha

changed the link in opening post, was missing those 6 rubys

Thursday, January 12th 2017, 5:01pm

after accidentally discovering something the swiftness rubys are actually a massive dps loss, but i'll keep that to myself for now :P

Thursday, January 12th 2017, 6:23pm

rozetri

Intermediate

after accidentally discovering something the swiftness rubys are actually a massive dps loss, but i'll keep that to myself for now :P
No need to keep it to yourself, I'm curious how exactly you mean and what situation you were in. Being able to use Mana Burst more often is generally never a DPS loss unless you're able to use it more often than you actually can due to global or casting other skills in your standard rotation. Even then, swiftness as high as 500 should be good for your DPS so you can toss grenades and turrets more often. I'm always interested in seeing what other people are doing, though.

Thursday, January 12th 2017, 10:36pm

aite well i'll let the cat out the bag, basically if you wanna make some top trial scores to do max dps you should have 0 swiftness with 1 item with crit chance everything else should have either deter or phys dmg this way when you use the tear ability turret, the treachery buff gives you crit, when combined with the other tear ability, dps skyrockets

Friday, January 13th 2017, 3:14pm

rozetri

Intermediate

Well, I could see that being potentially viable as a burst DPS build, but what does your DPS look like over a few minutes? At 500 crit chance, after which the derived crit chance starts dropping in efficiency, you'll have a 50% chance of doing 50% more damage. In other words, a 25% boost to your DPS. That is pretty big, but after the turret goes down, you'll lose 350 crit chance in Assault aspect. Thus I'm curious what kind of damage you do over an extended period of time, such as a regular boss fight. Honestly what I think concerns me more is this means you'll be getting buffed with Treachery, rather than Temporal. Solo and for a burst build, Treachery is definitely the better option, but my experiences with Temporal in a group have been that you see roughly a 20-30% boost in overall party DPS, just because global cooldown drops from 1.5s to 1.0s. Cramming more attacks into the same period of time is a pretty huge deal.

I'll admit, though, I have yet to make any attempts at the Order trials. I don't know what kind of build works best for that.

Friday, January 13th 2017, 3:37pm

yeh agree temporal is better for sure in group play, for order trials having treachery buff crit is a huge deal, especially on p2p altho i'd guess it would be the same for f2p too since the concept is the same, do as much dmg in short amount of time