You are not logged in.

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 9:42pm

Goblinball

Suggestions to make goblinball fair to all and less annoying:

1. (crucial fix) add GLOBAL CD on all skills in Goblinball 1,5 sec - so people with better PING do not have unbeatable advantage over people with worse PING
2. (quality of life fix) when score difference is greated than 5 goals difference (or add your own number) end match instantly, there is no point of people AFK 10 minutes on field until match finishes normally

Please, suggestion number 1 is a must. Playing goblinball now is totally retarded, whoever has better ping wins.

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 9:53pm

People with better ping atm: can shoot ball instant after they have recieved it VS people with worse ping who need to wait 1 sec+ to shoot the ball after they have recieved it

If ball is out of play, and 2 or more people stand on ball to get it after CD, person with best ping will always get the ball

People with better ping always slow people with worse ping easyer

Opening circle is much faster with better ping

Thats only few issues, this basically make people with worse ping not even have point to play most of the time. OR play only to lose which is not fun at all.

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 10:06pm

The global cd already exists in goblinball just hidden and that's why it seems you have delay between skills sometimes. But ping and performance problems are very annoying there. Before 7.0 you could play normally anytime, but now who has a bad pc, everything seems laggy. Even with good pc you have performance problem in GB. There are not these problems in BGs. I don't know what is this.

The 2nd suggestion is great idea, i support it too.
Vitalij - New Frontier

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 10:39pm

freestile

Professional

suggestion 1 : no no and nooo, the GCD is already horrible out of gb so don't put it here too -_-

suggestion 2 : why not, even if you can just leave and retry on another reinca when you have a bad team...

to me the 2 only things gb needs are :
-to be less laggy (because yes, instead of adapting to the bad condition of playing just make the devs change gb in order to get back the pre-7.0 gb)
-change the goal's line hitbox like it was before 6.1, it was much more fun!

Sunday, July 10th 2016, 3:34am

I know players with good ping do not want global CD introduced because they would lose laughable ridiculous advantage they have now.

But GLOBAL COOLDOWN of 1,5sec NEEDS to be added to all skills in GB.

Some players need 2 sec to pass the ball, or to open circle, while some players pass the ball instantly and run around with it so fast that its ridiculous.

Try playing vs someone who runs across field WITH ball never even stoping for a milisecond because he passes ball instantly as he gets it pushing it forward, while you on other had get the ball, get stuck in place 2 seconds and then can push ball forward.

Try playing vs someone who opens his circle instant, while your spam your circle button and it wont open for 2 secs, making it useless.

GB with difference such as this between players is pure bullshit, I'm sorry to say it.

ADD global cool down to all skills in GB 1,5 sec.

Yes all those players who have advantage just because of geographical location will say no no, don't do this, we want to continues having free wins.
Your choice is do you care to make goblinball fair for all players or you want to keep half of players discriminated to to place of residence (and therefore ping)?
Normal class skills have GCD to counter PING issues, so WHY goblin ball DOESN'T?

Sunday, July 10th 2016, 9:36am

freestile

Professional

it depends on the game but i also have a lot of laggs pretty often in gb but even thought i don't want of your GCD

as i said it, it's dev's responsability to give us a game that doesn't lag (too much) they've already completely destroyed the classes gameplays (with aspects and GCD) so pls let gb about of that.

Your suggestion to me is a bit like : 'gb is shit right now because of lags and bad pings, then we should use perfume not to smell it", while i tell you "just clean the shit...works fine too"

Sunday, July 10th 2016, 10:08am

Erwyn

Trainee

Where do you live in the world that you have bad ping? Burkina Faso?
/edit by Fayne: Please follow the Signatur Rules

Monday, July 11th 2016, 3:22pm

GB does not have that gamebreaking GC??? i think i will start playing it...
its really a bad idea to ruin this minigame by adding a GC :thumbdown:
if some have a good ping and others do not its not a good idea to lower the level by adding an artificial handicap to those with better connection, srsly, wtf??
if someone suffers from this its HIS task to fix the problem
cleaning up the shit is preferable to perfuming it any day... good comparison.... :thumbup:

Wednesday, July 13th 2016, 5:14pm

if some have a good ping and others do not its not a good idea to lower the level by adding an artificial handicap to those with better connection, srsly, wtf??
if someone suffers from this its HIS task to fix the problem
Yes I know kids who can't play preffer to have advantage of their good ping.

You can't fix the problem on your side if GB server is in fking Russia and north part of Europe is geographicaly closer to it than south part of europe. Go goggle about ping a little bit then comment your "smart" words.

Wednesday, July 13th 2016, 7:55pm

my dear i played enough shooters with over 200 ping myself vs 30 pingers&better and still won, your argument is invalid
especially for a TCP-based game which require FAR lesser reactiontimes...

Saturday, July 16th 2016, 9:23pm

Did you play GB novadays? There are a lot of lagger, at least you see them lagging, but i think they are not all lagging, just have better ping and they can move faster place to place. Because for example you press shot in one direction, there is noone, but suddenly one player appears and blocks your shot like he was there, but you saw him far away. And sometimes there is a delay on skills, you press shot, block or sprint and activate only 2-3 sec after even if you didn't use skills before.
I think there is also a global cd on skills in GB now, because if you press block, or shot, you can use sprint only after 1-2 sec all the time even if you don't have lag, no exception.
I have a good PC and a good internet connection, and i live in middle of Europe, green ping all the time, everywhere. When i am in GB i have a feeling i am playing on another game server. Before 7.0 there were not such problems. Something changed, but i don't know what should i do. I can't change my ping, in astrals, BGs and anywhere i have no problems with ping, and never have lag, but in GB it is horrible, and you can't enjoy this minigame in these circumstances.
Vitalij - New Frontier

Saturday, July 16th 2016, 9:44pm

freestile

Professional

Did you play GB novadays? There are a lot of lagger, at least you see them lagging, but i think they are not all lagging, just have better ping and they can move faster place to place. Because for example you press shot in one direction, there is noone, but suddenly one player appears and blocks your shot like he was there, but you saw him far away. And sometimes there is a delay on skills, you press shot, block or sprint and activate only 2-3 sec after even if you didn't use skills before.
I think there is also a global cd on skills in GB now, because if you press block, or shot, you can use sprint only after 1-2 sec all the time even if you don't have lag, no exception.
I have a good PC and a good internet connection, and i live in middle of Europe, green ping all the time, everywhere. When i am in GB i have a feeling i am playing on another game server. Before 7.0 there were not such problems. Something changed, but i don't know what should i do. I can't change my ping, in astrals, BGs and anywhere i have no problems with ping, and never have lag, but in GB it is horrible, and you can't enjoy this minigame in these circumstances.

well summed up, this is exactly how gb is since 7.0 sadly ;(

Thursday, July 21st 2016, 1:40am

It's because game server is in Europe, but Goblinball server is in Russia.

(We had Goblinball server in Europe before, now we don't that's why people think pre 6.0 GB had better ping due to different mechanics. It's not because of mechanics, but because we had Goblinball server in Europe, and now we don't.)

People on North part of Europe are geographically a lot closer to Russia than people in south of Europe, and thus have A LOT better Goblinball ping than people on South of Europe.

So the Goblinball advantage for them is huge.

As far as I know My.com doesn't have any official staff working in EU. We just have few volunteer mods.

I doubt any my.com official reads EU player suggestions here (mods do read this but that does not count because they are not GMs or devs and they can't do anything concerning game changes ).

My.com changes the game based on Russian player preferences
and after they just send to us Europeans whatever Russians got.

Russian players don't have Goblinball issues due to GB server being in Russia so they are not bothered with European players Goblinball problems.

This all being said, I doub't we will see EU Goblinball problems resolved.

Getting a new Goblinball server located somewhere in middle Europe would fix our issues, but I doubt this will happen.

This is why I suggested adding global CD to everything (even passing the ball after you receive it) it would at least remove Northern Europen player advantage over south European players (or anyone with worse ping for that matter).

People who respond to my suggestion saying that is not fix to main problem need to understand we are not getting a new Goblinball server in Europe, so main problem will not get fixed. This is why total Global CD is the only intermediate solution that would remove enormous advantage some of players have due to their ping.

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Gothica" (Jul 21st 2016, 1:57am)

Friday, January 20th 2017, 8:12pm

Goblinball is a serious BS -- fix it or turn it off

People with better ping win. Period.

I live in central Europe and have decent internet connection but still I can't compete with people who have better ping.

- I open blocking circle, they pass ball directly through my circle.
- I come to the ball first, 3 seconds before anyone else, I cant pick it up i wait on it, someone else comes 3 sec after me and picks it up instant and takes it.
- I get the ball and can't shoot it (or pass forward) for the next 1-2 seconds. People pick the ball up and shoot instant.
- I click to open circle and it takes a while until it opens up, while people with better ping open it up instantly.
- Ball is going through my position where i stand, i try to open circle to intercept and I can't, my circle doesn't work when ball is going towards me. I see other people open up circle no problem and intercept the ball in similar situation.

Goblin ball in it's current state is serious BS.

Either ADD GLOBAL COOLDOWN to everything or turn this mini game off! Currently it just rewards (and is fun) for people who have low ping.

(Yes kids with close to 0 ping will now come and respond with.. "oh don't take this "easy win" fun away from us, we like to think we are good at something, GCD will ruin it (for them ofc., no more easy win, they would need to play fair and on equal footing with everyone else." Well, it's not fun for the rest of us.)

Other skirmishes and everything else in this game has GCD, so why doesn't Goblin ball?!

--- Please support, forward this to developers, don't just ignore it. ---

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "Gothica" (Jan 20th 2017, 8:23pm)

Friday, January 20th 2017, 9:42pm

freestile

Professional

is it me or you've already done a very similar thread a few months ago?

same answers then :

-it's allod's fault not to provide a good server so you can play normally, no need to rage on the others players

-there is a gcd in gb already (pretty sure about that), + gcd isn't and will NEVER be a good idea in an mmo, cause... gcd... just no

-so yes, you have a bad ig experience in gb, dev's don't give a fuck; sry to say but it seems that you can't do anything to change that, just look at all the posts regarding the performance/lags issue and it's pretty clear that they wont change a thing or at least they're really slow to fix things...

Saturday, January 21st 2017, 11:00pm

1. is it me or you've already done a very similar thread a few months ago?

2. it's allod's fault not to provide a good server so you can play normally, no need to rage on the others players

3. there is a gcd in gb already (pretty sure about that), + gcd isn't and will NEVER be a good idea in an mmo, cause... gcd... just no

4. so yes, you have a bad ig experience in gb, dev's don't give a fuck; sry to say but it seems that you can't do anything to change that, just look at all the posts regarding the performance/lags issue and it's pretty clear that they wont change a thing or at least they're really slow to fix things...
1. yes, it was broken before, and it is still broken

2. I'm not raging on other players, I'm sending a massage (again) to Allods team that their mini game sucks in it's current state

3. No there isn't or some people couldn't use their skills instantly (there is CD on some skills but no GCD on all actions) -- also GCD exists in most MMOs, it also exists in Allods EVERYWHERE besides in Goblin ball

4. Yes I do, and not only me. Maybe devs don't care and will not change it but this doesn't mean i have to stay silent about it. If everyone is silent about problems, then why would they change anything?

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 5:53pm

People forget that they MUST have a nice ping to play a game.

I am giving example with LoL. If you have ping at the start of the game (the most crucial part) you basically lost your lane. That is the same with all games. You want to win? Check your ping. No one has to suffer a handicap just because some people have worse computers.

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 6:02pm