You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, January 23rd 2017, 10:38am

Quinz

Intermediate

• "Quinz" started this thread

The game is too difficult... I'm struggling.

I've really tried to get back into this game. I like the game and I have many good memories from it. However, I'm currently having a hard time leveling up. I'm stuck at level 66 and currently questing in Vicinity of Shore City. The mobs are just way too powerful for me.

I'm playing Summoner, a dps/heal spec with the Support Aspect. I might've chosen a spec better suited for PvP, but I believe it's still a good spec which should be able to give me a decent sustainability with self heals and good dps in PvE as well. However, the problem is that my pet (Lurker, since I need the blood generation) can't keep aggro and my Summy dies in like 5 hits from pretty much any mob around my level.

And it doesn't really make it easier for me that they're giving me like 1-2 quests at a time which I will need to finish in order to progress, and they are not always very easy. For example for one quest I had to kill three Elite Nyx Guards, and they kill me in like 3-4 hits.

I've never had any problems leveling up or killing off enemies around my own level before 8.0 patch. So I'm guessing this could be due to any of the following reasons:
1. They made Summoner weaker, or they tweaked the damage of mobs.
or
2. My gear is so outdated that I'm just way too weak (I have gear still from the Glyph-era and I've noticed that any Common quest gear I get right now is a lot better).

Now I want to ask, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can tackle this problem? I just want to advance to max level so I can get into the fun again, find a guild to hang out with, do my daily quests and dungeons, jump into skirmishes etc. But with this pace (dying every 10 minutes) I won't get anywhere.

And before you start blaming my build or skills, please know that I've been playing Summoner in Allods since the beta, and even though the skills and abilities have changed a lot since then, especially in 8.0, I've been learning about the new changes in every patch and I've been able to make a decent build every time because I still have knowledge about how the class works in general. And even though I probably didn't choose the best leveling build this time, I mean come on, it shouldn't be this difficult leveling up in a game, no matter what build you're using...

I'm also no newbie when it comes to MMORPG's in general. I've played many of them through the years and I've never encountered this kind of problem before where I just can't advance because the game is too difficult.

Some additional info about my char:
Runes are 777/665
Patronage 4
I have a bunch of cash shop items like additional earring slot, rubies, talents etc. as well.

-Peace
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Monday, January 23rd 2017, 11:25am

dragagon

Unregistered

my advice

I rushed every levelling aspect of the game on every class with no problem, til I started with my summoner :D I never expected questing to be this hard, so i feel what you mean.
Make sure your gear is up to date. try Time Voids (ctrl+m > dungeons) that keeps your gear up to date (just weps are enough). Thing I discovered with summoner is that it is very hard to play if you do not have CRITICAL CHANCE gear. which is end-game stuff. Til then it's teeth biting and holding onto it. Considering guilds, you're welcome in Dubstep Dragons. I'd also suggest you to go assault spec because I don't see the point in going multi for questing but as I mentioned. no crit chance = hard gameplay.
~Dragagon

Monday, January 23rd 2017, 12:22pm

Quinz

Intermediate

I rushed every levelling aspect of the game on every class with no problem, til I started with my summoner :D I never expected questing to be this hard, so i feel what you mean.
Make sure your gear is up to date. try Time Voids (ctrl+m > dungeons) that keeps your gear up to date (just weps are enough). Thing I discovered with summoner is that it is very hard to play if you do not have CRITICAL CHANCE gear. which is end-game stuff. Til then it's teeth biting and holding onto it. Considering guilds, you're welcome in Dubstep Dragons. I'd also suggest you to go assault spec because I don't see the point in going multi for questing but as I mentioned. no crit chance = hard gameplay.
~Dragagon
Thanks for the tips Draga! I'll definitely try out the Time Voids dungeon.

Thanks for the invite to the guild as well! I don't know if you remember me but I was actually in Dubstep Dragons for quite a while back in its early days :) I had a really good time with you guys and it would be awesome to join up with you again. I have currently joined up with OjSpyddeVisst in his guild, since he asked me if I wanted to join while leveling up. I told him though that I will probably join one of the old school guilds again once I reach max level. I will let you know when I'm there (if I ever manage to get there) ;)
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Monday, January 23rd 2017, 3:27pm

Quinz

Intermediate

I've done some Time Void runs and received some rare chests with better gear, wohoo!
However, apparently I don't get a rare chest every time... sometimes I only get common chests and from those I only get gold because my gear is apparently good enough...

Is it random when you get a rare chest and not? Or do you have to finish the whole thing within a certain time or something? I never failed any of the three trials btw, so I've always gotten full loot.
-Dale Carnegie

-Bernard M. Baruch

Monday, January 23rd 2017, 4:55pm

is random i think

have you critchance rubies in 2nd grid? always take them

most likely,
you maybe would have been happier playing in aussaultmode (+30% dmg!) and with hellion (lurker not able to hold aggro at all!)
hellion also does a LOT of dmg

some mobs in dane are strong
i also experinced this area as harder than other areas in the game (except dragon ring back 4 years ago when i was a rookie)

Monday, January 23rd 2017, 7:14pm

I would call summoner an endgame class. Leveling can be hard because summy really depends on crit chance (you need around 500 - soft cap there) to play summy smoothly.

My.com really didn't design leveling summy well, this is a real issue.

Of course better gear helps. Best gear you can get (currently) in lvl 51-69 explored astral through dungeon finder, BUT you need full human party for this. 6 people ranging from lvl 51-69 MUST BE 1 tank, 1 heal, 4 DPS, only then you can go.

But if you have such party leveling is easy and fast, mobs give no exp, but bosses drops lots of exp scrolls and epic and legendary gear for your current level.

Of course don't forget to do all WM and important quest regardless if you level through astral or no. You still need rubies you get through WM chains.

SUPPORT summy also depends on having many rubies and only becomes viable at higher levels, you need rubies that make your rituals cheaper, rubies that decrease your damage received, reduce damage mobs do, and increase your damage, rubies that give you free instant spell casts etc etc. Leveling as support is not easy.

Enjoyment of summy changes at max level though when you have appropriate gear with lots of crit chance (you do not need crit damage, only crit chancey ou need). and with all rubies you need for your build.

Support summy is also pure PvP spec, because all the support buffs and debuffs do not work on astral and raid bosses, and most of elites. So support summy is not something you use in PvE.

That's it in a nutshell. So basically get yourself better gear, and try to do some explored astral and Myst lands to heal you level up easyer.
Endure leveling stage, it really is not easy to level as summy, compared to other classes.

Unrelated: If you are interested in other people opinions on what class is nice to level (maybe as next reinc), my advice would be a Psi. :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gothica" (Jan 23rd 2017, 7:21pm)

Monday, January 23rd 2017, 7:46pm

Quinz

Intermediate

Thanks for the tips and info! Much appreciated.

I have followed Draga's advice and running Time Void to get full rare gear set. I'm soon done, it's quite easy and fast. I hope this will be enough for me to manage leveling, at least it should make some difference. I rather not run astral at this level since it's very time consuming and the gear will not last for long anyway.
-Dale Carnegie

-Bernard M. Baruch

Monday, January 23rd 2017, 8:31pm

Thanks for the tips and info! Much appreciated.

I have followed Draga's advice and running Time Void to get full rare gear set. I'm soon done, it's quite easy and fast. I hope this will be enough for me to manage leveling, at least it should make some difference. I rather not run astral at this level since it's very time consuming and the gear will not last for long anyway.
Oh this is not classic astral, these are extremely fast runs killing low level mobs. Its very fast, faster even then time void.

The only restriction is you can not join solo, you must have full human party before you actually join. But once you have party it's super fast.
But, yes, only up to lvl 69 and you will soon be there.

Wednesday, January 25th 2017, 2:42am

dragagon

Unregistered

good ol' friend

Knew I saw that name from somewhere but then I thought from another game weekly dev talks (silly me) but ok, nice ur back ;D you're in good hands with vist, we often talk and run ez sectors together , we'll meet up ingame soon enf :)

Rate this thread