You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 12:27pm

Is there a hope for fixed translation?

The English translation right now is just... too unfinished. Some of it is completely gamebreaking. I mean the class rubies for example. They are in such a bad state, that I think everyone should be given temporary Vial of Death until they are fixed. Stat rubies for all classes refer to stats that don't exist anymore, descriptions of skill rubies are missing (I am looking at Verdict). To make a good build now one has to know Russian, go play the Russian version from 1 to 60, make their efficient build there and then bring it here.

Then there is crap like the demon hunters selling 400 battleground emblems for 7 AS particles. Yeah, no... it is 400 signs of victory, which is 80 battleground emblems. The English translation lacks any and all context. It feels like it was done using a translator, not like there was a person who read the original text, understood the context of the whole thing and did their best to bring the wonderful world of Russian folklore mixed with fantasy and sci-fi to the English speaking world. It's not one or two things, it is the whole game. It did not use to be like that when we had the NA translation. #missshockpix

Then you have placeholders in Irdrich. IRDRICH! Content from one year ago has placeholders in it.

The state of the English language in the game right now is such that it will turn away anyone who tries to read the quests. These people are more than most think.

So the question is - is there a hope that the game will be written in good English some day?
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 1:19pm

They will no doubt improve the translation issues once the fallout from the transfers is complete.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 2:07pm

Oracle

Intermediate

Dhamp, these problems have been running since long before the transfers :( The English translation has just been getting worse and worse too.
Biromir, I'm currently translating a correct English talent calculator. I'm working with Zurion to make it, and it should be available soon :) Hopefully that will help a lot of players.

Unfortunately, these errors do make a big difference to the quality of the game. People don't even know what all their talents and rubies do, there are silly errors such as "Read team" instead of "Red team", bad grammar and spelling, or things just translated entirely wrong altogether. I can understand the placeholders as the translation team has been so rushed, but that is no excuse for the quality of the translations that they've already done :/

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 2:09pm

but that is no excuse for the quality of the translations that they've already done :/

Is the same translation team responsible as for the previous localizations?

The differences between EU and US clients would suggest otherwise.

It's not fair to blame the current team for the mistakes of the past teams. And yes, the past teams were... less than stellar.

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 2:15pm

Oracle

Intermediate

Well, the current translations around Umoir (done by the new team I presume) are just as bad, and of a similar quality to the previous, so I would assume it's the same team :S I know that the NA had a GM in the past who went through their translation and improved it. But Pio said they couldn't keep it because they needed to keep continuity with the current translation team, which is why we have the sub standard translation :(

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 2:32pm

I would assume that current new translations were done by the old Gpotato EU team, since 5.0 was deployed at the same time as the publisher change happened. It is the time when my.com got a hold of the game, which was in Gpot EU hands before that. The NA translation of the game was always stellar. We did not know what placeholders were until the translation was replaced with the EU one. Now there are quest descriptions as "123" in Irdrich, which weren't there in the NA version.

Here is my suggestion - find the old NA translation, apply it to the Allods client and update and change it where necessary. Otherwise, someone has to go through all the English version of the game and fix everything. I am really hoping that mail.ru will hold this version of the game to the same level of polish as the Russian version and in due time we will have an English version that is pleasure to read once again.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 2:33pm

The problem is, with a piecemeal translation, you wind up with inconsistencies, like Biromir described, where the same item is translated in different ways, leading to multiple items being translated to the same thing.

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 2:56pm

Biromir, I'm currently translating a correct English talent calculator. I'm working with Zurion to make it, and it should be available soon :) Hopefully that will help a lot of players.

I forgot this when I was writing the previous reply. :S It is amazing that you're doing this! It will definitely help the many players who cannot understand Russian or decipher messed up google translates! So keep up the great work! :love:

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 3:05pm

Oracle

Intermediate

I forgot this when I was writing the previous reply. It is amazing that you're doing this! It will definitely help the many players who cannot understand Russian or decipher messed up google translates! So keep up the great work!

Thanks ^^ And Zurion deserves some thanks too :) It wouldn't be possible without him.

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 4:19pm

I haven't met anyone in the game who doesn't think Zurion is awesome ^_^

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 10:39pm

Has the text been updated yet to reflect proper passive function's in ruby grid's, and skill's or do we still need to test everything before we can play it?

Wednesday, April 16th 2014, 8:53am

Has the text been updated yet to reflect proper passive function's in ruby grid's, and skill's or do we still need to test everything before we can play it?

As far as I know, it hasn't been updated it. As Oracle mentioned, we're working on an english calculator, with correct descriptions, but it's not going as fast as I would like. Going through all the skils and talents of all the classes takes longer than expected. But it will be finished soon.

Just to add to what has been said before, I think the current translation is a bit worse than the one we had pre-5.0, the EU one. And I also think that the new localisation team is different from the Gpotato/Webzen one. And I also think (wow, I think a lot these days) that at least a part of the new team did not play Allods before.

Wednesday, April 16th 2014, 9:46am

As far as I know, it hasn't been updated it. As Oracle mentioned, we're working on an english calculator, with correct descriptions, but it's not going as fast as I would like. Going through all the skils and talents of all the classes takes longer than expected. But it will be finished soon.

Just to add to what has been said before, I think the current translation is a bit worse than the one we had pre-5.0, the EU one. And I also think that the new localisation team is different from the Gpotato/Webzen one. And I also think (wow, I think a lot these days) that at least a part of the new team did not play Allods before.

Make sure to have the Allod's Team code the link to the calculator so when the new player open's the tree's they will have use of the tool you are working on also. If you wanted me to feel bad for the new player you win, I do.

Thursday, April 17th 2014, 3:34pm

And again missing ruby translations (atleast on pally). I don't think we will eveer get them.

Thursday, April 17th 2014, 4:23pm

Xaraman

Trainee

It may be 5.0.1 before we get a more complete localisation. Think about it, considering they're working to localise it for us anyway, it makes sense to drop the losses on this patch and work to get 5.0.1 out quicker.

Cheers!

Thursday, April 17th 2014, 4:25pm

The Loca team IS working on it.
there is a LOT to localise, its not just 1 or 2 small changes here or there, to my knowledge they are going through EVERYTHING.
The fact there are localisation fixes added with each patch shows they are working on it, for all 4 languages should I add.

As Zurion said, I believe the Loca team to be fairly new, with the previous translations being made by the gPotato / Webzen team, so of course there will be some bedding in period.

The vast majority of complaints I receive are just "loca sucks.. fix it" or are so general it could be anywhere in the loca files.
http://support.my.com/games/kbPage/18/
There is a Localisation section on the support page, for the more urgent issues please use that.
While I push what I can I rarely have the precise information to give them. Using that ticket tool will be directly forwarded to the Loca team (if it does not go to them directly..) instead of having to go through 2 or 3 hands before it gets there.
The Sky Is Not The Limit, It Is Only The Genesis Of Dreams.
General InGame Rules|| Account Ownership Rules || Forum Code Of Conduct|| Signature Rules

Thursday, April 17th 2014, 5:45pm

So shall the spam begin. Just reported the remaining issues I see on pally and summoner.

Thursday, April 17th 2014, 11:22pm

The Loca team IS working on it.
there is a LOT to localise, its not just 1 or 2 small changes here or there, to my knowledge they are going through EVERYTHING.

Does this mean screwed up class names are going to be fixed too? and Hadagan?

Thursday, April 17th 2014, 11:45pm

Hadagan should be right. Atleast thats the correct transkription according to google translate. It was wrong with the old translation.

http://translate.google.de/#ru/en/%D0%A5…%B3%D0%B0%D0%BD

Friday, April 18th 2014, 10:02am

please keep your posting to useful, on topic posting in serious sections like this.
keep the spam to the off topic section.
-Wraith

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wraith02" (Apr 18th 2014, 12:28pm)