You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, January 29th 2017, 4:08pm

Melee Scout?!

Will Melee Scout in PvP ever be viable again?
Asking around among the max levels as of right now, the melee scout is obviously not viable in endgame PvP, and not only is it not viable, it's shit.
Why is this? Why is it not viable? What's the point of having the opportunity playing as a Scout, being able to choose between Melee and Range, when the "rogue" type isn't even playable endgame. :thumbdown:

Wednesday, February 1st 2017, 3:12pm

rozetri

Intermediate

Well it is your tank spec. If you use it with that in mind, you may be able to have some success, rather than as one for primarily killing people. It's still iffy, though, and I'm not entirely sure why RU keeps wanting to make scouts into tanks.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Wednesday, February 1st 2017, 4:35pm

tanks can kill but they are not "killers" like supportpsi, assaultscout and supportmage
however from warrior paladin and scout, scou is the worst for sure

have you tried the combinaton of fire arrow / dodge + then posion + aoe knifes attack? ( i dont know the english names :( )
this works pretty well, i leveled a bit wth this and it worked in PVP too

Thursday, February 2nd 2017, 10:56am

Melee scout is now available as a tank.

With the right stats and right rotations good tank scout won't be dropped below 70% hp with decent healer and would be even easier with support bard/engi with acceleration

Tank scout has kinda hard time managing barriers but has lots of dodge from 60%-100% so that fixes the problem cause u dodge most of the time if u know what your doing

Wednesday, February 15th 2017, 12:16am

managing barriers bu
Melee scout is now available as a tank.

With the right stats and right rotations good tank scout won't be dropped below 70% hp with decent healer and would be even easier with support bard/engi with acceleration

Tank scout has kinda hard time managing barriers but has lots of dodge from 60%-100% so that fixes the problem cause u dodge most of the time if u know what your doing
Yes you can, but the healer will whisper for me to switch to tank, because this scout is hard to heal.( Maze)

In S6 at trash mobs got wiped 3x and then I switched to tank for boss, if the scout is wiped 3x at the trash...Something wasn't working at him and was better geared then me. Maybe was a fail I don't know. When I tryied to tank I saw the CD for steel rose is huge, so I should change the whole gear set to get Switfness and I didn't wanted.

Better let a tank with shield and plate to tank, then you with 2h or offhands ( doesn't add def stats now) and leather.
Always need to use the smoke, but,.. not always can. You take to much dmg at a point and the healer is a slacker :)

Thursday, February 16th 2017, 4:04pm

Well i'm sorry for that healer that he had to heal some noob scout that didn't know how to tank,if u know how to tank with scout it's easy like with warrior and paladin.

I'm sorry for your bad experience with noob scout players that don't know how to tank

Cd of Steel rose doesn't matter at all

So practically being scout tank or warrior/paladin tank is the same if u know how to do it ^^

Thursday, February 16th 2017, 5:02pm

Nandita

Intermediate

When I hear Melee Scout dodges everything

Thursday, February 16th 2017, 5:22pm

Friday, February 17th 2017, 11:26am

Melee scout currently requires Aspect of Defense to make the most of it. Which makes him tank.

Scout tank isn't viable in pvp. Not comparing to other classes/aspects. Maybe if they remove the lower boundary for the damage that goes to battle wounds it will change. But if not then just don't consider doing pvp as tank.

In PvE scout is the best tank because it's versatile with the same talent/stats build. I.e. you can go full defense on some hard-hitting bosses or change rotation for more dps on the bosses that hit not that hard. Warrior requires different stat/gear specs for that and most likely won't match scout's dps still. Pala's dps in tank spec is a joke in any case, but palas can tank some bosses in Aspect of Assault though. But that requires a lot from that pala in terms of gear/C$/playing skill.

And as any other tank scout doesn't need a healer in astral/maze, having one however would improve the dps as you could ease your battle wounds handling and use the gear resource for higher dps.

Oh and that doesn't change the fact the vast majority of players, especially the ones you'd recruit for your group in zone/world chat don't understand the mechanics of the class they play hence the crappy tanks that require healers, crappy healers that can't heal up the tank and crappy dpses that do less damage than mercs.