You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, January 31st 2017, 2:02pm

runeskins & shields / offhands

is it an error that shields and offhands are not affected by the glowing / shining / burning / light skins that runes cause?

if its not an error, why is it this way? there are offensive and defensive runes so it would be logical the shields / offhands would also be affected (and also the special weapons, the instrument of the bard and the cannon of the engineer)

its not a real issue but i still wonder about this; the 180d weaponskins also affect these things, dont they?

also a question to the veterans even older than me...
in the past, it was that you could insert runes into weapons... could you insert them into shields and armor too? or ONLY weapons?

Tuesday, January 31st 2017, 2:21pm

rozetri

Intermediate

It's not an error, they're simply not considered important enough anymore to be given altered appearances. In the old day, rune level DID affect the appearance of at least shields, with higher rankings giving a more impressive look, but it was not a dramatic change like what weapons got. I think they only did that for GT and maybe DC, before deciding it wasn't worth the time. Lutes and cannons have never been affected by rune level because they're not considered to be your "weapon." They are what you use to attack with, technically, but the rune level only works on your actual equipped weapon. Holy weapons do affect lutes and cannons, though, as well as of course shields and off-hands.

As for your question regarding runes, certain equipment pieces were granted the ability to have runes placed in them, with the rune counting as offensive or defensive based on which item you placed the rune in. I believe the specific bits of gear were your melee weapon, ranged weapon, helmet, chestpiece, pants, and shirt. Someone else can correct me if they remember more accurately which parts were given rune slots. It was a huge pain with melee weapons after Gipat, though, because switching between tank and 2H setups meant you had to remove your rune from one weapon to put it into another. Using the basic rune pick had a good chance of destroying the rune outright, so you had to use CS ones with varying levels of success at removal. Then at one point you didn't even get rune slots by default, you had to use engraving kits to put a rune slot into the gear piece that had the capability of accepting one.

A lot of people profited HUGELY from engraving kits, though, in that they knew there was going to be an exchange program for them. So they bought out tons of kits for MUCH less than the cost of crystal chips, then exchanged them for disgusting amounts of chips when that patch came. Gpotato should have removed them from the store entirely when the patch notes on RU were announced, but instead not only kept them in, but put a dramatic sale on them as well. A fair number of the people you see running around with sickening rune levels got a big boost from that particular debacle. And yes, I am salty that I wasn't smart enough to do the same.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Tuesday, January 31st 2017, 3:12pm

I remember shoulder being one, but that's about it... I can look through my old screenshots and see if I have any showing runes.

Tuesday, January 31st 2017, 4:08pm

ty for the responss, i appreciate it
and yes i would love to see old screenshots from this time! :)

i can totally understand that missing the opportunity to gain so many chap crystalshards is somehting to be "salty" about
- imagine my "saltyness" when i realizsed i started this game 2 years too late :D (i missed the exchangerate 1:1, i missed the opportunity you mentioned, i missed asee teph mass PVP, i missed old wandering fever....)

Tuesday, January 31st 2017, 6:13pm

rozetri

Intermediate

I remember shoulder being one, but that's about it... I can look through my old screenshots and see if I have any showing runes.
It was probably shoulder rather than ranged weapon. I think shoulder, helm, melee were offensive, with chest, pants, and shirt being defensive.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Thursday, February 2nd 2017, 4:16pm

freestile

Professional

I'm also super annoyed by a few more things :

- the shield isn't visible when wearing wings (just why??)

- the wand isn't visible when wearing a 1h and off hand weapon (once again why?)

- weapons aren't visible when wearing the 1st armor shell (well i don't have one but thought i find it stupid)

- + th fact that since 7.0, classes can use weapons that don't suit them at all and this ruins a part of the role play (like mage using paired swords wtf... + again it then hide the wand even thought it's mage main weapon x_x)

- bard and engi still don't have their special weapon visible when not in combat (to me they shouldn't use a wand but their own weapon, this would make more sence)

Many people would think these are details (along with some more things regarding the character overall aspect that i'm asking for for ages), but this + that + that... is in the end very annoying because so many things could be improved just by adding a few options (just like the already existing "show armor shell or not" or "show capes" for eg