You are not logged in.

Wednesday, March 19th 2014, 3:28pm

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Here's an allods fanart I did for a competition on the Russian forums. It is based on Frank Frazetta's famous Damage Dealer cover, which naturally was used as a reference. I'm not sure if it ever was shared outside RU, so I am sharing it.

Damage Dealer
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Wednesday, March 19th 2014, 3:33pm

The Frazetta's original 1973 painting is actually called "Death Dealer". Here is it:

Damage Dealer is definitely a very clever name for a MMO art.

Wednesday, March 19th 2014, 3:37pm

The Frazetta's original 1973 picture is actually called "Death Dealer".
My refusal to proof read what I typed bites me once again. :D Yeah, it is Death Dealer. Russians refer to dps's classes as dd (which I think is for damage dealer, but I'm not sure, they use cyrillic (дд)) and that is where I got the idea to use Frazetta's painting for a fanart.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Wednesday, March 19th 2014, 3:40pm

IAmGroot

Professional

I've never heard, on the NA server, anyone refer to anything as DD other than Double Damage (battle frenzy skill for warrior).

Wednesday, March 19th 2014, 3:43pm

I've never heard, on the NA server, anyone refer to anything as DD other than Double Damage (battle frenzy skill for warrior).

On RU battle frenzy is ББ (BB) from it's name: Боевое Безумие.

Wednesday, March 19th 2014, 3:58pm

On RU battle frenzy is ББ (BB) from it's name: Боевое Безумие.
Today, BB was put to death, though. The skill, along with Engineer's Озверин got changed and renamed today. So no more ББ. :(

Wednesday, March 19th 2014, 4:02pm

Today, BB was put to death, though. The skill, along with Engineer's Озверин got changed and renamed today. So no more ББ. :(
I bet the Russian people I played with (on the EU p2p) are going to continue to call it BB.

Edit: Just read the notes and they actually changed the mechanics, not only the name. =(

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dala" (Mar 19th 2014, 4:07pm)

Wednesday, March 19th 2014, 4:12pm

Wabi

Trainee

My refusal to proof read what I typed bites me once again. :D Yeah, it is Death Dealer. Russians refer to dps's classes as dd (which I think is for damage dealer, but I'm not sure, they use cyrillic (дд)) and that is where I got the idea to use Frazetta's painting for a fanart.

Yep, NA and EU use DD too ^^ DD = Damage Dealer
We use dps most of the time teppisch, idk where you've been living oO

Nice art though!

Thursday, March 20th 2014, 10:52am

Heyy, it's great to see your art up here again, I hope you will keep posting :)

(and I hope they make something like a main gallery on the website tho since they promised >> )

Wednesday, March 26th 2014, 3:57am

Mapz

Trainee

Yep, NA and EU use DD too ^^ DD = Damage Dealer
EU never used DD. We used DPS. Germany and France idk, but EU server NEVER used to call a damage dealer DD. EVER.

Wednesday, March 26th 2014, 7:58am

DD is generally used in older games, or those that have dedicated support roles.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Wednesday, March 26th 2014, 8:33am

Tirofijo

Trainee

Nice piece of work. Thx for psting the original too. :)
Tirofijo, Scout
Incarnations:
Ingenieur, Engineer
Stanislawic
, Paladin (Full Tank)
Almarice, Priest (Full Healer)
Evocatus, Summoner
Dvalinn, Warrior
Psiofour, Psionic

Wednesday, March 26th 2014, 10:58pm

Nebe

Trainee

if u askin me term "dd" dont have anything with eu and usa or ru , thats old school term for dps now as dhamp said...am playin on eu and am using "dd" term for dps often but i see that many ppl confused when i say "lf dd" .... :D
Nebeski - P2P - F2P

Sunday, March 30th 2014, 1:22pm

Never heard DD on eu either xD
I

Rate this thread