You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 1:54pm

Quinz

Intermediate

• "Quinz" started this thread

Does our suggestions make any difference?

I'm just thinking, isn't our version of the game just a plain copy of the Russian version? Do our version differ at all in terms of content and design?

If this is the case, it means our suggestions would have to be noticed by my.com, forwarded to the EU/NA Allods dev team, then forwarded to the Russian dev team, then reviewed and compared to feedback from the Russian players, and then finally implemented to the game if it seems like a reasonable change for both Russian and EU/NA version?

It would take years before suggestions would be implemented, and it would only be a small chance that they ever get implemented since it has to be a suitable change for the Russian version as well. We're also behind the Russian version in patches, which means it would hit the Russian version several months before it hits us as well.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 4:25pm

likely is some suggestions get forwarded by our GMs / CMs and those who program the game also somtimes visit the forum and read a bit if they need new ideas input tc from players

for example before my time, some EU players said they dont want battlemonts and pat5 so the result was we long time had those things not
(which was a bad move from my opinion as we suffered from crippled mounts and less dmg but this is not topic anyway)
i guess this is the most prominent suggestion that got considered

but many other things get suggested by players in russia too so in the end they get changed

i remember that i once wrote that its uncomfortable to have to cast sal of health etc every time you die again; this got solved by aspects now... so what i want to say is often things go into the right direction anyway

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Feb 8th 2017, 4:31pm)

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 5:47pm

Rental of CS items was the only real suggestion they looked to.

I mean there is much more things to do than that but still like:

-Reincarnations sharing the same reputation, quest progress, gearscore and resources (like keys) rubies with its progenitor (except Greatness) so that weekly caps mean something and also would make reincarnations much healthier.
-Removal of Global Cooldown and if need be adding 1 or 2 second cooldown to the specific spam skills or making global cooldown no longer apply to all skills but instead only apply to the skill you use. Or something like that which makes you get a reward for chaining abilities.
-Some sort of equipment upgrade in the battlegrounds maybe? Like the usual gear is purple, and you are a new starter so you have green, but your equipment would be upgraded to blue. It is minor, but still a welcome buff.

All of those can be looked, tweaked and done. And that is only 3 of the solutions I which can give you thousands of.

But let us face it, they do not really care. The only reason rental system came is because it amplifies their income, not because it would do a lot to help newer players.

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 6:04pm

I Think global cd is needed otherwise people who play overseas would be on a big disavantage

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 6:33pm

Only things that are changed for international version are pretty much what they are forced to do by some external means (like laws they have to abide), for example disabling daily lottery or censoring harpies.

If you want to make suggestion that has even a tiny chance of being implemented, I suggest you learn Russian and post it on Russian forums.

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 11:36pm

I Think global cd is needed otherwise people who play overseas would be on a big disavantage

this is wrong; allods runs in TCP mode and a few more ms latency do not matter at all; its not a shootergame
before the GCD mess it ran fine and i am one of those with with a VERY bad ping

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 6:57am

this is wrong; allods runs in TCP mode and a few more ms latency do not matter at all; its not a shootergame
before the GCD mess it ran fine and i am one of those with with a VERY bad ping
Try come to my place and play goblinball, and the say GCD doesn't matter. Goblinball is perfect example how screwed up things are without it.

I open circle that's supposed to stop ball, people with good ping shoot ball right through it. I can't defend against goal for fk sakes.
I on other hand can't pass ball even near that other player, cause his circle is double the size in effect, all due to ping, my ballgets stopped.

Other players with good ping can cross a field with ball in X (passing forward repicking passing forward all instantly). Me on other hand when i pick ball i need wait 1-2 sec before i can pass it forward or shoot it, and takes me a lot longer to run with ball somewhere.

When ball is lost by someone, or is out of play and people wait on center spot who will get it. I NEVER get it, cause of better ping their characters react to ball faster and get it, and they can move on with attack.

Etc. Etc. game without a GCD is a BS game, and trust me if GCD was ever taken out of Allods completely from everywhere, I would quit the game instantly. Would not even think about it.

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 12:25pm

Quinz

Intermediate

• "Quinz" started this thread

Only things that are changed for international version are pretty much what they are forced to do by some external means (like laws they have to abide), for example disabling daily lottery or censoring harpies.

If you want to make suggestion that has even a tiny chance of being implemented, I suggest you learn Russian and post it on Russian forums.

Yeh this is my thought as well. It sucks playing on the "slave" version of a game because the main version of the game will always have first priority and if there's not enough feedback or suggestions something from players on the main version, it will most likely never be implemented.

This is most likely why the gold/BC exchange rates are not fixed, and the cost of making runes, and some specific localization issues etc., because it doesn't affect the Russian players on the Russian version.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Saturday, February 11th 2017, 10:35am

Imagine that influence for game design comes with 10 points total.

5 points come from my.com analysts -- how to design a game to take as much money as possible from players

2,5 points come from whale Russian players -- how to make cash shop give them as much power as possible, while not at the same time making too many of normal players leave the game because of it

2 points come from non whale Russian players -- how to give them stuff they like so they can still enjoy the game a bit, regardless of existence of the players who can crush them using cash shop power

0,5 point comes from EU/NA players -- to throw some dust in eyes so they think their suggestions still mean something, so they keep spending cash

0 points comes from rest of the world players