You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, April 7th 2014, 1:09pm

Melee scout questions

Hey, im returning to allods, and i want to try melee scout ;] my question is is it still viable since theres no agility? how melee scout can surv then? and does gibb race is a good choice for melee racial wise?
Also, some guidance how to build for lvling/pvp as melee would be greatly appreciated ;_;
Thx in advance!

Monday, April 7th 2014, 6:31pm

hello, i'm actually rushing my melee scout to test some real PVP with the new stats.

so first of all, i don't recommand leveling as a melee scout. if you can afford a skill reset when high lvl, you should go ranged build until lvl 60 then go back to melee when you get there.

as for pvp, the melee scout can be really effective.

here is the build i am actually testing:
http://pts.allodswiki.ru/calc#!8!311....…csmkunb/CWGCNOD

also i'l going full brutality/life steal.

Monday, April 7th 2014, 6:34pm

hello, i'm actually rushing my melee scout to test some real PVP with the new stats.

so first of all, i don't recommand leveling as a melee scout. if you can afford a skill reset when high lvl, you should go ranged build until lvl 60 then go back to melee when you get there.

as for pvp, the melee scout can be really effective.

here is the build i am actually testing:
http://pts.allodswiki.ru/calc#!8!311....…csmkunb/CWGCNOD

also i'l going full brutality/life steal.
No recoil/sommersault? Really?
For glory.

Tuesday, April 8th 2014, 12:04am

I had to think the same thing to myself when I saw the build. I will say you have enthusiasm but your build is lacking =/
I do not answer to mods, only official staff on payroll

Tuesday, April 8th 2014, 7:54am

Not too good build misses to much skills for pvp...and as for MS now its not that good as before patch , there is no chance of stun locking enemy becouse sooner or later he will get immune and MS lacks dmg to kill fast (ofc im talking about equal opponents)

Tuesday, April 8th 2014, 2:12pm

instead of saying not too good, post a build that you think is good. i have my reasons as to why i didn't pick recoil. i'm waiting for your builds to see what they look like.

Tuesday, April 8th 2014, 2:26pm

instead of saying not too good, post a build that you think is good. i have my reasons as to why i didn't pick recoil. i'm waiting for your builds to see what they look like.
Dude you're still lvling a scout. No somersault on any spec that has even the slightest to do with pvp not only burns my eyes, but it borderline nulifies part of a melee scout's utility ( ccing a target ). Do you know the knockdown time on somersault at r3? Do you know of it's uses? ( few examples : somersault -> rapid fire or somersault -> supernatural speed -> rend or if you're trying to escape just somersault away + smoke cloud/invis/sprint and run or w/e else you choose ).

Saying "hmm no I'd just see your build rather than taking advice" is ...derp. And no, not taking somersault isn't the only bad thing that you did in your build, but it is the biggest, and that is why it stands out. It's ok though, little mistakes can be fixed after some testing and experience on your part playing the class, but still, usefull skills ( and tips ) are not to be ignored when making your build.

With that said I can't give you any melee build, as I consider that each person has it's own preferences, more than so after patch considering some roby changes, and so, some maybe skip the determination rubies, some maybe skip the armor rubies, some maybe don't take invis rubies, some do take them, etc.

Just make yourself a build that suits you best , but don't gimp yourself by not taking esential rubies for your spec. just "because".
For glory.

Wednesday, April 9th 2014, 1:47am

Melee scout does just fine even with the new Anti CC, you just dont do a spam all CC's at once, that was never a good idea to do to begin with, spreading our CC's out over a set amount of time was the most effective, if you didnt toally suck on your stat builds you never got 1-2 shot and that seems to stand even now. Only class I have been straight up 1 shot by is mage and ive seen geared/runed pallies get 1 shot by surge so i wouldnt worrie to much
I do not answer to mods, only official staff on payroll

Wednesday, April 9th 2014, 9:50pm

Wednesday, April 9th 2014, 10:17pm

I give up. Do you want some milk with that spoon-feed too?
For glory.

Thursday, April 10th 2014, 11:51am

Uh oh, i know you guys are all about helping and pointing out flaws of each other, but its going bit off topic ;_;
If only build posted here has beed crushed, then im still waiting for at least guidance or tips >__< cuz it seems like you guys are bit shy of your builds ;p
And i dont like archer type of class, thats why i roll melee not ranged wow :| and even if its pain to lvl i will still do it melee.
Now, any advices how to build for ME, not for 'the other guy'?

Thursday, April 10th 2014, 12:28pm

Uh oh, i know you guys are all about helping and pointing out flaws of each other, but its going bit off topic ;_;
If only build posted here has beed crushed, then im still waiting for at least guidance or tips >__< cuz it seems like you guys are bit shy of your builds ;p
And i dont like archer type of class, thats why i roll melee not ranged wow :| and even if its pain to lvl i will still do it melee.
Now, any advices how to build for ME, not for 'the other guy'?

Depends on how you want to play, many build's out there to level with that will suit any playstyle.

A Basic Backbone without any specific's. Those specific's come in when shooting for a certain type of gameplay, not a general style to level with to get intimate with the skill's as you will with something around this area.
basic pve melee leveling backbone

Every player develops an individual style even with cookie cutter build's, and you will also at some point. Example:
Single Target Ninja PvP
Has no AoE or willpower passive increase, anti-CC which would render coupe de grace useless if not timed/used properly, and by no mean's leveling friendly. I enjoy it for kick's, but it's tailored for a specific role. I could link you literally 20 build's for melee, but all would be tailored to something you may never experience. Try first something with the basic's as shown above, and get an idea of where to start then work on individualizing. Remember there will alway's be something someone disagree's with, and it's incredibly easy to point while saying only, "Bad."

2 AoE

1 AoE, crip dot increase

Cloud+Sprint

Manuevering

Faster wep+ CC-reductions

The list could go on, and on, and on just choose a basic build to get in touch with the skills while you work up to 60.

forgot to include, Ugly no survival dps basic for the PvE crabbies with choice of AoE not included if any desired.

P.S. if you pm me details about how YOU want to play I can throw some idea's at you when I next log in, and you can decide what you like or hate.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Danger" (Apr 10th 2014, 12:36pm)

Thursday, April 10th 2014, 12:45pm

Yeah! Let's leave out arrow to knee/throat/etc from every build! Somersault wasn't enough, eh.
For glory.

Thursday, April 10th 2014, 12:55pm

yea, cause he said leveling. Not let's go deep into PvP specific's for build's. Just a general idea of the melee playstyle, and commonly used skill's. The only PvP specific was stated to be a single target invis focus without cloud. There is plenty of build's that have them all in it, and you can throw them out there for him to show what you prefer as he requested. Given that he is new learning to add the rotation of 3 more skill's with 2-6second duration's, and knowing when to use to maximize his ability may not be as much priority as getting a general idea. I like all 3 of the skill's mention along with the CC increase passive's, and even a fan of Merc Shot when in the proper setting's.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Danger" (Apr 10th 2014, 9:49pm)

Thursday, April 10th 2014, 5:02pm

But wait, isnt it an open pvp world that starts in a-t, and whenever you want to do quest there are enemy players waiting for you?

Thursday, April 10th 2014, 9:47pm

Yes, and no. There are player's who will spend everyday, all day waiting to kill anything running through the zone but there are way's to avoid it. I prefer leveling with PvP build's myself JUST in case someone tries to gank me, but everyone has different comfort levels when it comes to PvP, I am less tolerable to losing at it. The upside to leveling with PvP build's are you won't have trouble when engaged, and once you reach end game you can jump into skirmishes for the little extra's even though you may not excel in all PvE content you participate in.

Friday, April 11th 2014, 12:16am

Me like pew pew nubz ;_; thats what i liked most in Allods back in days (early open beta).. Roaming around A-T and having fun stoped me from lvling for couple long weeks xD