You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, April 7th 2014, 1:24pm

party lvling

Hey, does lvling in party takes more time than lvling solo? I mean is it any 'debuff' for exp while in party? Cuz i wanna play with my gf all the way from lvl1 ;_;...

Monday, April 7th 2014, 1:49pm

Hey, does lvling in party takes more time than lvling solo? I mean is it any 'debuff' for exp while in party? Cuz i wanna play with my gf all the way from lvl1 ;_;...

Picky point: "all the way from lvl1" won't happen because the starting sequence (escape the burning tower or fight on the embattled ship, depending on faction) is definitively solo. It gets your character to level 4, and then you go to Evermeet Isle (?) or the Cloud 9 health resort and can play together, so "all the way from lvl4" is OK as a goal.

And to answer the original question, no I don't think there is such a debuff.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Monday, April 7th 2014, 2:00pm

There is some experience loss for being in a party, I believe.

However increased efficiency and speed of killing will more than make up for it.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Monday, April 7th 2014, 2:12pm

I used to playd Allods a lot and i know there are tutorial zones..
So there is a loss of exp, hmm..
In that case, which server would be more suitable? free with perma exp scrolls or p2p?
And which would be cheaper at the end of the day?

Monday, April 7th 2014, 2:16pm

Alyth

Trainee

you will get less exp in party, even if you kill faster it won't work.
it wont be shown as a debuff, but the exp would be about 1/3 missing if you play with 2 ppl in party, 3 and above the exp is/was about half missing.

i tried with my gf to play some chars from lvl 4 to 55 (inkarnations back then in the "old" times ;) )
and we havent enough exp for the lvl ups in the maps, each time we had to kill/grind additional monsters to get 1-2 lvls for the next map, latest you can "feel" the missing ep at Coba (around lvl 31-34).
we played 2 new chars from 4 upwards again, this time without pary, and no grinding was neccesary.
we tested afterwards again, and have seend its about the ep you will get from killing the mobs (-1/3 to -1/2), the ep from quests stays the same.

so if your ok with grinding or using exp scrolls it's no problem to lvl in party, else i would recommend to lvl without group but running side by side.
you have to kill some "single" mobs twice, and in dungeons/instances you can group up and split afterwards.

That where our experience with parties at lvling, but that was before 5.0, maybe they "fixed" it.

and tutorial zones are no problem if you kill the same amount of mobs at the start, only if one is faster, they have to wait for the other.
read... think... better read again... think again... write answer...
lesen... denken... besser nochmal lesen... nochmal denken... antwort schreiben...
Ingenieur PMB - Summoner Guide (comming soon) - Allods Basics KB (still in progress)

Monday, April 7th 2014, 2:52pm

Thx for reply, still, we are that kind of persons that will be in party anyway <3 ...
And if so, which server would be better for us? f2p or p2p?

Monday, April 7th 2014, 3:17pm

Alyth

Trainee

depends on if you want to earn everything or buy it with real cash?
(hides for the sarcastic? ironic? sentence)

i play on the f2p, so i invest every month about 15euros, what is nearly the same the p2p each month costs. and if i think i need a 2-6month break, i can simply stop playing and continue later on. the other side is everything (fancy) is needed to be bought with cash like bigger bags, mounts, runes and so on....

of course you can farm ingame gold and buy cashshop currency from it, but the exchange rates are extremly high at the moment.
on the p2p i heard you will get a free bag (not such as big as on f2p) and it takes some time, and you can get some mounts by quests/ingame gold, and you have to pay even if your not playing.

the f2p is good populated with players, the p2p should (by hearing) be more empty.

the bad thing is on the f2p there are some "money doesnt matter" players that are more than imbalanced, and in pvp they smash you like nothing good. means you can "easly" buy items with real cash that heavily impacts PVP and PVE.

like i said, i play on f2p so all i know from p2p is just from hearing ;)

but till, i think it was 14th you can try the p2p for free, and i think lvl 20 was the free p2p bag. the mount i dont know ^^
lesen... denken... besser nochmal lesen... nochmal denken... antwort schreiben...
Ingenieur PMB - Summoner Guide (comming soon) - Allods Basics KB (still in progress)

Monday, April 7th 2014, 3:26pm

and you have to pay even if your not playing.

uhm... what? If you don't want to play, you don't pay your subscription. If you want to come back, you pay your subscription. That is, if you take "few months break". Only way that is true, is if you want to play like 1-2 days per week, though in that case i wouldn't see a point in paying for crystals either.

Monday, April 7th 2014, 3:35pm

Alyth

Trainee

like i said, the p2p informations are only from hearing, an i know p2p only from other games, where it wasn't that easy to take a break. you had to skip your payment, let them block you account, and if you come back you have to contact support to unlock your account and start payment again.

and yes your right by paying for crystals isn't that nice ^^ it's one of the bad sides of f2p and what i meant (aside other things) with

Quoted

buy items with real cash that heavily impacts PVP and PVE.

Monday, April 7th 2014, 3:40pm

like i said, the p2p informations are only from hearing, an i know p2p only from other games, where it wasn't that easy to take a break. you had to skip your payment, let them block you account, and if you come back you have to contact support to unlock your account and start payment again.

Nothing like that on p2p server, you just loose access to your characters while you're not playing, but you can simply buy another subscription anytime. At least that's how it worked for me couple of months after the server was up. Also now i have no problem accessing my chars during the free subscription time, even though i didn't pay for months.

Monday, April 7th 2014, 4:02pm

Hello,

I would suggest P2P if you want a fresh start. P2P server is quite young (6 month), F2P is about 4 years old, and its players too (i mean, they play for 4 years, not that they are 4 years old :D). If you wanna compete with them quickly, it will be expensive.

P2P is 1000 gpotato for 30 days, manually renewal, you stop when you want at the end of a 30 days period.

There is an permanent XP bonus too (about 30%) from level one to 60, so levelling is quiete smouth (but some hard time in the middle (lvl 30/35 and 39 you may grind a little)

P2P is free until april 14th. So you have one week to know if you would fit on this server, or if F2P will be a better choice for you :).

Population while levelling may be a little low, don't be surprised :/.
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Monday, April 7th 2014, 4:48pm

I would suggest P2P if you want a fresh start. P2P server is quite young (6 month), F2P is about 4 years old, and its players too (i mean, they play for 4 years, not that they are 4 years old :D). If you wanna compete with them quickly, it will be expensive.
Based on some of the to-and-fro I've seen on f2p World Chat, 4-year-old players might be accurate in some cases, at least in terms of behaviour... ;)
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Monday, April 7th 2014, 4:58pm

skullskaldy

Beginner

well one thing I'd like to add is that for killing mobs the experience in a group is divided between all players so if it's 2 of you each of you earns half the experience but well you still get all exp for items (yes some items give exp , cfr kirah gems) and quests :P

Tuesday, April 8th 2014, 11:11am

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

There is an permanent XP bonus too (about 30%) from level one to 60, so levelling is quiete smouth (but some hard time in the middle (lvl 30/35 and 39 you may grind a little)

Leveled 2 toons on the P2P server and not once did I have to grind.

Thursday, April 10th 2014, 11:55am

I think i will do f2p server, i rly hate empty zones, i want a play a damn MMO, not single player RPG... >_<

Thursday, April 10th 2014, 12:41pm

f2p leveling zone is empty too, go P2P, and the exp loss while in party is worth the social fun so chat it up from time to you log till the chips fry.

Thursday, April 10th 2014, 3:53pm

payserver is NOT worth it

you pay for NOTHING, have less items and so on

better use normal free server, you can get every item with gold and exchange NPC

Thursday, April 10th 2014, 9:36pm

Spoken like a true F2Player. You most likely have spent ton's of time grinding up an advantage you know new player's will run from having more sense fresh from the world, and know what wasted time/money management really impact's (life). If Men in Black came to you're home, and flashed you're memory away then gave you the P2P server to play for a day you would have a different opinion (this may not be true for you in reality, but let's be optimistic). You don't need ton's of item's to know it's the better server, you just need to play it to see, because if you spend 13$ playing P2P and feel cheated afterward..... F2P will blow you're mind.

Thursday, April 10th 2014, 10:10pm

reeah19

Intermediate

at the current gear f2p is better if you're an old player, when ppl will get to leggy+ the ones with more CS will own everything, thats why p2p it's better if your a new player and you can afford to pay, if u wanna start fresh on f2p now w.o cs-ing its gonna be very annoying at end-game
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden