You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, February 14th 2017, 6:54pm

Blessed Steel & Foused Light (Rubies)

What does these rubies actually do?

Blessed Steel (increases all phys. dmg by XX%)
Foused Light (increases all holy dmg by XX%)

but after I picked any of these, and then checked my damage on skills, it did not see any increase.
So I see 3 possibilities what could happened:
1. Increase is actually silently applied after using the skill in practice.
2. Talents Hellmark and Seal of Flame (that I changed Fire dmg => Holy dmg (with a ruby) is bugged and those dmg increasing rubies does not apply for these talents. Same for Holy Ground.. not increased dmg.
3. They buff Phys. and Holy stats instead of increasing actual talent damage. In this case are these rubies basically useless for palla, and regarding to this "recomendation" for these rubies should be removed, becouse they are useless for early stage, and may confuse new player.

Whats the truth?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "RedCatCZ" (Feb 14th 2017, 6:59pm)

Tuesday, February 14th 2017, 8:06pm

did u test it on dummy or only cheked dmg value on skill

Tuesday, February 14th 2017, 8:29pm

I only checked dmg value on skill. I did not think about testing dummy "before - after" when I lvled up and picked ruby.

Wednesday, February 15th 2017, 2:32pm

rozetri

Intermediate

These rubies do not influence tooltips. You will only see increases in tooltips when those rubies specifically call out a certain skill (and not in all cases even then) or when you get stat boosts to Vigor, Proficiency, or Determination assuming you have some % built up on your Determination bar. In all other cases, the benefit will only be reflected when you actually use the skill. As far as Hallmark goes... make sure you're in the right aspect. That ruby only changes Hallmark to holy damage in Protection aspect and is thus incompatible with Blessed Steel/Focused Light, as those rubies only work in Assault aspect.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Wednesday, February 15th 2017, 8:27pm

the benefit will only be reflected when you actually use the skill.

This answers my question, thx. I will test it soon, and confirm that.

As far as Hallmark goes... make sure you're in the right aspect. That ruby only changes Hallmark to holy damage in Protection aspect and is thus incompatible with Blessed Steel/Focused Light, as those rubies only work in Assault aspect.

I guess that you got the info from outdated talent calc. Focused Light should work for any aspect or without any aspect now.

Thursday, February 16th 2017, 9:29am

azalin71

Trainee

I guess that you got the info from outdated talent calc. Focused Light should work for any aspect or without any aspect now.
Rozetri is not discussing the Focused Light ruby but the rubies that change damage category for Hallmark from elemental to holy. Those rubies are for defensive aspect.
Araanahn - Kanian Crusader - Warsong guild

Thursday, February 16th 2017, 2:11pm

Pardon me? I think I understood that prety good. Rozetri said that Focused Light ruby is not compatible with Hallmark skill, becouse each work for opposite aspects. It's not true becouse since 8.0 Focused Light ruby should work for any aspect, so it actualy IS compatible.

Thursday, February 16th 2017, 3:30pm

rozetri

Intermediate

Red is correct, I was still under the assumption that Focused Light didn't work in Protection aspect. If that was changed, then Focused Light should boost holy-typed Hallmark... unless some other strange mechanic is in place where it only boosts magic damage rather than magic and melee. I doubt that would be the case, so Focused Light should function appropriately, just the improvement will only show when the skill is used rather than in the tooltip.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Friday, February 17th 2017, 9:35am

azalin71

Trainee

Oki, I misunderstood it then. My appologies to you RedCatCZ.
Araanahn - Kanian Crusader - Warsong guild