You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, February 19th 2017, 11:18am

saucewt

Beginner

• "saucewt" started this thread

Is it really worth it?

Ok, so i've made multiple toons on each faction and i've seen maybe around 5 to 6 players on each faction and i've asked for a guild invite but i've gotten no response.Maybe they've just been busy.However judging by the low population is it really worth it?I love the fact that there's no cash shop, but god i love the social aspect of the game troughout the leveling zones whics nearly non existant on p2p.I have a f2p account too and i was thinking about there because the population was way bigger and also skirmishes pop.I'M really having a dillema here:( I'm inclined to play f2p on my reincarn.

Sunday, February 19th 2017, 12:52pm

Sunday, February 19th 2017, 3:11pm

GRIUMPH

Intermediate

You can't do anything with 7 € a month on F2p Allods-Online-Player ^^

Saucewt, don't forget, even with few ppl, the better is to ask guild-leader or officers or ask player who you can pm too. If you send a message in empty area or just ask "invit me guild!" without "hello" or "please", you'll have no answer. I had this kind of message few days ago and i didn't answer, i hope it wasn't you.

Have fun ;)
Le Shaf =^.^=
(Shaffou in game)
#Empire [Utopie / Smuggler's Paradise]

Monday, February 20th 2017, 11:19am

Quinz

Intermediate

Pick the server that fits your requirements/desires the most:

P2P:
1. Monthly fee.

2. Very low population, which makes questing very lonely and may complicate and slow down your progression due to skirmishes not popping so often, not enough people being available for astral/raids, the world feeling empty, etc.

3. No micro-transactions. All items are only acquirable by gameplay and only progression and knowledge determines the skill of each player.

F2P:
1. Free to play, no mandatory payments.

2. Higher population. You won't have the same issues with finding groups for astral/raids, the world won't feel as empty, and you will be able to complete your daily skirmishes.

3. It might be considered pay-to-win. If you care about the competitive aspects of the game, like any form of PvP especially, you will need to throw some cash in (or surrender your life to the game and spend 16+ hours a day mainly farming gold in order to get the necessities within some months). It's not necessarily as bad as many people make it sound. You don't have to spend a fortune. You'll do just fine with the basics. You can also use a method similar to paying for a subscription on the P2P server, but instead you pay a monthly fee on items from the cash shop to eventually have all the necessities permanently on your character/account.

There's also something recently added to the cash shop called "Timed Artefacts", which are the basic (required) items available for a 30 day period, and every time you buy it you will also get fragments of that particular item, which can eventually be combined into the permanent item.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Quinz" (Feb 20th 2017, 5:32pm)

Monday, February 20th 2017, 3:26pm

You can't do anything with 7 € a month on F2p Allods-Online-Player ^^

depends on what you want
over time it accumulates

the timed artefacts now offer even more options

on the long run there will be a point where you have everthing

3. It might be considered pay-to-win. If you care about the competitive aspects of the game, like any form of PvP especially, you will need to throw some cash in.

but not necessary, you can also become more than competitive without spending money
this path maybe is not (easy) for everyone but definitely possible

Monday, February 20th 2017, 5:33pm

Quinz

Intermediate

Zitat von »Quinz«

3. It might be considered pay-to-win. If you care about the competitive aspects of the game, like any form of PvP especially, you will need to throw some cash in.

but not necessary, you can also become more than competitive without spending money
this path maybe is not (easy) for everyone but definitely possible

Added a sentence for you.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch