You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, April 11th 2014, 9:55am

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

• "Spinecrawler" started this thread

[subscription] Time to draw a line.

It' time to draw a line here people :/

Last week i became fed up
with this omnipresent mediocery in Allods. Especially on subscription
server. It's been what ? 3 weeks after patch and game is still
unfinished in many aspects.
- Biling system is not redy not to mention that it causes problems (read on other threads),
- Game is unstable, constant crashes and lag, AoD bug is not fixed
-
Astral islands are full of placeholders (!) once we went there
with friends and it took us 4 times since we were able to kill a boss
cause it gave us some debuff which was, take a lucky guess :/ a
placeholder so we didn't know what was going on till we found out
empiricaly :/ bulls**t,
- there is not much people to play with cause population on p2p is a joke
- I got this feeling that p2p server in on the very end of food chain and devs don't give a flying **** about it :/

All

and all it looks like some beta test :/ it's ridiculous and they expect
me to pay for it ? NO. NOOOOOOOOOO. I refuse! Playing Allods is not a
privilege ! It's not some great mercy of devs that I'm allowed to play
Allods on cash shop free server. They developed Allods to ern cash. I'm
willing to give it to them but not for a product that has sooo many
flaws :/ I wouldn't mind shittiness of that magnitude if i played on f2p
server and didn't spend a coin on the game. This is a different matter.
I subscribed. I regulary pay money. I fcking expect some damn QUALITY !
And what I get ? Placeholders, crashes, bugs and fraction of things
from p2w server. That's it.
Till Allods turns in a fair, decently
run, and good quality AAA title as it supposely is I'm not giving any
more money for content of this game. Period.

Kind regards.

Friday, April 11th 2014, 11:09am

Alyth

Trainee

you know they still have to fight with the migration issues of accounts that arent completely moved here?
(as far as i know, maybe i have overseen something)

and do you really expect to get all the features of the f2p on the p2p for only 10€ a month?

the problems you describe sounds to me like more or less normal merge and translaton issues..

and about the paying... you play an international game, so i would ask myself more,
why dont you have paypal or a credit card? one of the international paying methods?

all i could is say "bye bye"
read... think... better read again... think again... write answer...
lesen... denken... besser nochmal lesen... nochmal denken... antwort schreiben...
Ingenieur PMB - Summoner Guide (comming soon) - Allods Basics KB (still in progress)

Friday, April 11th 2014, 11:16am

Last week i became fed up
with this omnipresent mediocery in Allods. Especially on subscription
server. It's been what ? 3 weeks after patch and game is still
unfinished in many aspects.
- Biling system is not redy not to mention that it causes problems (read on other threads),
- Game is unstable, constant crashes and lag, AoD bug is not fixed
-
Astral islands are full of placeholders (!) once we went there
with friends and it took us 4 times since we were able to kill a boss
cause it gave us some debuff which was, take a lucky guess :/ a
placeholder so we didn't know what was going on till we found out
empiricaly :/ bulls**t,
- there is not much people to play with cause population on p2p is a joke
- I got this feeling that p2p server in on the very end of food chain and devs don't give a flying **** about it :/

All

and all it looks like some beta test :/ it's ridiculous and they expect
me to pay for it ? NO. NOOOOOOOOOO. I refuse! Playing Allods is not a
privilege ! It's not some great mercy of devs that I'm allowed to play
Allods on cash shop free server. They developed Allods to ern cash. I'm
willing to give it to them but not for a product that has sooo many
flaws :/ I wouldn't mind shittiness of that magnitude if i played on f2p
server and didn't spend a coin on the game. This is a different matter.
I subscribed. I regulary pay money. I fcking expect some damn QUALITY !
And what I get ? Placeholders, crashes, bugs and fraction of things
from p2w server. That's it.
Till Allods turns in a fair, decently
run, and good quality AAA title as it supposely is I'm not giving any
more money for content of this game. Period.

Kind regards.
You're complaining about translation issues that not only p2p, but f2p server have.
For glory.

Friday, April 11th 2014, 11:52am

totally agree, it is a mockery

they had a plenty of time between RU and EU version and it's still looks like beta

gpotato v2

Friday, April 11th 2014, 11:53am

Thank god I don't pay to play this game! Yay \o/

On a serious note - the translation is downright unacceptable. Bosses put debuffs on players, they buff themselves and we can't know what these buffs do. Then you have the broken ruby descriptions and stat descriptions that don't make any sense. It looks like none of the already translated texts from 4.04 have been changed to reflect the changes in 5.0... and that will take ages to fix now.

The more fixing translation is postponed, the harder it will be to fix it.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Friday, April 11th 2014, 11:56am

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

Quoted

you know they still have to fight with the migration issues of accounts that arent completely moved here?
(as far as i know, maybe i have overseen something)

and do you really expect to get all the features of the f2p on the p2p for only 10€ a month?

the problems you describe sounds to me like more or less normal merge and translaton issues..

That
is supposed to be an excuse ? Stop treating Allods like a handicaped
game. They claim it is AAA title. They have ballz to implement
subscription model. And looking back in history it's allways thesame
sh*t every singe patch, every single merge :/
This has to stop! Devs don't care to implement good quality content, that is tested and bug-free cause we all let them do it :(
Can
anyone here imagine something like that happen in any other mmo that
has subscription model implemented like WoW, GW2, SWTOR and others? over
3 weeks and still game is not polished ? Ask for more people ! Game is for You not You for the game !

Friday, April 11th 2014, 12:20pm

and about the paying... you play an international game, so i would ask myself more,
why dont you have paypal or a credit card? one of the international paying methods?

all i could is say "bye bye"
BIG ROFL ON THAT COMMENT LOL XD
So your theory is, that everyone should do what most people do?! So if everyone jumps out of a cliff, you would do that too because everyone does it right?! Wow nice way of thinking. :thumbsup: (my sarcasm reached level 100 by now lol). Its not because a game is international, that paypal and credit card should be the only way of paying subscription or gem shards!!! That's just an ignorant/selfish way of thinking actually XD Because who said credit card or paypal is "THE" international payment method?! You?! The community?! Common don't make me laugh even more XD

Friday, April 11th 2014, 12:44pm

Hi

We are aware, and are working on the issues.
We have had a LOT of unforseen issues which we have had to work on, along with a lot of technical issues and even some legal issues which have delayed some things.

There has been a difficult transition period for all of us (both for you and for us), we are doing everything we can to resolve these issues.
Regarding the translation issues, we are working on them. Having worked with localisation files before, I know just how hard it is to correctly localise everything (I also hear that the Russian LoCa is not great either..), and I only helped with a browsergame.. a game as complex as Allods would be really difficult. You also have to remember we have 4 languages to localise now, not just 1.

The tested-bug free is a double edged sword, to have something PROPERLY tested, localised and bug free takes time, a lot of it (on top of the time it takes to code any changes, to design and build the graphics, write the stories behind it etc).
You also have the majority of players who want the new content right away so you have to find a balance between the 2, given the extra workload of a cross localised version that is not a simple task.

I should also point out that noone has had to pay for the subscription server, it has been free since the merge.

I know things are not ideal at the moment, but here's a hypothetical scenario for you. If we did not transfer when we did Allods outside of Russia would have been closed for good, would that have been a better outcome? (again, this is just hypothetical situation, I don't know the status before I joined).

-Wraith
The Sky Is Not The Limit, It Is Only The Genesis Of Dreams.
General InGame Rules|| Account Ownership Rules || Forum Code Of Conduct|| Signature Rules

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wraith02" (Apr 11th 2014, 1:07pm)

Friday, April 11th 2014, 1:08pm

Alyth

Trainee

first... good if my post made you laugh, laughing is healthy :)

and yes if really everyone jumps off a cliff, i will jump too, it would be boring completely alone up the cliff :P

and i dont said it's THE international payment method, these two are just the methods i have seen in nearly
all business that are not limited to a region, from games to online shops. But hey they sell some kind of
coupons at the gas station near me, maybe they should include this as payment too?

i played many mmo's and all had the two mentioned payment methods and some exotics (each provider had nearly it's own time/cash cards), i had worked for international companies, they used in her online shops this two payment methods and their own "exotics". maybe i heard it there that they called it so 8|

If i play now a game where i have to / want invest money, and the company dont resides in my country, wouldn't it be logical to prepare myself for an more flexible payment method?

So they implemented the, lets say, "most used" payment methods first and still have now enough work to make the servers stable and so on.

If you still mean they HAVE TO implement Paysafe, or something like that, or they are bad publishers, then thats your opinion and then its ok. Mine is they do a good job till now.

and @Spinecrawler: it's not an execuse, but maybe an reason? what is worse: if you cant even log in / cant get your characters, or you die 4 times on a isle because of placeholders? if you think they are so bad and have the wrong priorities, you're free to go :D
lesen... denken... besser nochmal lesen... nochmal denken... antwort schreiben...
Ingenieur PMB - Summoner Guide (comming soon) - Allods Basics KB (still in progress)

Friday, April 11th 2014, 1:19pm

first... good if my post made you laugh, laughing is healthy :)

and yes if really everyone jumps off a cliff, i will jump too, it would be boring completely alone up the cliff :P

and i dont said it's THE international payment method, these two are just the methods i have seen in nearly
all business that are not limited to a region, from games to online shops. But hey they sell some kind of
coupons at the gas station near me, maybe they should include this as payment too?

i played many mmo's and all had the two mentioned payment methods and some exotics (each provider had nearly it's own time/cash cards), i had worked for international companies, they used in her online shops this two payment methods and their own "exotics". maybe i heard it there that they called it so 8|

If i play now a game where i have to / want invest money, and the company dont resides in my country, wouldn't it be logical to prepare myself for an more flexible payment method?

So they implemented the, lets say, "most used" payment methods first and still have now enough work to make the servers stable and so on.

If you still mean they HAVE TO implement Paysafe, or something like that, or they are bad publishers, then thats your opinion and then its ok. Mine is they do a good job till now.

and @Spinecrawler: it's not an execuse, but maybe an reason? what is worse: if you cant even log in / cant get your characters, or you die 4 times on a isle because of placeholders? if you think they are so bad and have the wrong priorities, you're free to go :D
Where did i stated that they were bad publishers or that they HAVE TO implant anything?! Don't put words into my sayings young man!!! And i think as well they are doing a great job so far, never stated they didn't so lol. I only found funny your way of seeing things in life lol. Commenting on a specific quote doesn't mean i agree with all the topic starter said lol.

Friday, April 11th 2014, 1:25pm

Alyth

Trainee

ok than i apologize honestly, maybe i have even expressed myself a bit wrong :) english is not my native language ^_^

and thanks for telling me

Quoted

young man!!!

that has felt good XD

Friday, April 11th 2014, 1:27pm

ok than i apologize honestly, maybe i have even expressed myself a bit wrong :) english is not my native language ^_^

and thanks for telling me

Quoted

young man!!!

that has felt good XD
your welcome XD
And your English is pretty good :thumbup:

Friday, April 11th 2014, 1:52pm

i thought sub server is still free ? no ?

Friday, April 11th 2014, 2:28pm

i thought sub server is still free ? no ?

So far, but that's set to expire in a few days, hopefully when they get a payment plan going.

We are aware, and are working on the issues.
We have had a LOT of unforseen issues which we have had to work on, along with a lot of technical issues and even some legal issues which have delayed some things.

And I would be interested in hearing what kind of legal issues you guys would be running into with all this.

Friday, April 11th 2014, 2:59pm

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

Quoted

We
have had a LOT of unforseen issues which we have had to work on, along
with a lot of technical issues and even some legal issues which have
delayed some things.
Yes. Nothing new here. Agin.
Problems. Problems. Problems and problems agin. Allways. And allways
unforseen. Do You guys change staff every week so noone has opportunity
to learn from previous mistakes and see what is coming ?

Quoted

The
tested-bug free is a double edged sword, to have something PROPERLY
tested, localised and bug free takes time, a lot of it (on top of the
time it takes to code any changes, to design and build the graphics,
write the stories behind it etc).
You also have the majority of
players who want the new content right away so you have to find a
balance between the 2, given the extra workload of a cross localised
version that is not a simple task.
Offcourse it takes time.
This is normal. I expect new expansion to arrive "when they arrive". Do
it good, do it cheap, do it quick. Choose two. The trend to do it
fastest and cheapest way is ruining everyting. How do anyone expect
Allods be considered good if creators allways release new content
unfinished and broken ?

Quoted

I
know things are not ideal at the moment, but here's a hypothetical
scenario for you. If we did not transfer when we did Allods outside of
Russia would have been closed for good, would that have been a better
outcome? (again, this is just hypothetical situation, I don't know the
status before I joined).
Players will simply find other game
to play, as it allways been. The situation before was pretty much
thesame. Allways ton of problems after patch. Allways ton of problem
after merge. I never cared much about quality of stuff on pay2win server
cause it's free right ? so by default it is expected to be shitty. But
now we have a subscription server. Now things are different. And NOW I'm
not gonna overlook very poor quality of content and its
inmplementation. Maybe if Allods team would focus more on creating
quality content that trying desperately to keep this game alive things
would turn out for better with time. More polish. Less merging!

And
Yes, p2p server is free atm but it won't be very soon (13.04.14.). That
is why I ranted here. I just can't accept this anymore. I payed for
subscription long enough and I can't see any improvment. I gave Allods
more than enough time. Yes, there is some new stuf but allways bugged,
allways unfinished, allways unpolished generally allways shitty :/ I'm
rising my expectations and I demand higher standard on subscription
server as it supposed to be.

Friday, April 11th 2014, 3:30pm

Players will simply find other game
to play, as it allways been. The situation before was pretty much
thesame. Allways ton of problems after patch. Allways ton of problem
after merge. I never cared much about quality of stuff on pay2win server
cause it's free right ? so by default it is expected to be shitty. But
now we have a subscription server. Now things are different. And NOW I'm
not gonna overlook very poor quality of content and its
inmplementation. Maybe if Allods team would focus more on creating
quality content that trying desperately to keep this game alive things
would turn out for better with time. More polish. Less merging!

And
Yes, p2p server is free atm but it won't be very soon (13.04.14.). That
is why I ranted here. I just can't accept this anymore. I payed for
subscription long enough and I can't see any improvment. I gave Allods
more than enough time. Yes, there is some new stuf but allways bugged,
allways unfinished, allways unpolished generally allways shitty :/ I'm
rising my expectations and I demand higher standard on subscription
server as it supposed to be.
Speak for yourself, its not because you can't stand the issues on Allods Online that every player is gonna leave the game just like you are planning to do in a near future lol. And actually you should move on to another game...if you are so depressed by how Allods now is, then leave. Cause pushing the developers and crying to the GM staff about stuff that's normal to be expected with such a huge transfer/merge isn't going to help at all. I would really like to see you managing a game like Allods Online with all different regions we now have!!! Cause yeah as a player its easy to blame blame blame and cry cry cry, but you don't have any idea how much work and efforts the developers and GM's are doing to keep their clients happy!!! And crying about paying subscription time?! Really?! Its still free until the 14th of this month!!! And maybe they will extend it more until the payment options are established. Instead of jumping to conclusions like a chicken without head, have PATIENCE AND WAIT FOR GOD SAKE!!! Or else i suggest you search a game where they would serve you as you wish lol.

People like you reminds me a lot of this pic lol XD

*Side Note: Be grateful that Allods Online still exists for EU/NA players!!! Otherwise it would be shut down by now if your theory was right about developers and GM's that supposedly don't care about us at all!!! They care a lot and do as much as possible to fix everything!!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Skullhunter" (Apr 11th 2014, 3:38pm)

Friday, April 11th 2014, 3:42pm

Alyth

Trainee

perfect picture, i had exactly this picture in mind when i read the first post, except not with a cat and not such pinkish stuff at the servant :D

Friday, April 11th 2014, 3:43pm

I usually don't laugh a lot, but this threat + this picture...gold.
For glory.

Friday, April 11th 2014, 4:01pm

Oracle

Intermediate

I don't think the dev team has realised, we don't mind waiting for patches. I would much rather wait longer for patches if I knew they would be high quality and as bug free as possible, instead of having rushed patches full of bugs and translation errors and placeholders all over the place. We complain because we love the game, and we want it to improve. A suggestion for the next big patch, let it take as long as it takes. Check for bugs, make sure the translation is complete (no placeholders) and a good standard, and then check everything through thoroughly. We would appreciate it very much :)

Friday, April 11th 2014, 4:48pm

I don't think the dev team has realised, we don't mind waiting for patches. I would much rather wait longer for patches if I knew they would be high quality and as bug free as possible, instead of having rushed patches full of bugs and translation errors and placeholders all over the place. We complain because we love the game, and we want it to improve. A suggestion for the next big patch, let it take as long as it takes. Check for bugs, make sure the translation is complete (no placeholders) and a good standard, and then check everything through thoroughly. We would appreciate it very much :)

disagree, the placeholders havent detered my experience enough for me to cry a river over. and all other bugs have been fixed in a expedited manner. to each his own.