You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, April 13th 2014, 4:45am

Twisted idea to make skirmishes more ballanced.

With the current standing of this game the primary method of getting amalgam to gear up leaves anyone who didn't have the best gear possible before the patch unable to get the amalgam needed to make the gear they need to get amalgam. Here is my rather warped idea to balance PVP so there will be more competition in skirmishes and players can get the amalgam they need to improve their gear.

Make the reward from skirmishes inversely based on your gear. This means that people with crap gear(green astral and 55 green glyphs) get more amalgam than those with good gear(Leggy/myth gear and 56 myth glyphs). Someone in minimum gear in a land slide loss would get as much amalgam as the top geared players on the winning team.

To prevent abuse when you enter a skirmish your gear is locked so you can't strip to get more at the end or strip to get a lower gear score at the start then suit up.

This could make skirmishes much more interesting as the players who are currently untouchable due to their gear and shutting everyone else out of skirmishes will end up needing to cut their power to get better rewards and end up leveling the field.

Sunday, April 13th 2014, 5:01am

It's not a bad idea but here come my BUT. What will happen when everyone (or most of the people) creat a good gear with your method? The game will become boring... Those who have good gear worked hard to make that gear but with your method even the newb players will become OP. This does't sound fair to me... Personaly I don't want any changes to skirmishes. But this is only my opinion. 8) ;)

Sunday, April 13th 2014, 5:16am

So you think having everyone relatively close in gear so actual skill and luck becomes important in PVP would make things boring? I guess your one of the people who finds killing the mobs in your faction's newbie area while level 60 exiting.

Most people find walking around killing everything with ease boring. Questions of will I win or lose the fight bring exitment to the fight in a way that having a 100% chance at winning can never do.

Sunday, April 13th 2014, 9:27am

SΛΤΗΩ

Intermediate

With the current standing of this game the primary method of getting amalgam to gear up leaves anyone who didn't have the best gear possible before the patch unable to get the amalgam needed to make the gear they need to get amalgam. Here is my rather warped idea to balance PVP so there will be more competition in skirmishes and players can get the amalgam they need to improve their gear.

It's obvious you have to be new in the game.
The BG's are balance (more or less) since few patches ago. On each site you have a player which gear score corresponds to the one another. And in the party you have some strong and some weap players.It's not an ideal balance, but at least it is one. It makes ppl to play as a team and not slack, bcz each player is important in such parties.

Make the reward from skirmishes inversely based on your gear. This means that people with crap gear(green astral and 55 green glyphs) get more amalgam than those with good gear(Leggy/myth gear and 56 myth glyphs). Someone in minimum gear in a land slide loss would get as much amalgam as the top geared players on the winning team.
Yeah, we have enough leeches sign in, as it is, slacking while others are fighting. Devs pls introduce 'the kick from' button. I'll be gladly to kick few leeches myself.

To prevent abuse when you enter a skirmish your gear is locked so you can't strip to get more at the end or strip to get a lower gear score at the start then suit up.
You can keep or take off your gear while entering BG's it wont matter, the gear score of each player are saved at a specific time (not constantly upon signing in - then the system is just balancing the parties) so any change won't put you in two different parties, only may cause you to skip a BG since there won't be an equal opponent singed on the other site.

This could make skirmishes much more interesting as the players who are currently untouchable due to their gear and shutting everyone else out of skirmishes will end up needing to cut their power to get better rewards and end up leveling the field.
You can get amalgam also from alchemy quest, JC (sign with friends at the same time), or Dominion fights (regular and champion fights) in 6 vs. 6 (from the raid mode thing you get realgar which is even better).

Btw. Imperium has the minority buff (meaning that there is less Imperial ppl then League one on f2p sever), and still, more often we have BG fights Imperium vs Imperium then Imperium vs League.

ps. since this patch most players are at the same lvl. Some classes just seem to be overpowered bcz of the HP and resistance reduction we all had, so DOTs from Healer, Pala, Summie etc. hit stronger. Nevertheless all are starting from the same lvl and it's only up to you if you can keep up with others.

Sunday, April 13th 2014, 2:28pm

I'm not new and I have seen over the patches that they have never gotten a balancing system to work in the skirmishes. They have said that a system to balance would be added but that ended up being Scarlet Bastion which put the 6 best geared on 1 team and everyone else on the other.

Currently you often see 2 people on 1 team that are able to completely control the map and shut down the other team including the high geared players you say are on it. The result between 1 and 25 drops of pure.

JC is a joke. IF everything goes well and you can drill your full load and finish the race you get 1.5 amalgam per day. That isn't likely to happen though since the people I mentioned as completely dominating WH and DF go into JC and do the exact same thing durring the hunt and stop members of the other faction from finishing the race so your not likely to get even 1 amalgam.

Unless you have good gear that alchemy quest will kick your ass. Your probably thinking that it only takes about 30 min with no problems because your assuming everyone in this game has FULL 56 GLYPHS like you. They don't. New players start out with no glyphs and no gear. It needs to be farmed and powered up over time which requires amalgam.

Here is a suggestion you will like even less. Force balancing on the skirmishes by buffing or nerfing everyone's gear to an average power level. This will make the leaching your complaining about impossible and prevent 2-3 players from carrying the full team. This will make your uber gear worthless in PVP because it is reduced to the average.

Another suggestion you will hate. Remove amalgam completely from the game so you just take your upgraders, gold, and gear to the smith and get the same value as using amalgam. This will result in the skirmishes popping a lot less because people will not need to do them to get the gear needed to play the game.

Sunday, April 13th 2014, 3:28pm

Unless you have good gear that alchemy quest will kick your ass. Your probably thinking that it only takes about 30 min with no problems because your assuming everyone in this game has FULL 56 GLYPHS like you. They don't. New players start out with no glyphs and no gear. It needs to be farmed and powered up over time which requires amalgam.

This quest has been nerfed from two angles. First, you need additional 6 kills of each type, so 24 more mobs total (this is pretty small and borderline negligible nerf), and the second - now there's a 15s cooldown on the Extractor (that's a harsh nerf, having really significant impact).

If someone's claiming they can do it in 30 min post 5.0, they lie.

Here's proof:

15s cooldown on extractor * 30 uses * 4 types of mobs = 1800s = 30 min

plus:

3s extractor cast time * 30 uses * 4 types of mobs = 360s = 6min

It's absolutely impossible to go under 36 min doing this quest after 5.0, even if you take zero time to kill all the mobs and teleport between zones.

Funniest thing ever is that it's still significantly faster amalgam gain than (even steamrolling) battlegrounds.

With melting isle rewards being next to worthless now, If you're real serious about gearing up, you either get a solid crew and ship and visit Anomalous Sector everyday until you're good at it, or you suck it up and grind the alch quest like a maniac.

Sunday, April 13th 2014, 4:06pm

Windstorm

Trainee

Unbound the amalgam,least give the other players the option to buy it if they can't farm it . No one should be forced to pvp in order to be able to upgrade equip. Cinnabar can be bought from the npc. Loot can be converted in astral academy spending keys and refractors ; for the ones that does not want to fly in astral for gear .Okay ,do something for the ones that can't yet /or not willing to pvp in order to get amalgams,or they are not alchemists . AoD amalgam can stay bound for example ,as it was before ,or make the BG's amalgam to have its quality increased ,but let the basic amalgam to be unbound ,because if the low geared ppl would join the battlegrounds,they will be confronted with drama ''oh that gearscore''.Let the players decide the way they CAN play or enjoy the game,way they are gearing up and give more chances for the low geared ppl to be able to play.

Sunday, April 13th 2014, 5:24pm

The main issue I have with the suggestion is... that it doesn't reward winning. The more advanced you are, the more rewarding the game should be. That is basic winning state stuff. Why advance in a game, if you will get less rewards for doing so? Allods focuses on the reverse quite a lot - it rewards destroying the enemy. Completely demolishing the enemy team is always massively rewarding. 3 capping in WH is 4 times as rewarding as 2 capping, and on top of that, if you 3 cap early, you get more amals and symbols of victory for much, much less time invested. That is how a game should reward in a competitive environment.

There is nothing stopping people with 19k gearscore from queuing and doing skirmishes and getting amalgam. Yes, they will be just punching bags for the geared, but they will get their reward. I started 5.0 without even green glyphs and I get more amalgam than I need for my gear every week.

Amalgam is on the AH, people can farm gold and buy it if they wanted.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Sunday, April 13th 2014, 5:48pm

1- Most of the people changes their gears on queue.
2- Even they dont, its so obvious there is no suc thing we can call "BALANCED".
3- Some players have huge differences and its impossible to do that in 3 weeks after patch.
I think the rumours about some hack tools may be true!

Sunday, April 13th 2014, 10:03pm

The main issue I have with the suggestion is... that it doesn't reward winning. The more advanced you are, the more rewarding the game should be. That is basic winning state stuff. Why advance in a game, if you will get less rewards for doing so? Allods focuses on the reverse quite a lot - it rewards destroying the enemy. Completely demolishing the enemy team is always massively rewarding. 3 capping in WH is 4 times as rewarding as 2 capping, and on top of that, if you 3 cap early, you get more amals and symbols of victory for much, much less time invested. That is how a game should reward in a competitive environment.

There is nothing stopping people with 19k gearscore from queuing and doing skirmishes and getting amalgam. Yes, they will be just punching bags for the geared, but they will get their reward. I started 5.0 without even green glyphs and I get more amalgam than I need for my gear every week.

Amalgam is on the AH, people can farm gold and buy it if they wanted.

My original suggestion didn't say people with max gear don't get anything for winning. It is that they need to win to get a worth while amount while someone just starting out would be able to do some upgrades even if their butts are kicked every single round.

For someone who isn't well geared if you spend all day every day in skirmishes you can get some amalgam you can farm some amalgam to upgrade with(a few drops per match). However you will not have time left to farm the loot converters or go to astral to get the upgraders and gold needed for the other side of the process.

As something to add to the skirmishes for those who need to dominate if either of my suggestions were used. Add weekly leader boards showing their domination in skirmishes. This will let them show their epeen without making it so everyone else is unable to gear up and compete with them. Players who are truly interested in PVP actually like competition so more competition would make the game better.