You are not logged in.

Sunday, April 13th 2014, 10:27am

SΛΤΗΩ

Intermediate

• "SΛΤΗΩ" started this thread

Time unification

Hi,
Since the merge of all severs we have some problems with coordinate Skrimishes, raids etc.due to multiple time zones of our members. It would be nice to make the in-game time unified, lets say to UTC time, so when we say 5pm we mean 5pm no matter of the members time zone.
Not everyone is using Addontools addon to show server time. Also, the calendar shows only our PC time (which is zone dependent) and so does the guild tab for signing in to Dominion fights.
It's hard to set a suitable time for everyone as it is, and the time disagreements cause more confusion. A unified time would help a lot.

Sunday, April 13th 2014, 11:21am

I think "path of least resistance" for you would be just making everyone download and use AddonTools. Put it in the guild message or something, it's next to no effort at all and benefit would be great.

Sunday, April 13th 2014, 12:09pm

Pochtron

Intermediate

Another tip is to use an in-game event (AOD for example) and setup the meeling like "1h before first AOD" since its time is localized for each player.

Sunday, April 13th 2014, 5:27pm

Or make a guild site with the event listed, with a count down and stuff like that.

Although, I think an option to check the server time in the game, without an addon, is a must.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Sunday, April 13th 2014, 11:49pm

SΛΤΗΩ

Intermediate

• "SΛΤΗΩ" started this thread

I think "path of least resistance" for you would be just making everyone download and use AddonTools. Put it in the guild message or something, it's next to no effort at all and benefit would be great.

True but not everyone likes addons. :D

Another tip is to use an in-game event (AOD for example) and setup the meeling like "1h before first AOD" since its time is localized for each player.

It's tricky since AODs are server time, and ppl see 5pm on the scrimish screen and think that it's 5 pm on their PC.

Or make a guild site with the event listed, with a count down and stuff like that.

Although, I think an option to check the server time in the game, without an addon, is a must.

Yeah, in theory. In practice we have that, we also have the timer set to UTC time on our forum, but which player would bother to look at forum when they are in-game :D

Monday, April 14th 2014, 1:20am

Hello,

Server time is CET (which is almost always GMT+1).
Hope this will help :/.

To be more precise :
Winter CET :
Time zone offset: UTC + 1 hour
CET is 1 hour ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)
Note that most places observe daylight saving time/summer time during summer, and are therefore using CEST instead in the summer. See below for details.

Summer CEST (from end of March to October)
Time zone offset: UTC + 2 hours
CEST is 2 hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)
Note that CEST is a daylight saving time/summer time zone. It is generally only used during the summer in the places listed below, during the winter CET is used instead

I played on *far away* servers for other games in the past. Time zone offset is something you get used to, when you know what is the server time :).

I thought that the calendar shows you exact event's time depending on your time, not server time ?

Good luck to teach your guildmates about time zones !
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Monday, April 14th 2014, 4:37am

Xaraman

Trainee

The fact that there are so many players playing over so many different time zones should necessitate the need for one combined time zone for the game.

UTC is the obvious choice.

But co-ordination needs to happen from the start. There should be a way of checking server time in-game so there is a way for guilds to organise events in reference to server time.

Rate this thread