You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, April 14th 2014, 5:32pm

ValekLost

Trainee

• "ValekLost" started this thread

Runic Curse, this (un)known enemy

Sorry to open a specific thread about the Runic Curse, but since the old GPotato portal is down with all its discussions and with almost no other resource about the RC on the web (I find something around, but it could be outdated or not-so-correct) I think it could be useful in particular for the future new players to know what it is, even more if they want to play as off/fullhealers.

So..what is the Runic Curse?
I ask to more experienced players, because I'm ignorant as well :S
I've read it is the difference between the attacker's runes and of his target's. The higher the difference, the more the healings are reflected.
In that discussion, in fact, some healers were complaining about players of dps classes like warriors only caring about of off runes to improve their dps and not def ones, decreasing in that way the healing power of healers.

But Autopsyst says it doesn't work in this way, as reply to another thread.

So, may someone explain how this annoying malus works?
Thank you very much :)

Thakalek
Arisen Summoner ~ Lv 60
<Pirati Astrali>
From [ITA] server :|

"Oh my GOSH! FROGS! Frogs EVERYWHERE on this SHIP! And they're ALL CHASINGMEAHHHH!" [Me, during every Archdemon event ._.]

Monday, April 14th 2014, 5:37pm

Xaraman

Trainee

As far as I have been told, runic curse is caused when you have different level runes fitted. To stop runic curse happening, you have to have all your runes the same level.

I could be wrong though. If anyone knows for certain, I'm sure they'll post.

Cheers!

Monday, April 14th 2014, 5:57pm

Runes

What is a Rune Curse?
How to reduce the influence of Rune Curse?
Answers to frequently asked questions.
What is the Curse of Rune

Curse of Rune (hereinafter - RP) - the percentage of incoming healing cuts, depending on runes you attacking the enemy.
RP introduced to compensate the decrease of incoming damage the protective runes and increase outbound healing relatively attacking runes treating your character.
What would have happened if it had not acted RP?
Suppose you have a protective rune 8 steps and you will heal the character with attacking runes 6 stages. In this case, no RP, you would get an almost threefold increase in treatment, because damage to you much less, and treatment - more. In PvP, it would lead to the fact that the fighting dragged on for a long time and sometimes would not end with someone's death, but merely interrupted. In PvE, this would lead to the fact that many classes can go it alone adventure designed for the group.

How to reduce the influence of the Curse Rune

To ER is not as strongly influenced by the success of your adventure is more fundamental approach to the choice of attending a character in your group.
And also you should not rush into battle without restoring vitality to 100% see it is a numeric value, for 299 of 300, is 100% (rounded), and the RP to you is still valid.

Answers to frequently asked questions

Question: If True Rune Curse when hitting the ground?
Answer: None.

Question: Do the protective runes on the strength of RP?
Answer: On the virtue of RP is influenced only by attacking runes.

Q: How long does the ER?
Answer: disappears when the full restoration of the character's health, like any wound.

Q: How is calculated the power of RP in a mass PvP?
Answer: The average rate on the strength of RC members all attack PvP, but takes into account the value of the damage done by each player.

Q: Is there a rune from monsters?
Answer: None. They have a modifier, a bit similar to the runes, but performs a different function than the function of the runes at players. Also, this modifier determines the strength of the blend of Poland.

Taken from Russian Allods webiste, google translation too lazy to properly translate.
Name: Kappa Server: Evolution Faction: Empire Guild: Ascendancy (Nezeb)

Discord: Kappa#0262

Twitch

YouTube

Monday, April 14th 2014, 6:19pm

If i understood that correct, they want to say;
"Dont forget to spend money for ur defensive runes cause if u try to survive with 10/7 or 9/6 runes we can find a way to push u for spending more money for higher defensive runes"...!

Monday, April 14th 2014, 6:41pm

dragonsvk8

Intermediate

"Also, this modifier determines the strength of the blend of Poland."

interesting :D
Back and rolling on 6.0!

My Youtube Channel
Summoner PvP guide 5.0.0

Monday, April 14th 2014, 6:45pm

runic curse is like the old wound complexity / intuition system
its the same thing but measured by the level of runes

the higher the runes are the harder healing for the target is

the higher the defensive runes are the easier is it to recieve a proper amount of healing

sum it up: the higher your runes are the better it is

by the way: even if you heal a player with 6x level 13 runes he will still lose heal due to "rune-woundcomplexity" aka runic curse
so its just reduced but cannot be nullified

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 9:13am

So if my combat logs show the effects of the Runic Curse when I heal myself of PvE damage, what causes that? (Historically, I've had slightly higher runes on attack than on defense.)
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 9:51am

Artuditu

Trainee

LOL What does Poland have to do with Runic Curse? Google Translator never ceases to amaze me :D

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 5:38pm

Autopsyst

Trainee

the higher the defensive runes are the easier is it to recieve a proper amount of healing
defensive runes have no effect on recEIving healing
I don't like you, you don't like me
Its not likely that we'll ever be friends
Why pretend?

They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Wednesday, April 16th 2014, 2:25pm

ValekLost

Trainee

I think he means the def runes of the healer who's healing in that moment.
...I think.

So, let's see if I understood well:

def runes of the healer > atk runes of his target = the healer works fine. No RC and is even "in credit" because his runes are higher than the target's.
def runes of the healer = atk runes of his target = the healer works fine but not so fine as above. Some RC scrap's present but nothing of important.
def runes of the healer < atk runes of his target = the healer begin to work in a worse way. Higher the gap, lesser the heals.

How I reduce/delete it from one of my target?
Restoring to 100% his health.

What it's not clear to me is:

- if I don't restore the health to 100% and my target continues to take damage, the RC increases and my heals will be reflected more and more?
- do the atk runes of the attacker(s) of the character I try to heal, influence the RC increasing it?

I thank Barut for the text, but there points a little bit confusing. Maybe someone has understood better than me :D

In the end...the core of this matter is: if u are a healer, if u want to try to be really efficient, you should have all your runes at least the same level of the ppl you have to heal.
While dps can easily have a gap (like 8/7 or 7/5) even penalizing a bit their defense, we are virtually forced to have atk high (to enhance the power of our heals) and the def high as well (to reduce the RC on our targets).

All this without considering the difference in gear/glyphs level between "who should be healed" and "who should heal him".

Am I right or I didn't understand anything of nothing?

Thakalek
Arisen Summoner ~ Lv 60
<Pirati Astrali>

"Oh my GOSH! FROGS! Frogs EVERYWHERE on this SHIP! And they're ALL CHASINGMEAHHHH!" [Me, during every Archdemon event ._.]

Thursday, April 17th 2014, 6:38pm

Autopsyst

Trainee

Jeez how many i should say it.
Defence runes plays NO effect at all. and the runes of the attacked person has no effect at all too. Rune curse do not take into account the def runes.
I don't like you, you don't like me
Its not likely that we'll ever be friends
Why pretend?

They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Thursday, April 17th 2014, 8:57pm

ValekLost

Trainee

Quoted

Suppose you have a protective rune 8 steps and you will heal the character with attacking runes 6 stages. In this case, no RP, you would get an almost threefold increase in treatment, because damage to you much less, and treatment - more.

I talk about def runes because reading this part of Barut's text it seems def runes play part of the game.

I read something like "if you (healer) have 8lv def runes and try to heal a character with 6lv atk runes, you have no RC"
So I suppose ..in a reversed situation (a healer with 6lv def runes and his target with 8lv atk runes) would be present the RC.

if not, why mention them? Oo

Btw sorry, I don't want to be rude (and I apologize in case it seems to be this way)..but so, in what way works this Runic Curse?
is it like Saraman said?

Quoted

runic curse is caused when you have different level runes fitted. To stop runic curse happening, you have to have all your runes the same level.

So you have a full set of runes to avoid RC (like 777 777 or 888 888, and so on)?

Because before I was confused, but now with these "def runes are not involved" "the rune of the attacked person are not involved" I'm even more disoriented. No one said for sure why and when RC pops up<.<

Barut's text could be very useful but Google translator mess the translation from Russian up and I surely I won't to ask Barut to translate it.

Thakalek
Arisen Summoner ~ Lv 60
<Pirati Astrali>

Monday, April 28th 2014, 10:17pm

I've been trying to understand what exactly this is for ages.. so many different replies ... bah... my head is in a bit of a muddle. :pinch: 8|

[Paradisos] :love:
I know my signature is old, but I like it.

Monday, April 28th 2014, 10:32pm

Barut's text could be very useful but Google translator mess the translation from Russian up and I surely I won't to ask Barut to translate it.

hahaha indeed :S ^^

Monday, April 28th 2014, 10:34pm

It's weird because, on P2P server this runic curse does not exist. Keep me posted on what happen's next week on, "As the curse turn's."

But it wouldn't make sense if runic curse existed in P2P.. I mean, as far as I know there are no runes there.
Unless you were just trying to be funny :pinch:

Monday, April 28th 2014, 11:55pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

It's weird because, on P2P server this runic curse does not exist. Keep me posted on what happen's next week on, "As the curse turn's."

Not sure what you are smoking or if they changed it this last patch (cant figure out how to turn combat log on) but there is runic curse on the P2P server. Just cause there is no runes don't mean that they took that aspect out.

This screen shot was taken at the opening of the P2P NA server