You are not logged in.

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 1:17pm

Need some tips for a support build

Currently i am using Noah's build: http://eu.allodswiki.ru/calcnew/#!10!113…C!ahzzdb/FEZGYC
From: https://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pa…&threadID=10610

That build is great for pve but I am thinking that the build is missing some support stuff, like remove debuffs, for example, to do some activities.

So, i want to make a few changes, taking in account that i don't have all the rubies. I want to focus mostly on pve (raids: SP, easy and maybe normal), but add some pvp stuff for some skirmishes and dominion.

I searched for some builds and found this:

http://allodswiki.ru/calc/#!10!112.3..3.…myfcb/RMUOSWAUT
http://www.allodswiki.ru/calc#!10!112.3.…thacb/HZSOSWAUT
http://www.allodswiki.ru/calc#!10!112.3.…pyfcb/PXDHAIBUT

This builds look nice but would like to know the rotations and the best ways to use some of the skills like the teleportation thing and how to use the different buffs, taking in account that can't use all of them at the same time.

Thx for the tips.

Friday, March 24th 2017, 2:09pm

rozetri

Intermediate

For starters, I think you're trying to do too much at once. Trying to combine both PvE AND PvP into the same spec is going to leave yourself spread too thin to be effective at either. What you really want to do is have a PvE spec and then with Greatness have a second spec for PvP. This means without a VoD you will not have a DPS spec, but in all fairness, most parties want someone that can provide support. Getting a stray DPS is rarely a problem, but support specs are in short supply. The good news is that while a PvE-optimized support spec isn't optimal for PvP, it is actually useable. I'd like to suggest the following build.

http://www.allodswiki.ru/calc#!10!113.3.…qyfcb/RKNUMFJVP

The concept here is fairly simple, you want to put up an offensive buff and device spam with your turret, wormhole, and mechanical trap. These devices are mostly used for the damage off Air Support and Self-Destruct, you do not usually need to use the targeting skill first. If the mob has a puri-able DoT or debuff, try to reserve your Medical Emergency to help with that, but otherwise you can add it to your device spam. Your typical DPS rotation is very simple, though, you just fire Grapeshot twice, Frag Grenade if it's off cooldown, and then Mana Burst ASAP. With 500 swiftness and Temporal Acceleration up, this is easy to do and Mana Burst will be available almost as soon as you get your second Grapeshot fired.

You will notice that you have a second offensive buff in this build. In full honesty, this is optional if you have 500 swiftness, you can instead reassign the points elsewhere if you desire. But if you can't get 500 swiftness or have a stat build that goes a different direction, then the second offensive buff can help fill in the gap. While I chose Power here, you could take Treachery instead, it mostly depends on which you like more or what the party wants. Bloodlust, though, you should probably save until the tank gets low on HP or everyone starts taking a lot of damage, just so you can preserve the double heals buff for an emergency. At that point, you may have to cut back on your DPS a little to watch buff timers and try to use Medical Emergency, Iron Curtain, and Power Barrier to keep the Bloodlust buff refreshed.

Having to watch buff timers is also part of why I do not like the Teleport ruby that gives a damage buff, you start having to pay attention to too many things at once. If you can handle that, though, with TA up and 500 swiftness you can probably use that damage buff for long enough to get off a Frag Grenade, a Mana Burst, two Grapeshots, and one final Mana Burst. You'll want to do that not long after casting the TA skill, so you have plenty of time on the buff that lets you refresh the timer. You will also want to focus more on damage in your build in general, so you may have to sacrifice the rubies that improve device HP, let you sacrifice all your devices at once for Power Barrier, and also gives the party a shield when you use Power Barrier. I personally am not sure the DPS improvement is worth it, particularly given your ruby limit.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Friday, March 24th 2017, 3:21pm

First thx a lot, some great tips here, i will test later.

Atm i have a question:

Why so many rubies (3 and 3) to refresh the buffs? I mean, isn't enough with 2 and 2 at least for the offensive one (since mana burst has a low CD).

Monday, March 27th 2017, 2:55pm

rozetri

Intermediate

Having all three rubies for refreshing the offensive buff isn't 100% necessary, but there are instances where you're close to the end of being able to refresh the buff but don't have temp to spend on Burst or it's still on cooldown. You won't run into that problem if you have two buffs, but if you're only running one then every few cycles you may have to use your turret to refresh instead of using Burst. Or, alternatively, you throttle your DPS a little so you can ensure the timing on firing off Burst at the last moment you can. At the end of the day, you'll still only be ~3-5s without an offensive buff up if your timing is off, but that can mean a lot if your party is also relying on the speed buff from TA to get out of danger in time.

For the defensive buff, you absolutely need three ways of refreshing it if you want to keep it going constantly. Even then, you have to do a lot of timing to make sure you have a skill refreshed in time for reapplying the buff. It's rather difficult to keep your defensive buff running, though, which is why I tend to reserve its use for when the 2x heal buff needs to be applied.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky