You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, April 19th 2014, 1:30pm

[PMB] Bloodraven's scout guide

Hi, IGN Bloodraven, from Smuggler's Paradise P2P server.

There aren't many things to be said about me, but since it is required, I will tell you some. I've been playing scout for the most part of my allods career, starting from CB1 up until 3.0 Game of the gods expansion on with I picked up playing my paladin reincarnation for a while up until the release of the P2P server back on NA.

Once P2P server went live, needless to say I went back to the class I played the most, scout.

A scout's role is a party is simple. DPS. That was the only role they gave us, and the only one we'll ever have, and if that wasn't clear enough already, that's the role that I will explain in this entry for you today.

Before starting my guide, I would like to briefly explain the new stat system, especialy the offensive stat points grid.

Vigor - A flat damage and healing increase stat. Can be increased by gear, glyphs, and from certain rubies.

Stamina - The counterpart of Vigor, Stamina is a flat increase in your hitpoints. Like Vigor, it can be increased by gear, glyphs and rubies.

Besides the two main stats, we have 8 new "secondary ones". Each of the following stats can be increased by upgrading gear, by certain rubies, or other items ( for example, alchemy pots, elixirs, stats recieved from leveling etc. )

Proficiency - Much like Vigor, it will increase your damage and healing done by a certain %. One of the two main stats that I recommend spending points in. The more you have, the more damage you'll do, pretty simple.

Determination - Determination will increase your damage output by a certain percent ( depending how mnay points you have invested in it ) as you get hit. Since as a scout your #2 job is to not get hit in PvE or PvP ( #1 being to DPS ), I would advise against stacking points in Determination, as it is only valuable to those who tend to get hit a lot ( FH's, tanks ).

Brutality - The second main stat that I reccomend spending points in along with Proficiency. Brutality will increase your damage done to a target as it's HP bar goes lower. For example, by stacking more Brutality, I will do more damage to my target if it's HP bar is at 30% compared to a target who has 100% HP. Highly usefull.

Vitality - A counterpart to Proficiency as Stamina is to Vigor, Vitality will increase your hitpoints by a percent determined by how many points you have spent into this. A defensive stat.

Willpower - In 5.0 a new change has come to this stat, before only being able to decrease the time one person can be under a crowd-controll ability, now it being able to nulify incoming cc's directed at you along with giving immunity to cc's for a certain duration. Increasing your Willpower will result in more time of immunity from crowd controll skills. Very usefull in PvP.

Bloodlust - The 3rd deffensive stat. that you can increase, Bloodlust will heal you for a part of the damage you deal ( more points into Bloodlust meaning more self-heal per each hit ). It's not bad, but it's not awesome either. No matter how much damage you deal, you won't be able to heal yourself through Bloodlust without the aid of a FH, so consider the healing from Bloodlust as an added bonus.

The new expansion didn't bring significant major changes to the scout class, but it did change a lot the stat system of the game itself. Nontheless, I will list here the few minor changes we recieved once 5.0 patch went live :

1) Scout's ability "Smoke Cloud" ( ) can no longer hide characters affected by warrior's ability battle frenzy - pretty much self-explanatory.

2) Scout's ruby "Piercing Blows" ( ) now increases critical chance of all abilities by 3% per ruby ( 15% with all 5 rubies ). - Before patch, each ruby gave a 20% increase in critical chance accumulating to a maximum of 100% increase in critical hit chances on all abilities. Following the new stat. point changes, luck atribute was removed from gear sets ( now only avaiable through relics ), making for a more balanced gear system.

Even if it seems like a nerf, it is actually pretty amazing. It means that while all the other classes have a base luck ( and crit chances ) that they can not pass, we get a flat 15% increase in our critical chances. Still definetly worth taking in every build you could think of.

3) Scout's ability "Quickened Reflexes" ( ) no longer increases chance to dodge. Now it reduces energy of Recoil, Somersault, Speed of the Damned & it's upgrade, Supernatural speed by 33/66/100%.

Before patch, this set of rubies used to increase your chance to doge attacks by 33/66/100% AND reduce the energy cost of the skills mentioned above. Along with 5.0 update and the removal of the dodge system inside the game however, these rubies lost one of their atributes, and that is an increased chance to dodge. Highly valued ( by some ) before patch in PvP, these rubies have lost some of their value now. I would consider them "spare" rubies at this point.

4 ) Scout's ruby "Killer Instinct" ( ) now decreases incoming critical damage by 5/10/15 % and increases your Determination by 1/2/3 depending on the number of rubies taken.

Before patch these 3 rubies used to give a flat 5 % increase in endurance and 1% increase in finese ( per ruby ), adding to a total of 15% increase in endurance and 3% in finese if all 3 were taken. Following the new patch, these rubies were modified to fit in the new stat. system. The extra reduction of critical damage and the increased determination make them of some use in PvP, though I wouldn't make them a priority in PvE.

5 ) Scout's ruby "Master of Survival" ( ) now increases magic, nature and divine resistances by 5%/10%.

A minor buff, before patch each ruby giving 4% ( 8% with both ).

6 ) Scout's ruby "Fencing Master" ( ) now increases parry chance by 5/10/15/20% . The increase to damage dealt by melee weapons will stay the same.

Same deal as the "Piercing blows" rubies, decreasing the extra parry chance from 25% per ruby ( total of 100% with all 4 rubies ) to 5% per ruby.

7 ) Stat. point rubies : Before 5.0, each of these following rubies increased a certain stat. point once taken. Following the latest update, everything remained the same, but instead of the old points, these rubies will now increase one of the new stats ( proficency, brutality etc. ).

Here we have the following rubies :

A ) "Uncanny accuracy" ( ) rubies with will increase your Proficency by 3/6/9%.

B ) "Cruelty" ( http://i41.tinypic.com/11w36mf.jpg ) rubies with will increase your Anger by 4/8/12%.

C ) "Athlete" ( ) rubies with will increase your Vigor by 3/6/9%.

D ) "Mental Resistance" ( ) rubies with will increase your Willpower by 4/8/12% ( along with the reduction of fear/disorientation/blind effects by 8/16/25% )

With the changes that came with the new expansion out of the way, I'd like to present you the optimal PVE ranged dps spec you can have with the minimal ruby and talent points needed.

After each talent and ruby, I will explain it's usefulness in different situation and the rank you should have in a PVE ranged spec.

Due to the limited number of posts I can create for this event entry being 4 ( and limited charachters in a post being 10k ) I will not be able to write an in-deph Scout guide as I initialy wanted to, so I am forced to cut down a lot of info and limit myself to only explaining the PVE ranged spec Rubies and Talent Points.

After this event is done however, I will attach another few posts to this thread explaining everything I have missed in this original PMB entry, including a different section for melee builds and explanations for all the Talent Points/Rubies that come with it along with other useful information.

Talent Tree section :

Steady Shot and its upgrade Intuitive Shot- Deals ranged damage to a single target. Increase in ranks will result in more damage. Has a 30% chance of reseting your Double Shot skill ( see below ).

Highly usefull in all ranged builds, both PvE and PvP. R3 recommended.

Tranquil Arrow - The third and last skill from the Talent Tree grid that you can't avoid having at least rank 1 in it by design ( besides Vicious Blow and Steady Shot ).

Puts a debuff that will decrease the movement speed of the target by 5% per stack ( Rank 1 applies 11 stacks /Rank 2 applies 13 stacks/Rank 3 applies 15 stacks ) lasting for 12 seconds.

Very useful skill in all aspects of the game as it helps a lot with kiting, especially while leveling One of our "trademark" skills that hasn't been changed much during the last years. What rank you decide to take into this skill depends on your preference and playstyle.
For glory.

This post has been edited 13 times, last edit by "Bloodraven" (May 8th 2014, 11:34am)

Saturday, April 19th 2014, 1:30pm

Incendiary Arrow- Shoots an arrow that will put a DOT on your target lasting for the next 12 seconds - can have a maximum of 3 stacks adding to a total of 36 seconds without reapplying the DOT.

Incendiary Arrow will always hold a top 3 spot in your most damaging skills on a single target fight ( or AOE ) and therefore I recommend maxing this skill out in your PvE build. Very useful in PvP aswell, besides it's amazing damage over time, this skill can't be blocked by protection skills like Mage's Reflections or Summoner's Blood Aegis.

Always make sure you have 3 stacks of Incend. arrow on your target at all times and enough Incendiary Arrows in your quiver to reapply it again when needed.

Ranging Fire - Shoots an arrow that applies "under the aim" effect on your target. Under the aim effect will increase your damage done to that target with Steady/Intuitive Shot, Double Shot & Incendiary Arrow by 15%. Can only be cast from a distance of at least 8 yards from the target.

Increasing this talent will result in shorter energy costs on it. It's usefulness is based on it's ability to increase other skills' damage, so taking it is mandatory in PVE activities - at least endgame ones. Recommend rank 3 for PVE and depending on your build r0-3 in pvp.

Caltrops - Throws a handfull of steel spikes on the ground in a 8/10/12 yard radious ( depending on rank ) that will knock enemies down if they move inside them. Increasing this skill will result in a wider range of the caltrops field. Cooldown 1 minute at all ranks.

A very useful skill in both PVE and PVP regardless or rank, caltrops is one of our main kiting tools. Recommend rank 3 in PVE just for the increased radious of the effect ( and giving your tank a few extra seconds ) + allowing you to hit more enemies in AOE pulls with the caltrops rubies ( see Ruby section ).

Maxing this skill out is however not required while leveling or in pvp, so the number of points you decide to spend in those situations is up to you. However since I consider this skill so great and because it can fit in any situation, I would recommend geting at least rank 1 of it in any build you decide to make.

Hasty Disguise - Invisibility skill. Renders you invisible for 8/10/12 seconds depending on the rank. While under invisibility your movement speed will be decreased, and casting any other ability will remove the invisibility effect .

Ranking this skill up in
PVE beyond R1 is optional. You will only need it if your tank lost agro of the trash pull/boss and you got agro of it.

Ranking up this skill in PVP depends again of the build you made and your personal preference, however I would not recommend taking r3 of this skill without taking the "Quietness" rubies.

Recoiland its upgrade Somersault - Melee skill that allows you to jump away backwords from the direction of your target, stunning them.

Another great skill for kiting, both for the excellent gap it creates between you and your target and for the applied knockdown. Can be used in numerous ways, from chaining it with rapid fire / speed of the damned - rend to just another kiting ability.

Would recommend at least R1 in PVE, R2-3 in PVP.

Precision Shot - This skill is somewhat unique in the game, as increasing the rank of it will give you a new skill.

R1 will give you a Precision Shot to the legs that will knockdown your target.

R2 will give you a Precision Shot to the arm that will disarm your target.

R3 will give you a Precision Shot to the throat that will silence your target.

Cooldown is 40 seconds at all ranks, and using any of the Precision Shots will put the other 2 on cooldown aswell. R1 is all you need in PVE for the knockdown in order to chain it with Rapid Fire, however the disarm/silence that come with having R3 of this skill are highly useful in PVP, so R3 is advised in those situations.

Tesla Arrow - Shoots an arrow that damages your target and all enemies in a 5 yard radious of your target.

Pretty straight-forward skill. Increasing the rank will result in higher damage. Your main AOE spell, R3 in PVE being a must.

Rapid Fire - Shoots 5 arrows in rapid succession, each arrow damaging the target and increasing any knockdown effect on said target by 2 seconds

R2/3 of this skill will increase the damage done by the arrows. R3 recommended for every PVE spec, as it is one of your main damage dealers.

Intensive Training- Restores 12 energy and 1% mana to all party members every 30/15/8 seconds depending on what rank you take in this skill.

You have 2 choices, either skip this skill completely or take R3 of it, there is no middle ground.

I would only recommend NOT taking this skill if you are already in a premade party in with this skill is not needed, thing that is highly unlikely. Therefore your best bet is to always have this skill maxed up, since it helps so much with energy regen.

Onslaught - Increases movement speed and decreases cast time. Decreases the cooldown and energy cost of all spells. While under the effect of Onslaught, all spells can be used while moving. Requires "Tears of the Dragon".

R3 recommended for the decreased cooldown of it, allowing you to cast this skill more often.

For glory.

This post has been edited 17 times, last edit by "Bloodraven" (May 8th 2014, 9:58am)

Saturday, April 19th 2014, 1:31pm

Ruby Section :

Vicious Blow ruby tree:

Razer Rush - A conical melee-range AoE. It only hits the targets in front of you. This skill deals decent damage, and was taken in my PVE ranged spec. for the extra AOE damage it provides.

Art of Death - Increases the damage dealt to a target below 30% HP. Flat damage increase after your target is below 30%, very useful set of rubies.

Unity - Applies a buff to a single target in your party that increases their maximum HP by 15%. The HP is increased by an additional 15% per nearby party member. There can only be one Fervor buff per party.

Will To Live - Passively increases Stamina and healing recieved by 5% per ruby ( total of 15% ).

Steady Shot ruby tree :

Crippling Shot - A physical DoT that ticks every two seconds. The duration increases if the enemy moves. It can be used at boss fights for added single target damage, especialy if the tank is required to move the boss.

Patience - Increases the duration and damage of Ranging Fire effect. In addition it increases its cast time by 33% per ruby.

Marksmanship
- Increases the damage dealt by Steady Shot and Solid Shot by 4% per ruby

Serrated Arrows
- Increases the damage of Double Shot by 6% per ruby.

Swift Fletching
- Decreases the time needed for enchanting arrows. ( instant recast when all 3 rubies are taken ).

Quick Recharge
- Instantly grants you three arrows of each type. 2m cooldown.

Enlarged Quiver
- Increases the amount of arrows you can hold to 5 / 7.

Eagle Vision
- Increases the maximum range by 4 yards and damage of all abilities by 2% per ruby to a max. of 12 extra yards and 6% more damage.

Secret Knowledge
- Increases the damage dealt by Incendiary and Tesla Shots.

Destructive Shots
- Increases the damage dealt by Rapid Fire.

Subtle Fingers
- Decreases the energy cost of Double Shot.

Physical Reserve
- If Steady or Solid Shot resets the cooldown timer of Double Shot, you are refunded part of the energy cost.

Spiked Balls - All targets inside the Caltrops will recieve aditional damage every 2 seconds they spend under the Caltrops effect.

Poisoned Arrow - Shoots an arrow that paralyzes the target for 30 seconds. The aflicted target will get imunity to the arrow after the first 30 seconds are gone. Target must be at 95% HP or higher for the stun to take place. 30 s cooldown.
For glory.

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Bloodraven" (May 8th 2014, 10:49am)

Saturday, April 19th 2014, 1:33pm

Tranquil Arrow ruby tree :

Rapid Heartbeat - Passively increases your energy regeneration rate. Stacks with Aura of Restoration.

Accumulated Heat - Your Lunge, Thrust, Steady Shot, and Solid Shot have a chance to apply a physical DoT to the target.

Piercing Blows- Increases the chance of a critical hit of all skills by 3% per ruby ( 15% total ).

Offensive stat. rubies found in all 3 grids :

& - First one increases your Proficiency, second one increases your Vigor. Both rubies are worth taking.

Direct layout for the full ranged DPS build :

If you find yourself having extra talent points or rubies to add ( with I am sure you will, since I used the minimal talent points/rubies for this build ) you can always take optional stuff like sambo roll for an extra knockdown, R2 vanish for shorter cooldown, or, ruby wise, Will to live rubies for extra HP/increased healing.

Optimal PVE offensive stats :

Since Determination and Anger are not needed in the PVE side of the game, you'll want to maximize Proficiency and Brutality as much as you can, trying to hold a balance of 60-40 ratio or 55-45 or 50-50 between them ( with Proficiency holding the higher edge ).

World Mysteries skills :

Bag of Tricks - Resets the cooldowns of Quick Attack and Blink Attack. Completely removes the cast time for the next five Branding Shots, Steady Shots, Solid Shots, or Double Shots.

Escape Artist - Removes all movement impairing effects and grants immunity to them for five seconds. This skill is further enhanced by rubies.

Gift of Tensess - Out-of-combat resurrection spell for same faction players. Twenty hour cooldown. All classes receive this spell.

Racial skills :

Xadaganians, Gibberlings, Orcs, and Kanians each have their own unique and race-specific spell. However, with the introduction of the "Book of Ancestral Secrets" from the cash shop, it's possible to receive all racial spells. Cooldowns are shared.

Sinister Throw (Xadaganian) - A conical melee-range AoE. Works like Razer Rush. Deals a huge amount of physical damage.

Crafty Snare (Gibberlings) - A medium-range single target spell. Tosses a net on the target, making it unable to move for five seconds.

Mighty Leap (Orc) - Melee range. Jumps forward thirty yards.

Explosive Shot (Kanian) - A radial long-range AoE. Works like Tesla Shot. Deals a huge amount of fire damage.

PVE rotations :

Single target - You will always want to start with a Ranging Fire as it increases damage of all your subsequent heavy-hitting range spells, followed by 1 incendiary arrow + double shot + solid shot followed by the 2nd and 3rd incendiary arrow once the 1st ones' stack is at 9 seconds.

Use Bag of tricks + Onslaught at the start of the fight and right after that an energy potion ( increases your energy regen for 18 seconds, check with an alchemyst if you are not able to make it ). If you find yourself with an abundance of energy after casting Double Shot/Solid shot ( usualy if you use bow ) it is perfectly acceptable to cast one Tesla Arrow to get rid of the extra energy. Remember, energy not spent is wasted DPS.

Crippling Shot can also be cast whenever it's off cd. and you feel you can spare 25 points, however do NOT cast Crippling or Tesla if your solid or double shot are off cd and you can cast them instead.

If your solid shot proc'd Double Shot, cast a double shot instead. If not, continue casting Solid Shots while keeping your incend stacks up.

If Double Shot didn't reset in a while and cooldown on it is on 6-7 seconds or below, cast Rapid Fire ( 4 seconds cast time ) in order to regain energy, reapply Incend Arrow if needed and then cast Double Shot with should be off cd.

It is very important to know when to reapply an Incendiary Arrow in order to hold 3 stacks on your target and maximize your DPS. Note that Incendiary Arrow will do damage 4 times each stack - If you shoot 1 Incend. Arrow timer will start at 12 seconds, and the damage will only proc once the time reaches 9,6,3 and 0 seconds. That is the time when it's ideal for you to reapply your incendiary arrow stacks ( preferably at 3 or 0 ).

It will take some time to get used to it, especially because Incend Arrow has no cast time BUT it has a "flight" time, meaning it will apply the arrow 0.5-1 second after you cast it. Knowing when to reapply your Incendiary Arrow stack is crucial to maximize your DPS.

AOE dps rotations :

Always give some time to the tank for him to grab agro of the pull especially if its more than 3 mobs ( and if tank is a paladin ), preferebly 5 seconds atleast.

Start by puting 3 stacks of incendiary arrow on a mob while tank grabs agro ( the 5 seconds at the start ) then use Tesla arrow while moving forward to the pull. Tab to the 2nd mob and put 3 stacks of incendiary arrow on him aswell all the while spamming tesla ( incend -> tesla -> incend -> tesla ).

By the time you have your incend running on 2 targets you should already be in melee range. Once you're there, drop caltrops, use kanian/xadagian racials if they are avaiable then start a tesla/fan of knives combo. AOE pulls are the only reason to why I picked fan of knives in my PVE spec, as since last patch dodge system was removed, fan of knives is a pretty decent AOE as it cannot be dodged by mobs.

By the time you run out of teslas the pack should be dead. If it isn't, you have 2 options, recraft tesla arrows and continue to AOE or Somersault away and single target the remaining mobs.

This concludes my PMB entry. As I said in the first post of the topic, I am restrained by the rules of the event ( mainly by the number of posts allowed per entry ) to introduce here other build styles ( melee, pvp, leveling and others ) but once it's done I will come back and edit this guide again.

For glory.

This post has been edited 7 times, last edit by "Bloodraven" (May 8th 2014, 11:35am)

Saturday, April 19th 2014, 6:03pm

its a HUGE buff to scouts that you cannot miss any longer

i love that...

before it was always hard to get the right amount of expertise without neglecting the other stats :(

Monday, April 21st 2014, 6:52am

i love that...

before it was always hard to get the right amount of expertise without neglecting the other stats :(
The old stats were beyond easy to figure out nor was it hard to balance them. The no dodge is a bit of a blessing for some classes, but It makes it very had for scouts to fight the heavy hitters like warriors, it is still entirely possible to kill them but it makes it alittle more tricky, also with the fact that blade storm is nerfed, that was a huge downer for scouts, but I guess I can understand the reasoning to it. Scouts do some crazy damage output even as melee due to the new crit system. Somethings are better, some are worse. It's still about the same as last patch after changing the pros and cons
I do not answer to mods, only official staff on payroll

Monday, April 21st 2014, 11:21am

i love that...

It was never hard to balance expertise. I'll explain my ruby and talent choice later on especialy for my PvE spec and how the removal of dodge affects it.
For glory.

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 11:36am

Aaand done for now, happy reading. This thread is open to sugestions and opinions, if you have something to say or ask, go ahead, I'm here to answer.
For glory.

Friday, May 9th 2014, 11:09am

I don't know a lot about Scouts but this guide looks well written and informative :)