You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, April 20th 2014, 9:10am

Upgrading level 60 gear: how to get started?

I reached level 60 and picked up the quest to go to Wellebell. So far, so good. I picked up some quests from the NPCs near the entrance, and went in search of things to kill to start gathering stuff. Whoops, bad mistake! I'm a Xada summoner, and I got a bit far in to the edge of the monstered zone (found a spot where some mobs hadn't re-popped :( ), and they surrounded me and played ping-pong with my corpse...

So I tried again this morning, and stayed very close to the edge of the danger zone, but got stomped pretty quick by a treant.

So obviously I'm doing something wrong. I have a mix of level 56/57 crafted epics and a few bits of legendary 51 from old-style mercenary beginner Astral runs with non-upgradable glyphs.

So, should I be starting with Wellebell or should I be going out into the Astral? If the latter, is there still a mercenary Astral run available somewhere, or have I completely missed the point somewhere?

(Before you ask, no, I can't ask in my guild. We have 14 members of whom only I and the leader are still playing, and we are almost never online at the same time and even then only for fifteen seconds as one of us logs in and the other logs out. Also, the leader's character is still only level 55.)

Thanks in advance for any useful advice you can give.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Sunday, April 20th 2014, 9:26am

Ok so welebele is a friendly party zone pretty much works awesome forming a party and farming .In there you get basic greend that with the drops from astral you upgrade them ( astral only drops upgraders for the gear you get in welebele )
What you can do is this figure what basic gear you need farm it / buy it from vendor go astral to upr your gear .From what i notice epic crafted is good till you get like epics from astral .hope this helps you have fun.

Sunday, April 20th 2014, 9:39am

skullskaldy

Beginner

In wellebel you can find the new basic gear.
For upgraders you can either go to astral or you can buy boxes in wellebel as well in exchange for [uncommon loot]

Wellebel has 3 areas:
1. Solo area:
This is the first part if you go in the wilderness. Here you should be able to kill a mob alone (1 at a time) or you find/make a group and farm them faster by killing a few at a time. Here you can do the quest for green glyphs and for legendary upgraders.
This area also gives blue [particles of serendipity] (not sure if this is the correct name though)
you can combine 100 of these to get a random blue [refractor] with +20%/+30%/+50% loot from boxes. (USE : see astral)

2. Easy group area:
The second part (and third part) of wellebel contains blue elite mobs. For these mobs you need to make a group and kill them 1 at a time.
Killing these mobs will allow you to get epic [particles of serendipity] these ones can be combined to get +50%/+75%/+100%

3. Hard group area:
This is the part most far from the teleporter. For these mobs you need either a good group or you make 2 parties in a raid (only 1st party to attack gets loot, so you let the first party pull 1st mob, you kill it, 2nd party pulls another mob, and so on.
here you get legendary [particles of serendipity] +100%/+150%/+200%

Astral
General:
Once you get to an astral island you can choose what kind of loot you want to get (you can even change during the allod if you want)
You get boxes which contain random upgraders of the type of gear you choose and retention (= the new maps, you need 332 to unlock the second layer of astral and a new wellebel = forlorn)
Do not just open those boxes, farm refractors on wellebel and use them on those boxes for increased loot.

s1-s3:
This is easy astral, the amount of items you get from the boxes is restricted though, you best use a +50% [refractor] or a +50% [refractor]
if you decide to use a better item you won't get any more loot from these boxes than as with the +50% ones.

s4-5:
harder astral, best to use +100% epic or +100% legendary

s6-7:
very hard astral, best to use the +200% legendary here

If i missed something feel free to add more or ask for something.

Sunday, April 20th 2014, 9:43am

There are multiple ways in with you can aproch gear in this patch.

1) You level up a proffesion/ask other people to craft you lvl 57-8 epics, with are more than enough until you reach astral epics.

2) You ask people in world/wellbell zone chat for spots in their glyph farming or green mob farming parties, if you kill some monsters there you'll recieve base astral green loot with is still good ( or you can just buy the base astral green gear from the NPC next to the portal guy in wellbell ).

3) Go to Covert Hide in lower city, do the repetables there ( 2 of them ) until you get blue reputation gear ( it's lvl 57 or 58, forgot ). This rep gear is really helpfull if you don't have 52 myths from last patch and can make your wellbell and astral farm much easier.
For glory.

Sunday, April 20th 2014, 9:45am

OK, thanks. Am I right in saying the free-mercenary Astral runs that you used to be able to get for keys from the mercenary captain are no longer available?
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Sunday, April 20th 2014, 9:52am

skullskaldy

Beginner

yeah that doesn't exist anymore

Sunday, April 20th 2014, 5:39pm

Oracle

Intermediate

The mercenary runs will return in 5.1 :)

Until then, try and join groups in Wellebelle, look for people shouting in zone chat there or shout yourself. Maybe you could make a few friends from these who you could go to astral with too :).

Sunday, April 20th 2014, 7:14pm

ValekLost

Trainee

3) until you get blue reputation gear ( it's lvl 57 or 58, forgot ).

Outlaws' rep gear is lvl 59 ;)

Thakalek
Arisen Summoner ~ Lv 60
<Pirati Astrali>
From [ITA] server :|

"Oh my GOSH! FROGS! Frogs EVERYWHERE on this SHIP! And they're ALL CHASINGMEAHHHH!" [Me, during every Archdemon event ._.]

Sunday, April 20th 2014, 7:17pm

3) until you get blue reputation gear ( it's lvl 57 or 58, forgot ).

Outlaws' rep gear is lvl 59 ;)
Kudos.
For glory.

Monday, April 21st 2014, 12:40am

reeah19

Intermediate

i see that you have tailor lvl 60, try to make some epic armor it'll really help u they're better than old leggy for sure, if u use a vamp-lurker build u can farm 2-3 at a time with this gear, but is way faster if u look for a party

2nd u can get green gears as drops and upgrades by doing astral, or u can exchange 4 refractors of a type+1key+loot, in astral academy at merc leader, for loot that lets u buy boxes from the npc, i suggest you farm for epic refractors if u prefer changing keys like this, i prefer this way because it's save, wasted so many keys in astral killing 1-2 bosses only, so better 3-4 sure boxes per key instead of wasting time ( i dont have much time for astral thats why i prefer this way)
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Friday, September 26th 2014, 3:11am

i got 2 lvl60 crafting (blacksmith and weponesmith) i can cfaft out rear(bule) item easly but my problem is gold how to farm lvl 60 gold ?
another thing i havent done astral yet so can i do it solo or not. if not here i can find a group ?
my rune is 5 4 4 4 4 4 (i got crystal chip from from 'Dragon breader' farming) . my glyps are blue from rep quest at irdrich realy need some help :(