You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, April 21st 2014, 12:05pm

red/black ping

hello.. i have the most recent client: 5.0.00.75.1 and am having problems playing the game.

i played in allods NA before the server merge, and still am currently located here in the philippines. i've been having this problem for almost 2 weeks now, and it's really frustrating, since my net connection is fine.. please see speedtest pic.

this net connection is actually okay here in the philippines, prolly not the best, but not the worst.

prior to the merge, i never had any lag problems, even using the same net connection. during the merge, i had to contend with the necessary changes, i.e. lag and server traffic.. my allods gaming experience was fine a month after the merge and up until 2 weeks ago.. had to be content with a consistent yellow ping, but overall, still good..

2 weeks ago, i started having this problem. once i've logged in, it takes an eternity to load and all i could see for my ping was either red or black. this was even at astral academy where not many people are around.. if i go to YT, it's just black ping, red but i'd be doing a stop-dance. it got around to being ridiculous when during a run, my readiness check was at 89s. >_< please see image below..

i've read several threads in the forum in the hopes that i could have a better allods experience. to clarify, i CAN log in, but my PING is unbearably red/black.

at one thread, i followed the ping test thingy but i dunno what to do with the results:

Source code

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\eRin>ping 213.128.132.250

Pinging 213.128.132.250 with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 213.128.132.250:
	Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

C:\Users\eRin>ping 178.63.38.148

Pinging 178.63.38.148 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 178.63.38.148: bytes=32 time=367ms TTL=47
Reply from 178.63.38.148: bytes=32 time=352ms TTL=47
Reply from 178.63.38.148: bytes=32 time=367ms TTL=47
Reply from 178.63.38.148: bytes=32 time=353ms TTL=47

Ping statistics for 178.63.38.148:
	Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
	Minimum = 352ms, Maximum = 367ms, Average = 359ms

C:\Users\eRin>

anyway, these are several suggestions that i have done:
1. updated my graphics card
2. re-added allods (launcher and client) to windows firewall
3. checked for corrupted files
4. for the heck of it, deleted all temporary whatnots using CC cleaner
5. launched through my.com (after updating everything!)
6. called my ISP and had them check my net connection (about 5x) and they still gave me the thumbs up.
7. triple checked my net connection using other means: torrent-ok, other mmorpg-ok, FB-ok, youtube-ok
8. released and renewed my ipconfig
9. restarted my PC after doing 3,4,and/or 8
10. set my graphics to low

and STILL, i'm having this problem.. it's very frustrating since it is only my allods client making me hate lag. any other game, it isn't lagging..

also, this red/black ping is very bothersome since i heal. that screenshot was my last party attempt, since we failed the allod due to my stupid ping.. (it became unstable during the last half of the run)

i am hoping a MOD or a GM or any other player who experienced this problem would help me out or give me any other suggestions which i could test out..

Thanks!

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "giadda13" (Apr 21st 2014, 12:25pm) with the following reason: added ping test thingy..

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 12:26pm

tootsieroll

Beginner

Same problem here. I get red to black ping especially in maps where lots of players are in.
I can't even do AoD 'cause the moment i get in the middle of the clash, ping turns red and i can't move.

To GMs and MODs, hoping that you would find solutions for this problem.

TIA

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 3:25pm

Any update from GMs regarding this issue? I'm also experiencing red to black ping for 3 weeks now. Prior to merge (NA server) I can do streaming, download and Allods at the same time and still having green ping.
And I'm 100% sure it's not my internet connection (played other Online games and I don't see this lag issues).

My internet connection:

Any suggestions to improve Allods gaming experience is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
60 Healer
60 Warden

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "bakokangsalangit" (Apr 29th 2014, 3:34pm)

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 4:14pm

Hi there,

Sorry to say I have no real technical background, so I cannot offer any real assistance, and my current tech support guru (Dhamp) is offline while he moves house.

please submit a ticket to the support about it:
http://support.my.com/games/formTicket/?&questionId=55

Explain the issue to them and they should be able to offer some further assistance.

-Wraith
The Sky Is Not The Limit, It Is Only The Genesis Of Dreams.
General InGame Rules|| Account Ownership Rules || Forum Code Of Conduct|| Signature Rules

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 5:20pm

Xaraman

Trainee

From what i can see here, your ping is a little high. But considering you're pinging Europe from the Philippines, that's probably about right. Have you tried pinging any European servers with your speedtest site? Might give an idea of your average ping time to Europe.

It could be simply that your connection to the NA server in the US had faster ping than to this one in Europe and the ping tolerances have been reduced in the game to try and reduce lag.

Cheers!

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 5:23pm

Xaraman

Trainee

One other thing to check.

Have you completed the progressive download of the game? If not, check what files are missing. This could cause you lag. I know when I logged into the game first without the progressive download finished, it caused me insufferable lag and red/black ping.

Cheers!

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 5:25pm

Xaraman

Trainee

Oh yeah,

Can you traceroute to the my.com server and post the results here?

This might show us if you have a bottle neck somewhere in the chain to Europe.

Cheers!