You are not logged in.

Monday, April 21st 2014, 3:16pm

Reminder regarding Account and Item Trading (real money sales)

Quoted

Dear players,

We would like to remind you that selling and buying accounts or items for real money is against our Terms & Conditions, something that you agreed to during the registration process, and every time you log in.

Posting account or item selling advertisement on the chat, the forums or any other platform is also strictly forbidden. However, trading premium currency in exchange for gold is allowed.

Please note that we will be banning the account or item seller, account buyer and – if present – the selling agent.

We investigate such accounts very thoroughly and handle each case individually. So, if your account has been banned because of account or item selling, please contact the support.

If you become aware of someone selling or buying an account or item, please contact us at allods@corp.my.com and provide us with detailed information (e.g. screenshots) about the incident.

Your Allods team
The Sky Is Not The Limit, It Is Only The Genesis Of Dreams.
General InGame Rules|| Account Ownership Rules || Forum Code Of Conduct|| Signature Rules

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 12:51am

So, I read the announcement and have a question.
Posting account or item selling advertisement on the chat, the forums or any other platform is also strictly forbidden. However, trading premium currency in exchange for gold is allowed.
This indicates to me that we are not allowed to advertise the sale/purchase of items for crystals/blue crystal/gem shards. Instead, we are allowed to exchange crystals/blue crystals/gem shards for gold, and use only gold for player to player transactions. I understand that utilizing "real money" outside of the game economies would be forbidden, but this statement is confusing to me.

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 2:10pm

I sincerely hope this statement is badly worded and not actually bad. Selling items for crystals has to be allowed. Crystals, like gold, are a currency available to everyone in game, and in many cases it makes trading much more convenient. For example - I owe crystals to a person. I borrowed them to buy something, and I'll give them back soon. According to this statement, trading crystals is not allowed. Instead, what should have happened is that he should have given me the gold to buy crystals, then I buy crystals and give the gold back... but by that time, the value of gold changed, so now we have to busy ourselves with interest rates and stuff like that, to make everything fair...

Not to mention the difference in values between buying gold and buying crystals. Let's say I am selling an item for 1000 crystals. Somebody buys 1k crystals worth of gold, and pays me that. Then, if I went and bought crystals with that gold, I will get less than 1k crystals. Right now gold buying rate is ~56g and selling rate is 59g. Let's say my item sold for 56k gold. If I went and bought crystals, I get 949 crystals with that gold. So the person paid full price, and I am not getting full price. There is a ton of issues if selling items for crystals is not allowed.

And this is exactly why trading crystals and selling items for crystals should be allowed, and I think the statement refers only to selling items for real money outside of the game.

Now, my question is - is account selling for crystals allowed?
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!