You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, May 6th 2017, 12:51pm

Pros and Cons of all Classes

Hi,

I am trying to give newbies and people that are not fully happy with their class an overview of the Pros and Cons of each class so that they make the right choice classwise. The list only reflects my own impressions and people might have a different opinion. I am very thankful for every input from players that understand the mechanics of their class and are willing to contribute.

1. Warden

a. Heal Aspect
Pros: high healing potential with a lot of HoTs; has AoE heals; mid-high survivability with the right specc

b. Support Aspect
Pros: can actively heal, but not too much; mid lvl dps; all spells are Instant casts, when specced right
Cons: No AoE stuns (only slow); half of the dps comes from melee attacks; very low AoE dps

c. Attack Aspect
(Not tested yet, but seems to be no burst + cast times, meaning that this Aspect is probably most usefull in endgame pve raids; however, i cannot assess How usefull^^)

2. Paladin
(This class seems to rely a lot on cooldown reduction attribute swiftness and requires a lot of micro management as far as I have experienced)

3 (to come - Input very much appreciated)

Saturday, May 6th 2017, 4:01pm

short and incomplete, what came to my mind spontanous:

----------
Paladin
----------
+
Burstdamage
good AOE
Delayed damage recieving
-
melee / close range

----------
Warrior
----------
+
"3 button class"
best AOE in game
combination of good dmg with extreme survivability + debuffs
-
melee / close range

----------
Healer
----------
+
awesome allrounder / heal, support, melee, ranged
-
aoe limited to 4 targets

----------
Warden
----------
+
overall surely "the best" class
only class with real HOT
pet for chasing + slowdown
ranged + melee dps
a lot of buffs
-
no burstdmg

----------
Engineer
----------
+
buffer
durable
-
low damage

----------
Necromancer
----------
+
can do a little bit of everything
dot-mechanic provides advantages in several cases along with debuffs
-
immobile (will be fixed in 8.1)
dies fast

----------
Sorcerer
----------
+
"3 button class"
becomes immune to ANY slowdowns
good CC

-
vulnearable to CC
slow start of fight; a few seconds without action will cause difficulties

----------
Psionicist
----------
+
best burstdmg in game
"killer"

-
difficult to play / master
no selfheal at all as the only class in this game

----------
Scout
----------
+
"killer"
good burstdmg
highest range in game
-
vulnearable to everything, very fragile compared to other classes
enchanting arrows is tedious

----------
Bard
----------
+
buffer
-
engineer is superior

Saturday, May 6th 2017, 4:49pm

Eddy

Intermediate

You can forget this in new patch ... They are cutting aoe range for all classes, and dmg for some classes. For example paladin gets aoe nerf (range and dmg) but single target dmg boost.
Russian p2p / leauge side / Ремпэйдж

Saturday, May 6th 2017, 7:15pm

Allods online Player, thank you very much for your Input. That is a very good overview an helps a lot! But how about Bard? Is it completly "useless" except for CC (AoE or mostly single target?)?

@Eddy: Thank you for this information. Maybe we can have a private talk in TeamSpeak? As I understand, you already play the next patch on RU servers.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "theberliner" (May 6th 2017, 7:51pm)

Saturday, May 6th 2017, 10:31pm

Eddy

Intermediate

Allods online Player, thank you very much for your Input. That is a very good overview an helps a lot! But how about Bard? Is it completly "useless" except for CC (AoE or mostly single target?)?

@Eddy: Thank you for this information. Maybe we can have a private talk in TeamSpeak? As I understand, you already play the next patch on RU servers.
Ye just send me ip in PM.
Bard is great trust me :D great dps, great support. In 8.1 is very easy to play support, u can keep up 1 buff almost all the time. Even with support build bard can do nice dps. Only bad thing is that sonata got nerf, its 1m CD , crit damage stats wont reduce CD. And Requim range is now 8 yards, was 15.
Russian p2p / leauge side / Ремпэйдж

Saturday, May 6th 2017, 11:10pm

bard is of course not "completly useless"; my observations & testings showed it does good dps so we could say dps is the part where bard is better than the engineer then (bard also bursts better)
contrary is that the bard will die faster than the engineer;
basically as a warrior vs a bard it feels like recieve 1 cc, recieve another cc, bard uses shield, dunno, hit till dead , end .... while the engineer will pop up all these mechanical friends which boost the warriors determination but the engineer will still survive long while also putting a cc every now and the and then heal up, shield at low hp and so on so the fight will take longer
many ppl dont focus engineer because it wont die fast and often absorb / outheal all the dmg
you wont have this problem vs a bard usually

------------------------------------
even though its obvious,
what i wrote in general applies to PVP, in endgame PVE every class can fulfill the DPS-role sufficiently

maybe its a good idea to update this thread once 8.1 is there; the changes are public on russian forum already so its foreseeable what will change into what direction, but personally i prefer to test things live before i issue a final verdict