You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, May 11th 2017, 3:06am

Returning Player, Some Questions.

Greetings!
I haven't played this game for a very long time,
and decided to come back starting up with a fresh character.
In other words; the game is technically new for me, which raises a few questions.

1. Max Lv.?

2. Which server is the most popular/populated today?

3. How would you define a Top.3 DPS class list?

4. Are all classes needed for todays dungeons/raids/pvp?

5. Are there Achievements in this game? If so, is it possible to reach a 100% on the Total-Progress bar if you start today?
(or are there unavailable ones due to being tied to old one-time events or somthing?)
NOTE; I'm not talking about difficulty or time-consuming, it's more whether if its actually possible or not.

6. Is it possible to see every available quest? from a list, or map or somthing.
(or do you have to scan the map manually?)

7. Will quests always be available for you until you finish them?, etc, finish a Lv.1 Quest @ Lv.50
(or will they disappear if you reach a certain gap between it's level and your character level?)

8. Is it possible to reset skills/stats?

9. Is there some kind of membership with a monthly fee, that unlocks all the features of the game?

10. Is this a NA version? how will the latency turn out if i live in the EU?

That's it for now!
Really appreciate it

Thursday, May 11th 2017, 6:59am

RE: Returning Player, Some Questions.

Greetings, i answered your questions in red inside your quote
if you have further questions let us hear them :)

Greetings!
I haven't played this game for a very long time,
and decided to come back starting up with a fresh character.
In other words; the game is technically new for me, which raises a few questions.

1. Max Lv.?

2. Which server is the most popular/populated today?
Free server "New Frontier"

3. How would you define a Top.3 DPS class list?
in total?
Paladin
Warrior
Scout
but every class can do very well in PVE since 7.0...

4. Are all classes needed for todays dungeons/raids/pvp?
no

5. Are there Achievements in this game? If so, is it possible to reach a 100% on the Total-Progress bar if you start today?
(or are there unavailable ones due to being tied to old one-time events or somthing?)
NOTE; I'm not talking about difficulty or time-consuming, it's more whether if its actually possible or not.
Achievements like on xbox or some modern games are not really in game, however there is something similar in the questlog
closest thing to achievements is to unlock everything in the game either in wardrobe (costumes), boutique (items), mounts + patterns,...
ppl set rather individual goals in this game
you can achieve everything if you start today however veterans will be ahead ofc as this is a progressive game
so eventually it will take time to catch up to a player which has been playing for the past 6 years

6. Is it possible to see every available quest? from a list, or map or somthing.
(or do you have to scan the map manually?)
automove will guide you from quest to quest, you cant really miss important quests. a questjournal will help you organize your quests, automove will make finding related areas & NPCs awesome, a highlighting feature will make sure you will always know what to do even if you dont read 1 single questtext
in case you look for an overview or want to read the quests again because you did not in the past:
http://en.allodswiki.ru/quests/
example: http://en.allodswiki.ru/quest/1777488650

7. Will quests always be available for you until you finish them?, etc, finish a Lv.1 Quest @ Lv.50
(or will they disappear if you reach a certain gap between it's level and your character level?)
always possible to do
if you miss something you can return later if you want
there is also a "questfinder" option which will help i case you are lost :)

8. Is it possible to reset skills/stats?
yes
until you reach level 16 its free, with max level you get free respec again
see my signature "useful info for rookies" for more info
http://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pag…d&threadID=5703

after that either buy a consumable or save up for a permanent unlimited respec
later in endgame, there is also a 2nd buildtree which will allow you to have 2 specs to choose from

9. Is there some kind of membership with a monthly fee, that unlocks all the features of the game?
there is a subscription server which will unlock some features instantly for all players from beginning, others have to be gained while playing (for example looter, bigger bag or mount) ; its like a shareware version of the game and its never possible to achieve the maximum strenght there. once you created an account you have several free days time on this server in case you want to test it. however it has a population close to 0 according to what ppl write
see my signature "pro / contra subscription server" for more info
http://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7017

10. Is this a NA version? how will the latency turn out if i live in the EU?
this is an international version (merge of DE / EN / FR / TR / PL / IT / NA / SA / AR), beside this there is only the russian version (dont waste time with "private-servers", they are not reliable, your progress will be gone one day without further notice)
you can choose german, english, french and turkish language for the client
server seems to be located in EU
anyway, you wont have ping-issues even if you play from australia (game runs by TCP not UDP)

That's it for now!
Really appreciate it

Thursday, May 11th 2017, 7:03am

Hi,

1. 75

2. F2P Server, though it is P2P and i cannot advise you to (re)start on the F2P (allods online player will have another opinion, but he is absolutely alone with it)

3. Depends in whether single target or AoE - AoE i would say Warrior and Priest, whereas in singeltarget Psio takes the lead imo

4. No.

5. No.

6. No.

7. Yes.

8. Yes.

9. Yes, you can play on the p2p for a monthly fee of 10 Euro.

10. The NA and EU servers were merged to one server. I live in Germany and have zero problems with latency or stuff.

In case you Start on the p2p, whisper me ingame *Wurstskilled

Have fun:-)

Thursday, May 11th 2017, 12:14pm

Thanks alot for the replies! really appreciate it, and all this sounds great except one thing...

Well heres the thing, i do wanna spend years on this, and i want a challenge, i wanna put down hard work and climb up slowly , progression-wise. And ive never been a fan of cash-shops ingames, id rather pay a montly fee for a stable server where everyone has a equal start where there are no money involved, but just hard work.

So i personally feel i should start on the p2p server but then the problem appears... you say its community is very low which is also a very important thing to me, i wanna run around in a living world seeing people here and there, if its empty. Thats just depressing, the feeling erases all the joy.

So my last question is, how is the population comparing to the other, i know its difficult to answer on this but if you would take a guess.

P2P
Amount : 100? 500? 1000? 1500+?

F2P

Thursday, May 11th 2017, 12:16pm

3. All classes were supposed to deal pretty much equal damage, however the content introduced into the game, especially raid instance Secret Path, made Paladin the absolute leader of the list. Those who tell any different simply never raided Secret Path in at least normal mode.

Second top DPS is scout for it starts doing massive damage earliest in the game as it doesn't rely much on its class stat Swiftness as other classes do.

Third top DPS is Engineer, but no one normally has a luxury to take Engi as a DPS given how low the Engi population is and how good they are in the role of Support.

4. In dungeons ("hard" astral sector that is) the most needed role is tank. There are 3 classes now that can tank: Scout, Warrior, Paladin. Second most needed role (among smart players at least) is support, which could be Engineer (preferably) or Bard. Actually you can fill other spots with Mercenaries and do good in "hard" sectors, but you can also take some DPS classes to complete the dungeon faster. Some people take healer (no idea why, probably paranoid or smth). Some people are so tough and overgeared that they take another DPS instead of tank, but that is a rare situation overall.

Current raid Secret Path needs 1-2 tanks, 1-2 healers, 2 supports, rest should be paladins.

PvP is kinda most versatile thing here. If by PvP you mean arena duels or Kingdom of Elements (current farm zone kinda) ganks then Wardens and Psios are most needed. If it's battleground then every class is welcome and playable. If it's competitive premade pvp 3v3 then you need psi+warden+engi. If it's dominion pvp (6v6) then you need psi, warden, engi, bard, warrior, cleric.

Now the most important note: everything I wrote is going to change a lot very soon (like next 1-2 weeks soon) as they have finally announced they are preparing to install 8.0.1 update (https://allods.my.com/en/news/announceme…enance-11052017) which will introduce a lot of changes in class balance.

If you were considering playing Paladin, Bard or Psi, however, you'll do just fine after the update.

Thursday, May 11th 2017, 1:19pm

Xtagadax

Beginner

Thanks alot for the replies! really appreciate it, and all this sounds great except one thing...

Well heres the thing, i do wanna spend years on this, and i want a challenge, i wanna put down hard work and climb up slowly , progression-wise. And ive never been a fan of cash-shops ingames, id rather pay a montly fee for a stable server where everyone has a equal start where there are no money involved, but just hard work.

So i personally feel i should start on the p2p server but then the problem appears... you say its community is very low which is also a very important thing to me, i wanna run around in a living world seeing people here and there, if its empty. Thats just depressing, the feeling erases all the joy.

So my last question is, how is the population comparing to the other, i know its difficult to answer on this but if you would take a guess.

P2P

F2P
P2P : Less than 100, maybe like 50 active players.

F2P : 2000 + active players.

Now I saw that you said that you will prefer to pay for a monthly fee rather than cash shop items. But there is some news features on the Free to Play that make it easy for beginners : When you achieved level up to level 75, you will recieve a reduction on a "beginner pack" (12 $/€) that will allow you to have some cs items. It's very worth it compared to purchase them via the shop.

Since one/two months there is another pack that could be purchased at the shop who will give you strong power up on Cs level. If you buy it, you will be able to be competitive, not the best, but strong enough to take down 40/50% of the people. It cost 19 $/€ per month and you will need to pay for 1 year to unlock these items permantly. It's very worth it compared to buy the items on shop or ah. And it will allow you to discover the game at your time and enjoy it :).

Thursday, May 11th 2017, 1:46pm

Thanks for the detailed information,
I might start a paladin with a DPS route, on F2P then :)

I don't believe they top the dps lists, and able to tank simultaneously?
You either go Tank or DPS path, correct?

Thursday, May 11th 2017, 2:05pm

Generally speaking - yes, you need to choose. However easy pve content including "easy" astral doesn't require a tank.

Thursday, May 11th 2017, 2:07pm

Well, then its settled,

Reaver on F2P, named Arccai.
If theres any english guilds out there recruiting fresh active/friendly players, whisper me :D

Thursday, May 11th 2017, 2:22pm

Welcome aboard then, may your journey be exciting :)

Thursday, May 11th 2017, 8:58pm

Actually ive made a decision.
I'm starting on the P2P server.

I really like the idea of not having cash shop ingame, so that you have to earn everything through hard work, making it equal for everyone.

Sure it might be low population right now but if everyone pick the other server only because of that, it will never grow?
Im starting there and i hope that it will grow one day!

Thursday, May 11th 2017, 10:50pm

dunno how active the p2p server is these days, but 3-4 months ago it was dead, few of us who played there moved to the RU p2p server, population is pretty decent but if you cant read rus then its difficult if you havent played before. Luckily theres autowalk/auto move to quests, so levelling isn't too big of a problem even if you cant understand a word.

P.S ignore them all, mage is best dps class, single and aoe, just have to know how to play it ^^

Friday, May 12th 2017, 5:56am

I really like the idea of not having cash shop ingame, so that you have to earn everything through hard work, making it equal for everyone.

Sure it might be low population right now but if everyone pick the other server only because of that, it will never grow?

The populaton usually grews with major patches and since 8.0.1 will be released very soon, this should be the case very soon.

In case you want a guild to help youvans accompany you through your leveling process and in endgame, feel free to whisper *Buuhuu ingame - He is our guild leader.

Best regards,
*Wurstskilled (you can also whisper me anytime)

Friday, May 12th 2017, 5:56am

The populaton usually grews with major patches and since 8.0.1 will be released very soon, this should be the case very soon.

In case you want a guild to help youvans accompany you through your leveling process and in endgame, feel free to whisper *Buuhuu ingame - He is our guild leader.

Best regards,
*Wurstskilled (you can also whisper me anytime)

Friday, May 12th 2017, 6:03am

Good decision! The server population will increase with the next patch 8.0.1 droping very soon.

In case you started on Imperium side and need help or someone to accompany you during your leveling process and in endgame, whisper *Buuhuu - he is our guild leader.

Ofc, you can also always whisper me - *Wurstskilled

Best regards and See you ingame!