You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 10:51am

Kaeden

English Community Manager

• "Kaeden" started this thread

Contest: Name The Server - Winners

As suggested by Atria and voted by you, the community, update 8.0.1 shall see the opening of our brand-new server – forever to be known as: Equilibrium!

This is a monumental occasion for Allods Online – a chance for a fresh start, or a perfect beginning for those who are new to Sarnaut, all on a new home (server) named by you, the community, which will be showered with bonuses and goodies to ensure that both new and old players have a fantastic time.

The polling for our server finalists ended last night at 17:00 CEST, since then our team have been working hard at double checking to make sure all of the votes cast were genuine. Sadly, this was not the case. We have removed all the false and duplicate votes that were made by players. The finalists that also took part in such actions have had their entries disqualified from the contest and as such the winning server, along with the runners up do not reflect that of the poll we created and asked you all to contribute to.

We want to give a massive thank you to everyone who took part in the Name the Server contest. Please join us in once again congratulating our top-5 entrants:

For our first, second and third place winners please do not forget to inform us in the comments below if you would prefer the Daisy OR Dandelion pet!

And just like that, you’ve made history. Thank you all once again for taking part in this moment – we can’t wait to login to Equilibrium down the road and look at Allods Online through fresh new eyes once more. Whether you decide to enjoy all the great changes on the existing servers, or start over anew on Equilibrium, we look forward to taking part in new Sarnautian adventures alongside you in update 8.0.1!
-The Allods Online Team

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Kaeden" (May 23rd 2017, 11:22am)

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 11:22am

Congrats

I congratulate the winners! :thumbsup:
Nice game on the new server! :thumbup:

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 1:18pm

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 1:47pm

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 2:00pm

What should the new server be called?
A total of 507 Votes have been submitted.

23% Eternal Call (117)

21% Twilight Dawn (109)

21% Forgotten Lands (104)

14% Ascent (71)

9% Astral Gardens (44)

4% Equilibrium (22)

4% Order of Sarnaut (21)

2% Astral legends (11)

1% Astral Prelude (4)

1% Equity (4)

Not exactly sure how you got Equilibrium out of that....but ok

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 2:07pm

Have you even read the whole thing? Let me help you.

The polling for our server finalists ended last night at 17:00 CEST, since then our team have been working hard at double checking to make sure all of the votes cast were genuine. Sadly, this was not the case. We have removed all the false and duplicate votes that were made by players. The finalists that also took part in such actions have had their entries disqualified from the contest and as such the winning server, along with the runners up do not reflect that of the poll we created and asked you all to contribute to.

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 2:26pm

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 2:59pm

Quoted

So 62 people voted for the top 5 entries? At least 62 people voted in ascendancy alone for the 2 entries put forth by guildies.

Can we send UN monitors to the next vote? Once again, the results appear to be not what the community wanted.

Congrats to the 'winners'?

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 3:22pm

Turns out, guys who posted their server names were duplicating votes, so their answers would win. In the end their server names were disqualified. That is what is written in the post you just quoted. What does that UN abbreviation mean by the way? You think if 1 option has more votes than the other it counts as a community and the other one not ?( I believe the minority that voted for the other options are also part of this community, aren't they?

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 3:53pm

This feeling when your suggestion is top 3 and then, because someone was cheating with vote and make his server first all top 5 get disqualified xD

Also thx evryone whos Voted for Forggoten Lands

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 4:02pm

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 4:24pm

wait, all top 5 are accused of cheating and recieve no prices?

while i can imagine there was some manipulation in general i can at least assure that MY suggestion "Astral Gardens" was NOT pushed by myself except the 1 vote i had, and of course i gave my vote to myself... which is OK i guess...? :huh:
my suggestion got 44 votes... majority of these comes from friends on the forum and the game which i asked to vote for my suggestion
rest mustbe ppl who liked he suggestion
if you want to cheat you wil make as many votes as needed, right?

i cant speak for the other participants... but what if someone who would NOT win ANYTHING pushed a suggestion because he liked this name and wanted to haveTHIS NAME for the next server? the one who made the suggestion is innocent then... is it OK to punish HIM by disqualification then?

please consider my words... its not because i would "need" 500PC, its for the sake of justice in general...
i suggested removing the votes of all accounts with less than lets say 5 posts or something, this would reveal the REAL will of voters then

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 4:27pm

I feel it would be hard to delete all votes with less than 5. Those may delete some of the actual votes that were placed. I constantly see the same names on the forums, but there are more players on the server than just those select few. It seems like it would be hard to differentiate an actual player from a botted account, unless you look at recent playtime in game, or character level for said accounts. It is very unfortunate that the ones who received a lot of votes truthfully had their suggestion be invalidated because of a few bad apples.
Jhin-Smugglers Paradise-League-Defiance
Smuggler Paradise Discord

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 4:30pm

Quoted

wait, all top 5 are accused of cheating and recieve no prices?

while i can imagine there was some manipulation in general i can at least assure that MY suggestion "Astral Gardens" was NOT pushed by myself except the 1 vote i had, and of course i gave my vote to myself... which is OK i guess...? :huh:

i cant speak for the other participants... but what if someone who would NOT win ANYTHING pushed a suggestion because he liked this name and wanted to haveTHIS NAME for the next server? the one who made the suggestion is innocent then... is it OK to punish HIM by disqualification then?

please consider my words... its not because i would "need" 500PC, its for the sake of justice in general...
i suggested removing the votes of all accounts with less than lets say 5 posts or something, this would reveal the REAL will of voters then

+

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 4:30pm

I feel it would be hard to delete all votes with less than 5. Those may delete some of the actual votes that were placed. I constantly see the same names on the forums, but there are more players on the server than just those select few. It seems like it would be hard to differentiate an actual player from a botted account, unless you look at recent playtime in game, or character level for said accounts. It is very unfortunate that the ones who received a lot of votes truthfully had their suggestion be invalidated because of a few bad apples.
especially if you ask friends to vote for you which might never write on the forum at all...
it would have been a good idea to state something like "Only accounts with more then x pots may vote"

i suggested this in the voting thread too because i saw a lot of u_123456 accounts with 0 posts
you cant determine whether they are "multis" to cheat or genuine new players which were attracted by the fact a new gameserver opens :S
the "only vote with x posts" thing would have prevented further issues by mechanic

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 4:39pm

thematic32

Beginner

Very bad call..
With this method, anyone who wanted to see a name disqualificated, just had to fake vote him and gg.
Meh..

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 4:40pm

Zitat von »khaexea«

especially if you ask friends to vote for you which might never write on the forum at all...
it would have been a good idea to state something like "Only accounts with more then x pots may vote"

i suggested this in the voting thread too because i saw a lot of u_123456 accounts with 0 posts
you cant determine whether they are "multis" to cheat or genuine new players which were attracted by the fact a new gameserver opens :S
the "only vote with x posts" thing would have prevented further issues by mechanic
Zitat von »khaexea«

Zitat von »khaexea«

It would prevent this kind of situtations of course, but like every good idea from a player, it will get ignored :( + i think it's too late to change anything i guess

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 4:42pm

Turns out, guys who posted their server names were duplicating votes, so their answers would win. In the end their server names were disqualified.

Ok MOD wannabe. Thanks for your supposition posted as fact.

My point is, and remains, there were only 62 votes for the top 5 and I know that more than that legitimately voted from my guild for entries that were not in the top 5.

All those votes by my guildies were duplicate votes? I think not.

TBH, I don't really care what they name the server. I just don't like fake democracy.

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 5:01pm

Quoted from "domi5500"

Turns out, guys who posted their server names were duplicating votes, so their answers would win. In the end their server names were disqualified.

Ok MOD wannabe. Thanks for your supposition posted as fact.

My point is, and remains, there were only 62 votes for the top 5 and I know that more than that legitimately voted from my guild for entries that were not in the top 5.

All those votes by my guildies were duplicate votes? I think not.

TBH, I don't really care what they name the server. I just don't like fake democracy.

If I offended you in some way (and it seems i did, because you seem angry about it) i'm sorry, didn't mean to.
I'm not trying to be a MOD. Your welcome.
I'm sorry again because you might not like what i'm going to say now.
You can't prove it that all of your guild friends, voted nor confirm none of them cheated. It's your word against theirs and you don't have logs or whatever they have to check it. Trust me i don't like fake democracy but it is how it is.

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 5:37pm

First, gz to the winners.

Second, i don't like much what happen here. According to what they tell, the ones that posted the names also cheated: "(...)We have removed all the false and duplicate votes that were made by players. The finalists that also took part in such actions have had their entries disqualified from the contest and as such the winning server(...)". And it is up to those players if they want to defend their case or not.

Now, there are many ways to work over this problem, and one is what they did, and its ok. But as someone that voted for one of the removed options, i feel cheated. I mean, the name isn't in fault here, the players that suggested them are (or that is what the company tells us), and if they want to remove the reward from them, that is ok, but why remove a name that people liked it?

Also, weren't 10 winners for this contest? In competitions, if someone get disqualified, the next one in line should take its place. I understand that they won't run another vote, but those could fill the places from 6 to 10.

Rate this thread