You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, May 24th 2017, 6:52am

Subscription server question!

I'm curious as to why those who don't play on subscription server don't play on the server. The damage gap is stat/rotation related, we finally received weapon skins yesterday, there is a lot more vanity on the server than there was before, and more is apparently approaching with boxes, that include carnifex. I understand that some people are not able to afford playing the server, so they alternatively play on the free to play model, but I've always wondered why population is such an issue. If no one worried about population and gameplay, I'm sure the server would be as full, or even more filled as the free to play model. I'd like to hear why people choose not play on the server :)

Wednesday, May 24th 2017, 6:58am

cause i'd rather spend sub on wow/ff14 than spend sub on Allods.

Wednesday, May 24th 2017, 10:56am

Mhuldoon

Professional

It's quite simple. Allods is an old game where a lot of the existing playerbase has already made investments in New Frontier (if any). There is no incentive or reason for such people to consider transitioning to Smugglers Paradise as it stands (and they form the bulk of the overall playerbase). Others will use the word 'population', which is a circular comment, as not subscribing 'because of the population count' basically ensures it'll remain exactly what they're branding it as the first place - a low pop server. It's self-defeating.

New accounts still get the subscription trial to test the subscription server, thus it's primarily appealing to newer players who also want to avoid everything that New Frontier is. However, most will still 'test' the game via F2P regardless.

Regards,
Mhul

Wednesday, May 24th 2017, 5:08pm

simple answer: because sbscriptionserver has less of all
its like a sharewareversion of the game

if i play a game long i want ALL the items and not be equal to a player that started just a few weeks ago

Wednesday, May 24th 2017, 5:31pm

not be equal to a player that started just a few weeks ago
You have years of experience so I don't see how this would happen. Maybe you should start to believe in yourself a little bit more. :^)

Wednesday, May 24th 2017, 6:07pm

not be equal to a player that started just a few weeks ago
You have years of experience so I don't see how this would happen. Maybe you should start to believe in yourself a little bit more. :^)
+1

Afterall, the point is creating your differance with your game (exp.) and personality(as i believe),not with your money. This fact shouldn't be ignored like saying a few weeks... Also, being uncatchable at gs is possible with a good team.

Wednesday, May 24th 2017, 8:15pm

just beeing superior due to GS which resets every few months is not viable for me
i can play a stateless game like counterstrike or LoL then, just skill matters there
but i like that playtime and endurance also matter in allods on free server

Wednesday, May 24th 2017, 8:34pm

just beeing superior due to GS which resets every few months is not viable for me
i can play a stateless game like counterstrike or LoL then, just skill matters there
Playtime and endurance don't matter as much as you'd think. Someone with a lot of spare cash could create an account, make higher level runes right off the bat, purchase almost all the cash shop available, and then boost their gearing to get to the point you've been working towards for months.

Wednesday, May 24th 2017, 8:43pm

Playtime and endurance don't matter as much as you'd think. Someone with a lot of spare cash could create an account, make higher level runes right off the bat, purchase almost all the cash shop available, and then boost their gearing to get to the point you've been working towards for months.

with money you can make up everything in progressive games, the ultmate way would be to pay someone to levelup your account of buy an account
its self-evident that money can speed up close to everything in the (western) world

with money you can even "pay to win" in stateless games; pay a good programmer to make aimbot esp etc "Private hack" for you, works like a charm in counterstrike, will never get detected, tons of lulz guaranteed...

but as i played to level 9 runes and "full itemshop" without donation i got a feeling that i would never get by donation or playing on stateless server...

so playtime and endurance might now matter in the total view(others only see an account with runes level x, they dont care farmed or bought!), but they often matter a LOT for the personal player!

and the reason why we all play this is the personal satisfaction, isnt it? :love:

Rate this thread