You are not logged in.

Monday, May 29th 2017, 3:50am

Corrosive Contents

Hello all
I'm lvl 19 and I'm wondering what Corrosive Contents in the Bomber grid does?
"The Duration of effects that inflict damage over time reduces by 15 seconds, and their damage increases by 30%"
That's the description for the first of two ranks

I have three skills that cause damage over time and the duration of any of them doesn't even exceed 8 seconds. I put a ruby in it and nothing changed as far as duration. The cooldown for all my current DOT skills is 30secs and those were affected either.
Can anyone help me understand what it means by "the duration of effects that inflict damage over time reduces by 15 seconds" please?
thanks
"We're all here to do what we're all here to do. Only the One can open the door. And only during that window can that door be opened. I know because I must know. It is my purpose. It is the reason I am here. The same reason we are all here." -The Keymaker

*Parusha*
Gibberling Engineers
Smuggler's Paradise

Monday, May 29th 2017, 4:44am

mean your dots (from frag bomb or sabotage) will be 25% shorter but will do 30% dmg, on rank 2 50% shorter but do 60% dmg, basicli not worth to take,skip this rubies

Monday, May 29th 2017, 3:34pm

mean your dots (from frag bomb or sabotage) will be 25% shorter but will do 30% dmg, on rank 2 50% shorter but do 60% dmg, basicli not worth to take,skip this rubies
hahaha only for frag bomb or sabotage? Interesting, i would've never seen that.
Thank you
"We're all here to do what we're all here to do. Only the One can open the door. And only during that window can that door be opened. I know because I must know. It is my purpose. It is the reason I am here. The same reason we are all here." -The Keymaker

*Parusha*
Gibberling Engineers
Smuggler's Paradise

Wednesday, May 31st 2017, 3:17pm

rozetri

Intermediate

Xrade isn't quite right. The rubies actually reduce the duration of all of your DoTs by 15/30% to increase their damage by 30/60%. Depending on the DoT that you apply, this boost may matter or it may not. For the DoTs applied by grenades, where the damage ticks every 2s and you have a relatively long cooldown on their use, these rubies will only boost your overall damage by ~6.67%, just with larger individual ticks. That's valuable for PvP, but otherwise fairly meh. More important, though, is that some of the other DoTs you apply can be reapplied near-constantly if you're in Assault spec. Background Radiation, for instance, can be basically kept up forever and therefore essentially gets a 60% boost in damage because of these rubies.

However. All of this presumes you are able to reapply the DoT within a certain amount of time. There are builds where you pull points away from Swiftness to push into other stats. In those cases, you may very well only gain the minimum 6.67% increase from these rubies. That is still a reasonable boost, but depending on how many rubies you have available to invest, you could gain more benefit from placing them elsewhere. If you're running Assault spec in PvP, though, they become MUCH more valuable as burst damage matters a lot in that environment.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Rate this thread