You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, May 30th 2017, 4:09pm

Kaeden

English Community Manager

• "Kaeden" started this thread

Monthly Challenge June: Video of Creation

Dear Sarnaut,

Update 8.0.1 “Creation” and the brand-new Equilibrium server are currently in full swing, providing plenty of tweaks and changes to sink your Allodian teeth into – yet we’ve got even more tricks up our sleeve for you to enjoy! From the first of June, we’ll be forging a new and rewarding pass-time for all residents of Sarnaut to take part in – the monthly challenge!

In return for a special prize each month, we’ll be challenging you with special custom tasks that could be related to any and all facets of Allods Online, such as levelling, dungeons and raids, boss hunting, crafting, exploration, content creation… The possibilities are endless.

In celebration of the Equilibrium server and new beginnings, our first challenge will encompass both old and new characters. So, if you’d like to get your hands on a bucket full of premium crystals and anniversary coins, we challenge you to record a short and sweet video (under 3 minutes long) of your character levelling up on the new server (Equilibrium) OR enjoying a well-deserved break in the Tropic Atoll (starting on June 1st) – whichever is more appropriate for you – before the 30th of June (23:59 CEST/2:59pm PST). The more fun or interesting the video, the greater the chance of winning!
Prizes (per server)
  • 1st: 5,000 Premium Crystals, 4 Anniversary Platinum Coins
  • 2nd: 3,000 Premium Crystals, 3 Anniversary Platinum Coins, 5 Anniversary Gold Coins
  • 3rd: 2,000 Premium Crystals, 3 Anniversary Platinum Coins
As always, if a winner resides on Smuggler’s Paradise (P2P), the reward will be converted into subscription time.
Don’t forget that the My.Com launcher itself has in-built video recording capabilities to ease this process. To get started, simply open the launcher and click the mediacenter button (located to the left of your account name/avatar on the top-bar).

Rules
  • Only entries uploaded to YouTube/Twitch and shared via Facebook and Twitter with the hashtag #AOJuneChallenge2017 between June 1st and June 30th (23:59 CEST/2:59pm PST) will be eligible.
  • Please add your in-game nickname and server to the post.
  • Content must be related to Allods Online.
  • Multiple entries can be submitted but only one entry can win per account.
  • The video can feature several characters – however, only the creator can be awarded a prize.
  • Feel free to use video editing software to put your video together.
  • Videos cannot be longer 3 minutes and must be at 720p (1280x720) resolution at least.
  • Entries cannot contain any material that violates the Allods Online Forum Code of Conduct, Forum Terms of Service or My.com account Terms of Service.
  • Any and all players are subject to disqualification at any point before, during, and after this competition for violating the Terms of Service or any of our rules of participation.
  • The winners will be determined by the subjective judgement of the Allods Online team and winners will be announced a few days later.
  • You agree that your video can be used by my.com for promotional purposes (e.g. published on official channels or the website).
  • Content used to create your entry (including images, music, sound effects, video) cannot be copyrighted material by a third party. Only material from Allods Online, My.com or copyright-free license can be used.
This is the first of many upcoming challenges. There will be different tasks and rewards each month, so stay tuned for more. Until next time, we wish everyone good luck and lots of fun during their adventures in 8.0.1 “Creation”!
-The Allods Team

Tuesday, May 30th 2017, 8:03pm

that last stipulation is kinda bullshit (Content used to create your entry (including images, music, sound effects, video) cannot be copyrighted material by a third party. Only material from Allods Online, My.com or copyright-free license can be used.)
but i guess ill just make 2 edits since you guys are taking away from the vast amount of music that is currently in circulation.

Tuesday, May 30th 2017, 8:24pm

having to make a facebook- account, & a twitter account while posting the video on youtube is odd
and if you resolution is lower than 1280x720 you are not regarded...? (i dont know how many ppl have a lower resolution but i think they exist, not everyone has a widescreen lol)

my suggestion would be lower resolution to 1024x768 and do not make facebook and twitter a requirement

Wednesday, May 31st 2017, 6:51am

The point of the last stipulation is people like using music that Youtube is cracking down on for copyright infringement and Allods Team cant promote your content if its not made by you.

Wednesday, May 31st 2017, 6:54am

having to make a facebook- account, & a twitter account while posting the video on youtube is odd
and if you resolution is lower than 1280x720 you are not regarded...? (i dont know how many ppl have a lower resolution but i think they exist, not everyone has a widescreen lol)

my suggestion would be lower resolution to 1024x768 and do not make facebook and twitter a requirement
The game cant grow just from ads and promoting from Allods Team. They need to grow their social media too and get people posting content on Twitter and Facebook, which is where the community comes in. These contests and the Facebook/Twitter requirements have been going on for their other titles for the last couple months, mainly for Revelation Online.

IDK why anyone would want to submit a subpar entry with a low res video. Thats not even fun to watch let alone hard for the Allods Team to promote on social media. I would think people would want to strive to make a great quality video to get some free stuff :D

Wednesday, May 31st 2017, 1:28pm

Wednesday, May 31st 2017, 4:55pm

im just messin around i already edited and made two edits of a video for entry

Friday, June 2nd 2017, 11:11pm

Monthly Challenge

Hello guys, so, i'm making a video at Tropical Atoll for this Challenge and i have some questions, hope someone can answer me please!

1 - I can talk on the video? Like, talk about it while playing etc etc (just to make the video more funny)
2 - If i use just 10 seconds of a song that is probably copyrighted BUT in a remixed version, it will still have copyright problems? (those 10 seconds i want to use it's the Beat, not the owner singing)

Thank You!!

Tuesday, June 6th 2017, 2:56am

Mhuldoon

Professional

Hello,

You're free to talk over your video if you wish. However, please refrain from copyrighted material of any kind. If you're adamant on using music, YouTube itself provides a huge library of free tunes to use if you aren't already utilizing other sources out there.

Like Fate said:

Quoted

The point of the last stipulation is people like using music that Youtube is cracking down on for copyright infringement and Allods Team cant promote your content if its not made by you.

Quoted

if you resolution is lower than 1280x720 you are not regarded...? (i dont know how many ppl have a lower resolution but i think they exist, not everyone has a widescreen lol)

As a player/content creator myself, I'd argue that those who have any passing interest in recording would more than likely be doing so via machines that are capable of playing/recording/compressing video files with relative comfort at 720p or higher these days (it's not so much widescreen, just the overall size itself I imagine). It's been a long time since 480p was considered a good standard for most social media. That isn't the reason behind the rule, just how I see it as a viewer and content creator.

Regards,
Mhul

Friday, June 16th 2017, 7:35am

Silly question, but could you link the Official Allods Twitter and Facebook please. thank you.

Rate this thread