You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 12:02pm

New Player, Just Have a Question

Hey so I am a migrating MMO player. I have played MMO's for years and I have just discovered Allods Online and it impresses me alot.

I just need to get a realistic sense of the monetary cost to get the best game play out of my characters. I don't mind spending money on games that I enjoy but its hard to get an idea of how much money over the course of a year this game is going to cost me.

How much for 1 toon to play at a high level competitively? I enjoy PVP and PVE and if i commit to the game I would be aiming to play at top tier (as I am sure most people would be aiming at in a game they love)

The reason I am migrating is community reasons. Alot of stale MMOs have a thing where their players and community turn to garbage after a while and the set-up in ALLODs seems to deter idiots which is brilliant.

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 2:24pm

Hello welcome to Allods.

First, check this for some guides: https://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pa…&threadID=11761

Some threads about cost:

https://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pa…d&threadID=2808
(I think this one is more up to date) https://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pa…&threadID=10130

Now, i am 100% free player and can do it ok in the game. Sure, can't beat heavy CS players but most players aren't in that category anyway. So, you can play for free and buy some stuff with gold and if you wish you can spend some money to improve your character. My suggestion is to buy lasting things like extra rubies, skill points, improve runes and patronage 5.

They just open a fresh new server, which could be easier to start and buy stuff with gold. Don't know how populated it is but i guess it would be the best place to start if you are willing to get stuff with in-game currency (gold).

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 2:37pm

short answer: you can buy for 20$ monthly all basic "competitive" items from shop, i guess thats the kind of answer you want to hear

after some time you will get these items permanent so there is no longer the need to buy them every month

you can farm all the items too if you dont want to donate which will take longer however

strenght comes from gear not from runes in this game

if you want to be "competitive" then gear up to the maximum and almost nothing will be able to stop you

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 2:54pm

pay to win is really bad. It takes the essence out of the game.

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 3:11pm

and im not saying it should be free to play either. But a fixed price can really put gamers minds at ease. And none of this shop garbage.

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 3:16pm

Quinz

Intermediate

People seem to have different opinions on what "pay 2 win" really is. There are games which have items in the cash shop that gives you a competitive advantage, and you can't get them in any other way than paying real money. That would be "real" pay 2 win in my opinion.

Then there are games like Allods, which has cash shop exclusive items that gives you a competitive advantage, however, you CAN get these stuff for in-game gold by converting the gold to the currency (BC) used in the cash shop. The thing with Allods however is, the conversion rate from gold to cash shop currency is ridiculously high, so it will actually take you several years and a lot of play time and gold farming in order to get that much gold. This makes it quite unrealistically possible to achieve.

Now let me tell you, there will always be players (like AOP) who say they've managed to achieve this without paying a dime. However, you should know that these players have already been playing for many years. You should have in mind also that the gold to BC conversion rate was much lower several years ago, as it has increased drastically by the years, so it was for sure easier to get the cash shop items for gold back in the old days.

They have of course increased the amount of gold you get from doing different activities in the game, but it's far from enough in comparison to the current exchange rate.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 4:19pm

freestile

Professional

They have of course increased the amount of gold you get from doing different activities in the game, but it's far from enough in comparison to the current exchange rate.

the thing is that increasing the amount of gold you can make is completely useless as the exchange rate just follows the inflation. As long as they don't give us a fixed currency exchange getting more and more gold will have no point anyways.
This is the true injustice of this game imo, the exchange rate should always be calculated like this : you can make X amount of gold in this patch so the exchange rate is Y and wont change! or even just let the exchange rate always the same and stop making us think the game is changing just cause we're getting more gold every year, this is just ridiculous we're getting more and more gold but our bargaining power is lower than ever...

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 5:59pm

thats why i would not recommend to play on the new server which has no exchange-NPC :P

Sunday, June 11th 2017, 11:56am

First I thought that was a honest question from someone who really wanted to play the game and searched for info.

But then I figured it's just a usual f-tarded troll shitting around to start another endless thread about how p2w AO is.

So, please GTFO and die in pain.

Thanks much.

Sunday, June 11th 2017, 12:24pm

First I thought that was a honest question from someone who really wanted to play the game and searched for info.

But then I figured it's just a usual f-tarded troll shitting around to start another endless thread about how p2w AO is.

Thanks much.
a little bit of a direct aggresive aproach.... i like it :D

Sunday, June 11th 2017, 2:52pm

Quinz

Intermediate

Thanks much.

You gotta get out and do productive things in real life. You seem to be suffering from IAS (Internet Aggressiveness Syndrome), which can only be cured by stop acting like a warrior on the internet.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Sunday, June 11th 2017, 8:16pm

my doctor said the IAS (Internet Aggressiveness Syndrome) is usually caused by lag
the cure is to visit an erotic internetsite, download the media there so the lag wont disturb while watching and relieve stress

Sunday, June 11th 2017, 8:53pm

Alternatively, you can play on the pay to play Server for 10 Euro/month.

Sunday, June 11th 2017, 9:40pm

Alternatively, you can play on the pay to play Server for 10 Euro/month.
And play with a nice community of non salty dogs.

Sunday, June 11th 2017, 9:48pm

Quinz

Intermediate

my doctor said the IAS (Internet Aggressiveness Syndrome) is usually caused by lag
the cure is to visit an erotic internetsite, download the media there so the lag wont disturb while watching and relieve stress

Indeed. When you feel your IAS starting to kick in, roll down your curtains, light some candles, and take a quick tour in the world of private browsing.
-Dale Carnegie

-Bernard M. Baruch

Sunday, June 11th 2017, 10:54pm

You gotta get out and do productive things in real life. You seem to be suffering from IAS (Internet Aggressiveness Syndrome), which can only be cured by stop acting like a warrior on the internet.
Oh I wouldn't survive without this suggestion. Thank you mate, but tell me, did you try those prescriptions on yourself already? Or are you just trying to act like you're the smartest guy on the Internet?

Monday, June 12th 2017, 12:19am

those who are angry all the time and get upset due to nothing etc should really look into that hint
following that really simple advice makes many ppl feel A W E S O M E every day
- like "nothing can ruin my day"

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jun 12th 2017, 12:28am)

Monday, June 12th 2017, 7:01am

Quinz

Intermediate

Oh I wouldn't survive without this suggestion. Thank you mate, but tell me, did you try those prescriptions on yourself already? Or are you just trying to act like you're the smartest guy on the Internet?

Short answer:
When you feel your IAS starting to kick in, roll down your curtains, light some candles, and take a quick tour in the world of private browsing.

Try it.
-Dale Carnegie

-Bernard M. Baruch

Monday, June 12th 2017, 10:11am

Monday, June 12th 2017, 1:31pm

I can agree some of the pay to win stuff isn't that great, but if it isn't fun for you then simply dont play it. If it is then play it.