You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, June 24th 2017, 1:10pm

Some questions

Hi, I'm a returning player starting fresh on new frontier. I have some questions if anybody can help.
I am not completely out of what's happening now because I have been following the game even if I haven't played.

Is farming 40-50 crystals everyday with 2 reincarnations hard or very time consuming? Can I farm it in one or 2 hours every day?

Also, I have never had a profession, why shoud I pick one? I mean, I know that at max lvl you get gear from astral islands, why would I ever need leatherworking? How about alchemy?

Saturday, June 24th 2017, 8:55pm

I'm not sure about crystal farming, for I play on the subscription model, but I logged into my toon on New Frontier a few days ago and I noticed that with 20k gold, I only get 4 crystals. Use your best judgement on that one really. Professions are useful for crafting hammers that can be used to break down equipment, but to get the ability to craft hammers of the gear level is insanely costly. Alchemy can be used to craft potions for any use needed. Everything but alchemy can craft hammers.

Sunday, June 25th 2017, 9:33pm

50 crystals a day should not be a problem, farmers make 500BC / day and more

professions are not really worth
sure, alchemy makes you able to brew that potion that restores 50% of HP but you can also buy that one from auction or just leave it
hammers seems to be cheaper if you just get the teal ones from itemshop, or if you really want to save your BC just use the green ons from anvil NPC; they are good enough

so my verdict is professions are a thing for those who already have "everything" and just get whats left to get for the sake of getting it :rolleyes:

Monday, June 26th 2017, 12:35am

How do they get 500BC/day ? Where in-game can you farm that much gold whilst not requiring a party/raid ?

Monday, June 26th 2017, 11:19am

Yeah, that's insane, probably if you farm 12 hours everyday and do every single activity with all of your reincarnations?

Monday, June 26th 2017, 3:34pm

The most obvious way of farming is doing easy astral allods. To really farm you need to be in a group so that you could complete an allod in 5 min. 1 allod gives you ~5k gold. So it's 1 cry per allod and you can complete 10-12 in one hour. So it's possible to farm 40-50 per day, but if do it only in Astral it requires ~4h.

Professions might be a good way to farm as well, but I've never tried myself. Those who use alchemy pots most likely can craft them themselves, but from what I heard pots still sell on AH. Profit is unknown. Farming and selling crafting components can also be profitable.

Another way to farm is to level up reincs and alts and build Private Allods. Then you can get gold from the Allods or from weekly chests (this is gonna be fixed->nerfed in 8.2)

There are probably more ways to farm, but I don't know any that is fun, which actually makes sense, coz it's much more efficient to farm IRL and spend in game.

Monday, June 26th 2017, 3:48pm

freestile

Professional

the way AOP "farms" is by buying and selling stuff in the ah, it can be extremely profitable if you do it well and it just takes him 5min/day. Thought you need to save quite a lot before to invest and wait sometimes for a very long time for your stuff to be bought; as someone who tries to do this i still have some troubles figuring out how he can make easy money on a regular basis with that... even if it does work great sometimes but need to check ah all the time to be really efficient i guess

Monday, June 26th 2017, 4:47pm

There's an interesting interview with one self-made IG-millionaire on RU: https://allods.mail.ru/news.php?article=2937

Basically he runs his trading on every server with chars in both factions. Takes him ~2.5h a day to attend to the business and grants ~600 RU cry in return daily.