You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, July 30th 2017, 3:32pm

About Scout, Paladin and Engineer - or: the feature of the classes which have swiftness as main stat

since swiftness only does 1 thing - reducing the cd of SOME abilities, its by default a pretty weak and useless stat
making cd of some skills independent from swiftness now makes this stat even more uesless, along with the hirrible global cooldown we got with 7.0
to compensate that, there are various passives that boost dmg over swiftness like the boost occurs every 2 minutes but with swiftness you can make it happen more often

now if we take a completely other way we can gain interesting results
instead of gaining swiftness from gear we just go for damage-stats
result will AWESOME dps with no real drawbacks
why? because unlinke other classes, these here do not rely on their stat for general damage

this is also very interesting for pvp
paladin and scout have this skill that makes their dps higher for the 1st few seconds when entering battle - these are usually also the seconds where the trinket gives its damagebuff ("black wings")

so there will be GREAT burstdamage (less for paladin as he needs his stacks 1st, but anyway)

Monday, July 31st 2017, 8:55am

With pve engineer, i have swapped out the stats of swiftness for crit chance, now may seem odd, but i am actually enjoying the dmg boost from the crit chance, it makes the engineer quite strong, you could grab the swiftness rubies, though i didn't and the damage is pretty neat, my runes are low, but i am at 1m - 3m normal dmg, crits up to 5m - 9m and highest crit on a good day is between 11m - 15m but they are single shots not over time.

Monday, July 31st 2017, 11:26am

It doesn't matter how hard you hit with your crits. Show us some boss fight screenshot with the DPS meter on (do you even use one?) so we could see how strong does Crit Chance make engi.

Without them DPS meter screenshots it's just a misleading talk. Worst case for you if you are misleading yourself.

Monday, July 31st 2017, 12:53pm

Of course i use a dps meter, i keep track of what i do, even against trash mobs as-well, but i was just stating what my crits can pop up to...but even then depending on the boss it can be misleading again, especially if the boss moves alot, has a defense buff, and if there is two bosses as-well, but will work on getting them screen shots to show.

Monday, July 31st 2017, 1:25pm

Okay, what I mean is Crit Chance is a rather weak stat if to do a brief math:

Let's say your base dmg from normal hit = 100;

Let's say your current stats are: 100 Profi, 300 Det, 100 Brut. Let's say you maintain 100% Det (for simplicity sake)

This will increase your normal dmg to 100 * 1.1 * 1.45 * 1.1 = 175.45 (the effect of Brutality here has been counted equal to Profi, which is very close to the exact number, which requires solving some differential equations to accurately calculate, so we'll skip that, the game is EASY, remember?)

Now let's say you have 200 more stats to spare.

If you put them to Profi or Brut, the resulted damage will be:
100 * 1.3 * 1.45 * 1.1 = 207.35

If you put them to Det, the resulted damage will be:
100 * 1.1 * 1.75 * 1.1 = 211.75

If you put those 200 stats to Crit Chance, the result will be:
175.45 (dmg of a normal hit) * (0.8 (# of normal hits) + 0.2 (# of crit hits) * 1.5 (crit hit power)) = 193

---
So if you put 200 of those stats to Profi or Brut, you increase your damage by 18%
If you put it to Det, you increase the damage by 20.6%
If you put it to Crit Chance, you increase the damage only by 10%

Now why would you do that?