You are not logged in.

Saturday, April 26th 2014, 1:28pm

Fix that damn LoS PLEASE

Line of Sight has always been an issue in Allod, but it's getting worse patch after patch. At that point it's close to getting unplayable.

Little summary in pictures (from olders to newers):

This image is a bit old but it's a typical exemple: just standing IN FRONT of the target and can't use any skill because "target is not in your line of sight". Still have this situation regularly on various maps.

It's much more problematic when it's happen in pvp. If someone knows where is the huge obstacle in AoD that can break the LoS, i'd love to know. But having at the same time the "target is not in your line of sight" and the "target is too close" message... well! just stupidity as its finest. Happened to me often in AoD.

In WH: Here is clearly NO OBSTACLE... no comment. Still happening countless time now.

Same in Dominion.

In Maze. Don't know if it's because of the stairs but it don't seem to be problem for the summy who stand before me.

In Tep's Pyramid. This one is hilarious: just standing at... 4 meters in front of the target and can't fervor him.

Again in maze: impossible to cast anything, but don't seems to be a problem for the mage before me and especially for the summy's abonination who stand behind me in the EXACT SAME DIRECTION as me.

In astral: standing just in front of the target but no LoS.

Again in Astral, same thing, just standing at 14 meters before the target.

Another variation of the LoS Issue: the "target is too close". Here In Tep's Pyramid, standing in the MIDLE of the room against Nihil but cannot use some skills because... "your target is too close". Same thing (and even worse) in Mausoleum of Sparks. But the worst place of all still remain the June Catacombs, where your LoS is broken all the time, where you don't see anything when you're back to a wall, and when you see an ennemy it just means that your target is too close.

Another one from Dominion (same map but different from the previous screenshot). Positioning is the main concern for a scout, but in this kind of small aera (you have to stay in a limited circle around the flag), positioning is just pointless, especially because you have to stop moving for casting a shot when every other classes can still fight while moving. If you try to get closer to your target to get it in your LoS, then you sure to get this rotten "your target is too close" crap. But no worry, once you read this message it rarely take more then two second for you to become dead.

Seriously, where are the obstacles?

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Tonal" (Apr 26th 2014, 1:37pm)

Saturday, April 26th 2014, 4:40pm

Hello,

This topic was moved from "General" to "Technical Issues" part of the forum :).
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language