You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, August 14th 2017, 6:05pm

people still play?

Title says it all, kinda getting nostalgic for allods, used to play it back a few years ago, people still playing? active community, yadayada?

Monday, August 14th 2017, 8:42pm

Monday, August 14th 2017, 8:48pm

yes

ppl still play
community still active, game still worth playing...

only thing which is kinda f**** up is the global cooldown we have since 7.0

Monday, August 14th 2017, 11:23pm

greetings

apologize for question out of topic: if there information about 8.2 release date? there are rumors that next week, or in september

thank you for any infromation

Wednesday, August 16th 2017, 2:46am

most likely around end of september...?
usually, there are some weeks with "previews" to the next patch before

another indicator is that top-geard players already are close to "full teal" gear so the end of the season is near... since they are in a hurry catching up to russian patch they might even "shorten" the season a bit

but this is pure speculation and my personal thoughts only :P

Wednesday, August 16th 2017, 4:47am

Yes, ppl are still playing, but active community is much much lower now. I dont think its worth of playing atm... current state of the game will literaly disguise you.

Wednesday, August 16th 2017, 11:48am

Quinz

Intermediate

The topic has been brought up so many time so I'll just give you a simple answer and you can decide for yourself.
The game is far from what is used to be. The glorious days of Allods are gone. All the good memories you have will remain only memories, because you cannot experience the game as it used to be. Those days are gone.

So just saying, be prepared to experience a new kind of game, there will be a lot of changes since you last played. Don't expect it to be like in the old days.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Wednesday, August 16th 2017, 2:56pm

Don't listen to pathetic haters, this guy above is not playing allods anymore and all he does is spread hate in the forums.

The game is the same, you farm, you pvp, you pvm, you join guilds, you make friends, you do raids, you gear up etc etc

What I don't like is that classes have lost a lot of personality and that the global cooldown is too high.

Thursday, August 17th 2017, 11:10pm

your god damn right, all this guy oes is whine whine whine like he aint got any other game forums to whine on,whic he probaly does also

Friday, August 18th 2017, 6:20am

Quinz

Intermediate

@Mr Barett and VegaX,
You can call it whining or whatever word you want, but still it's my own opinion about the game and I'm simply sharing it with OP because he's asking about the game. You might be annoyed by the fact that there are people who dislike several things about the game in it's current state and share it with others on the forum. Maybe in your eyes the game is perfect, super active, and everything is great, but it's not the reality for everyone.

There are several people in this forum that will say negative things about the game, and some might even strictly advice you to not even play the game. I didn't give such an advice, I gave my opinion and told OP he/she should decide for him/herself. I'm not trying to tell people not to play.

I don't understand why you would hate on me, what have I ever done to you? I've had some intense discussions in a couple of other threads regarding the "p2w" topic etc., but seriously, that has nothing to do with this topic and it certainly has nothing to do with you. If you can't handle the game being criticized by people, I suggest you don't hang out at the forums.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Friday, August 18th 2017, 7:32am

dragagon

Unregistered

Quoted

The topic has been brought up so many time so I'll just give you a simple answer and you can decide for yourself.
The game is far from what is used to be. The glorious days of Allods are gone. All the good memories you have will remain only memories, because you cannot experience the game as it used to be. Those days are gone.

So just saying, be prepared to experience a new kind of game, there will be a lot of changes since you last played. Don't expect it to be like in the old days.

Stop hating on the gameeeee!
If you don't play then don't linger around the forums and bite off new players, THIS is the reason we lack an active community. Ppl will never come and try if you give this information. Lie to 100 ppl about the game being great, and that lie will become a fact because those 100 ppl might join the game and GG community.

Friday, August 18th 2017, 1:04pm

Quinz

Intermediate

Stop hating on the gameeeee!

If you don't play then don't linger around the forums and bite off new players, THIS is the reason we lack an active community. Ppl will never come and try if you give this information. Lie to 100 ppl about the game being great, and that lie will become a fact because those 100 ppl might join the game and GG community.

But why would I lie? People come here asking these questions because they want honest opinions. If everyone knew that the answer would always be "Yes the game is great", then they wouldn't even have to ask these questions, would they?

We have forums for many reasons, some of these reasons being to have a place for people to share information, feedback and opinions about the game.

If you think it's so bad when someone says something bad about this game because it will have such a devastating effect on population, it just proves how broken the game actually is. If many people would counter the negative statements about the game and the positive posts would outnumber the negative ones, you would probably not worry/care so much.

Some negative comments about the game -> not enough positive comments to counter the negative ones -> Allods fanboys gets upset
-Dale Carnegie

-Bernard M. Baruch

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Quinz" (Aug 18th 2017, 1:10pm)

Friday, August 18th 2017, 3:08pm

Yes the game is still great :)

And ezier for newbies then ever before ^^
You have to invest 12-20$ evry month to boost your progres, if not it can take some time until you will earn inaf good to be full f2p player but it's posbile (ofc not top if you want be top i recomend you smugler paradise server with no boutic items)
5-6 runes inaf for confortable plaing (no in tank) and 8 runes for harder conntent

Also you can get alot help or carry from p2w players to boost you even more in bg it's not problm becose both side have p2w players, if not you will fast win or lose and can try one more time again.

Also many ppl will "taxi" you for higchter sectors for free

About players in New Frontier you have Balanced, top2 mepire guilds are Ascendency + Monster.inc top 2 from Leauge : Legends + Warsong (Tensses)

Sttill inaf ppl play to pop bg or do raids, also more ppl will come in 8.0.2 to see what new and etc

Quoted

But why would I lie? People come here asking these questions because they want honest opinions. If everyone knew that the answer would always be "Yes the game is great", then they wouldn't even have to ask these questions, would they?

We have forums for many reasons, some of these reasons being to have a place for people to share information, feedback and opinions about the game.

If you think it's so bad when someone says something bad about this game because it will have such a devastating effect on population, it just proves how broken the game actually is. If many people would counter the negative statements about the game and the positive posts would outnumber the negative ones, you would probably not worry/care so much.

Some negative comments about the game -> not enough positive comments to counter the negative ones -> Allods fanboys gets upset

Nah negative comment isin't problem, problem is you not tell true here you have list, even +100ppl play on smugler paradise with top gear (120-150k)

https://allods.my.com/en/ratings#gearscore

In New frontier all 100 place have 150k gs

So your comment is on level with ask "is this game is wow clone?"

This post has been edited 8 times, last edit by "Xrade19" (Aug 18th 2017, 3:44pm)

Friday, August 18th 2017, 11:09pm

The last thing this game needs is someone scaring people away. The biggest problem for me is the lack of players, I've been on queue for June Catacombs wich is a competitive match of 12 players from both factions FOR 2 HOURS. Still waiting but nobody to play with and that's a shame, because an mmo is about playing with people, but if there's no people...

Saturday, August 19th 2017, 12:19am

yep this game need better marketing/ more ads and etc

All another thinks are np look on rusians thay have over 8 servrs and tons of fanarts and etc

Saturday, August 19th 2017, 10:15am

There was enough ppl back in the days. Ads would defenitely help to bring sum peepo, but it will not change the fact that the game in the current state is a CRAP! and thats why massive amount of ppl left the game (as well as me, but iam hoping that 9.0 will improve the game becouse i cant imagine that the game could be possibly screwed even more). You cant ignore that even with your blinded possitive approach or you must be just very dumb.

Saturday, August 19th 2017, 3:21pm

I've been on queue for June Catacombs wich is a competitive match of 12 players from both factions FOR 2 HOURS.

i think the special case with JC is that many ppl feel lost there, the golem race is boring and the FFA battle at the end is pretty much predeterminded since as soon as 3 or 4 players make an alliance its over for the rest
its legit ofc because its possbile but its also legit that players lose interest in this activity then

Saturday, August 19th 2017, 9:18pm

its also legit that players lose interest in this activity then

Population IS lower on f2p by a lot. Skirmishes don't pop anymore before 2-3 or even 4 o'clock Eu time. I remember in 6.0 when I started or even 7.0 , bgs were popping even at 11-12 o'clock in the morning

Sunday, August 20th 2017, 3:12am

i am also unhappy with (little) no pvp at night

--- increasing the number of players needed to pop from 12 to 24 also is a big reason for low pop

i remember how awesome it was when pvp popped at any time, sometimes only wth 12 players in total but still, it was there
now i have to visit novogradl in oder to find some red ligs for fight...

i noticed some times pvp pops till ~0200 while other days it wont start any longer already at ~0000

--- order-bonus also plays a role... ppl tend to do ore pvp at amalgam / emblem x2 days
now a hint to those: you can change order as often as you want at any time (but while beeing in battle)
usually at least 1 of the 3 orders has a proper BG buff :)

--- reaching end of gear-season will play a role too... players in almost full teal gear arent beloved enemies to most
gear is the largest factor at all... while you are in better runes + purple/ orange / teal gear you will lose vs a full geared player unless he is making capital errors

--- and ofc the compared to RU smaller population (?)
someone plays on RU active and can tell us whether pvp pops at ANY time? would love to know that <3

maybe in the distant future there could be an additional option to "cross server pvp"?
i am sure players on the new server without exchanger would like that

Sunday, August 20th 2017, 3:24am

--- and ofc the compared to RU smaller population (?)
someone plays on RU active and can tell us whether pvp pops at ANY time? would love to know that <3
Can't say if it really pops late at night on RU, but if crowd at the central square in Novo/Nezeb can represent the population, then New Frontier is much more populated than any of the Russian shards (except for maybe newly merged Наследие Богов).

Russians have x-server Skirmishes tho.