You are not logged in.

Thursday, September 14th 2017, 1:43pm

Casual PVE ranged scout 8.0.2

**This post was originally posted in the guild's forum but I thought it may help some people so I'm posting it here**

Well scouts have changed a bit you can see the rubies layout might've changed but I think it still pretty much the same

what are the changes? (ranged PVE scout, I didn't go for tank or melee yet)
- cast time of the volly is very short almost 1 second
- weak poison now can stack 12 times (more DPS for alchmical reaction)
- crippling shot now stuns and deal damage, it also gives 4 gear ( no need for over-cooling ruby and the frost charm).
- ranged scout now is like the mobility scout (0 cast time for explosive and aimed shots when you use charm the only advantage you get is the charm it self and that thunder like butt that gives you extra damage ).
- swift flinching now is buffed and nerfed at the same time starting with the buff; from the rubies it will grant you extra +15% damage while the nerfe is from the ruby the extra duration gained is 3 seconds so the total duration now is 6 seconds instead of 12 so you need more swiftness in order to lower its cool-down (700 swiftness to make it run endlessly).
- scouts now can hide (YAy !! ) it also increases the movement speed and reduces the damage received.
- consuming gears now can heal you (from rubies) 0.6% from your total HP, (its not very effective it seems it healed 8% of my total healing on a boss in s17 but I had low vitality I think it could work better with more vitality but its more suitable for tanks I guess).
- hunters trap now have a buff that can increase the damage dealt to the target (from rubies).
- Vulnerability buff now can be gained from fire charms + caltrops ( with rubies ) the cool thing is the the buff timing resets every time the target gets stunned (so in pvp the wombo combo will be hide+hunting season + caltrops + dps = huge damage spike for low amount of time).
-open wound buff now can be gained from poison charms + steel rose or explosive shot (rubies) and also crippling shot (rubies, no charm needed).
- you can now use the joker effect in aspect of assault.

I think that's pretty much everything changed in ranged PVE scout, without further due.... this is the casual PVE build for pure DPS 65 rubies 73 talent points.

[url]https://alloder.pro/calc#s$rj7gpg0cpg0c0048fodpvns3g70c0g00007g2gf0k386gf00000020s1g7040000::13ydj3:t3
[/url]

thoughts and notes:
- I don't really know if maxing the bombardment instead of the aimed shot will result in a better dps but I think it will as you will be spamming it forcibly.
-if you have less rubies you can remove the extra rubies for the poison effect for the volly.
- I didn't test the alchemical reaction yet but it seems pretty legit as you can do 12 stacks of weak poison
- scouts needs more swiftness than before I think 400 would be good.
- replenishment is not that useful anymore (if you lack a bit of talent points) because its not that important to enchant your arrows with charms only focus on the weak poison stuff and you'll be good.
- melee dps scout seems legit now, still I like the ranged scout more.

by: Titanium
Titanium
Scout/League/F2P

Bring It On! Cuz I'm Just Gonna Grow Up In The Battle HEY !!

Timed Artifacts: The hidden value
Blanks In Chat?

Friday, September 15th 2017, 3:16pm

How does alchemical reaction interract with weak poison? Because I don't think it's worth getting it only for single target dps.

Monday, September 18th 2017, 1:30pm

Replenishment is useless Titanium ,get rank 3 Bombardment and drop swingout out of the build and rubie and get rank 3 Steel Rose

Thursday, September 21st 2017, 1:32am

How does alchemical reaction interract with weak poison? Because I don't think it's worth getting it only for single target dps.
Well, it deal damage (AOE) in certain amount for each stack of the weak poison -which could be stacked 12 times- so its kinda decent I believe
Replenishment is useless Titanium ,get rank 3 Bombardment and drop swingout out of the build and rubie and get rank 3 Steel Rose
So you agree with that too :) , well swingout is useful for me as I do kinda hybrid PVP PVE build -not this build ofc- steel rose is good with poison but the poison damage depends on the arrow level not the skill level, still its decent DPS to get it to level 3 if you have the fancy of extra skill points.
Titanium
Scout/League/F2P

Blanks In Chat?

Thursday, September 21st 2017, 3:25am

the rubies which promise to make the caltrops give the +25% dmg debuff to enemies which get KD by them seem to do not work
(similar to the old caltops-poisoning rubies in 8.1)
i saw someone asking in worldchat about this too

is it me who is doing it wrong or is this a bug / bad translation?

Friday, September 29th 2017, 8:14am

the rubies which promise to make the caltrops give the +25% dmg debuff to enemies which get KD by them seem to do not work
(similar to the old caltops-poisoning rubies in 8.1)
i saw someone asking in worldchat about this too

is it me who is doing it wrong or is this a bug / bad translation?
they actually do, I didn't reply until I've tested it myself, you need to have active fire charms and then use the caltrops but it requires a huge gear investment so its not that good.
Titanium
Scout/League/F2P

Blanks In Chat?

Friday, September 29th 2017, 3:22pm

Doesn't work for me either. It actually consumes the effect of Fire Charms, but no Vulnerability is put on a target when they KD. Tested on both mobs and players, tested with diff Stances.

Friday, September 29th 2017, 3:25pm

the Vulner works for me, somehow doesnt work for a friend of mine(whic has the rubys+skill) it's not a bug it's a feature!

Wednesday, October 11th 2017, 8:00pm

since patch 7.0, caltrops become useless skill imo, because it require target to move in the caltrop area, and have KD effect trigger, i guess you should try out a moving target for those caltrop + ruby to trigger those effect...
i think is not a pvp skill, as u can clearly see those steel ball coming out from scout.. a simple 'blink' skill already counter this caltrops..
but it could be good for pvm cc skill..

Wednesday, October 11th 2017, 8:09pm

basically they just restore defend skill from patch 6.0 to scout and keep attack skill.. one think i like about new scout would be the cripple shot
i wish they didnt nerf cripple shot damage in 3 minor patch ago...

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 1:16am

Wednesday, October 18th 2017, 3:33am

since patch 7.0, caltrops become useless skill imo, because it require target to move in the caltrop area
i remember before 7.0 standing still also pevented you from beeing knocked down (and mage reincflash helped getting out)

-----------------------------------------------
some thoughts regarding scout 8.2
  • melee assault scout has an interesting combo; trap (dmgbonus) + caltrops (dmgbonus) + "doubleassassination" (no cd with invis) + the stronger default attack will kill a lot of players "instantly" :evil:
  • it seems melee scout is not so good overall in regular PVP since ranged one is superior in dmg and does not need close range...
  • the double-steelrose attack is awesome!
  • i miss the old "supernatural speed" attack or what it was called - the cobrasprint is close to it, just without an attack
  • caltrops / vulnearability thing works without a problem now for me

Wednesday, October 18th 2017, 1:29pm

yeah, seems like they've fixed that in the recent hotfix, however it requires 11 gear pieces which most likely will never be worth it.