You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 4:19am

Class with the highest skill cap?

I played Allods on beta and well into launch. It wasnt until the first big update, I think Legends of Gipat or something that I quit. I was playing war at the time and hit cap and was pretty well geared, got juggernaut and what not, explored the astral, so I'm not completely new. However, the game has changed tremendously since then and I have come back to conquer it all again. Only problem is, I can't seem to stick with a class, which is why I am here. I'm not looking for the most over-powered or the Flavor of the Month class, what I am asking is what class the highest skill cap? This has been something that I have tried to research and have no found any information on. Fact is, I like a class that I can do different things, stylish things that require a class to have different abilities that fit this profile. Such as a rogue in WoW that can shadowstep off a ledge while someone is chasing, or cheap shot one target and redirect kidney sap another. Or Time Loop or whatever its called for Psi.

I want a class that you can truly tell if someone is good or great at. A class with a high skill cap, one that shines when someone who knows how to use it. I know a lot of people will answer that anyone could be good with any class but thats too superficial for what I am asking. I want in-depth and something that requires true skill to excel with. I have tried some classes out and have narrowed it down to scout, psi, mage, warden? Correct me if I am wrong but please back up your answer.

Again, Im not asking for the FoTM class or the most over-powered, I just want a class that requires some thought and can break away from the convention of one viable build or one way to play the class. If there is no such class and what I see is what I got, then I can deal with this but Im having a bit of an identity crisis which is why I am here so if anyone can help, I am all ears.

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 5:15am

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 8:27am

I believe that the ranger and psi have a really big skillcap and you can enjoy them quite well. There are a lot of builds to figure out like melee scout or a lot of cool pvp builds for the psi
p2p Empire lvl 60 Paladin Bowtiful

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 8:40am

Alyth

Trainee

if you search a class to shine at, making others say "wow!" maybe engineer would be a choice?

it's new, the "perfekt" build and playing style isn't found till now (in my opinion).

Some call it weak and underpowered, and not "neccessary", some say "it's ok".

so if you make one with an heavy impact, that everyone whants to have in group, you can shine :P
(Your question sounds like a search for a challenge for your skills for me)
read... think... better read again... think again... write answer...
lesen... denken... besser nochmal lesen... nochmal denken... antwort schreiben...
Ingenieur PMB - Summoner Guide (comming soon) - Allods Basics KB (still in progress)

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 8:50am

Yep, i would recommend engi too, it's not like a mage "go ice comet, search your target and fly", indeed it's much harder to get serious dmg on your target (you have to aim quite good with your bombs / know when your target gets CC immune and react alike).

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 11:19pm

I think mage, seer, scout and engineer.
You always need to plan ahead for mage, seer and scout inmy oppion they are kinda hard to master. :huh: this three classes needs good timmig to stay alive every move they makes adds up during the duration of battle. And they need to change there playstyle tactics depending on which classes they are facing against. :whistling:
Engineer is complicated :S and I think it got no escape thing.. ?(

Wednesday, April 30th 2014, 2:53am

Ghost

Trainee

Warden. Each skill combos into the next, and you have to keep track of up to three different global cooldowns (pet/caster/melee). You gotta be ready to react to many different situations at a moment's notice. It's very involved. Unlike Summoner, the Warden is constantly controlling every action of two characters at once. Two health bars, one mana bar, one energy bar, two different character locations at once, and pet skills are not automatic; if your pet dies or gets lost or cc'd in mass pvp, yep.

Closely followed by Psis (especially in PVP). There's so much stuff going on that they are literally all over their keyboards, just like Wardens.

I feel that Engies are pretty straightforward - spam and work with your temperature. A Scout just has to learn about positioning + one to two cc rotations and he is set for life.

Wednesday, April 30th 2014, 3:49am

if u search an underpowered class, where you need 100% skill to compensate the fail of it, play engineer

if you have "100% skill" and your opponent has only "50% skill" you are even, haha

it does not matter what class he plays since EVERY class is superior to engineer

... but beware if you find an enemy with 100% skill, then its impossbile to win :P

@ those who say scout

scout has got a little buff since it can no longer miss its target, so its better than before

also bloodlust compensates the problem of scouts that they have no selfheal
actually scout is very nice to play now

Wednesday, April 30th 2014, 3:53am

I would say the summy or the psi are the classes with the highest skill cap. But there are way too many summits around atm, so go psi! :) There aren't many good psis left, we could use another one. :)
It's always morning somewhere in the world.

Wednesday, April 30th 2014, 5:34am

Fraust

Trainee

@ those who say scout

... but beware if you find an enemy with 100% skill, then its impossbile to win
Don't be so bias. It's not the class that earns you defeat. It's your lack of skill and quality gear.

it does not matter what class he plays since EVERY class is superior to engineer
This is false. The class is too young for anyone to judge that. I'm sure in a few patches it will undergo many changes just like bard and warden.
if you have "100% skill" and your opponent has only "50% skill" you are even, haha
Trying to use a frying pan as a sword won't get you far. As will using a utility/support class hoping to defeat all enemies.

if u search an underpowered class, where you need 100% skill to compensate the fail of it, play engineer
This isn't true.

Wednesday, April 30th 2014, 9:58am

Wednesday, April 30th 2014, 10:15am

Tbh every class has some measure of skill cap required to play, but in all seriousness, none of the classes are that hard to " master " after few days/weeks playing/experimenting with them. Every one of them can be learned, every one of them viable in both pve and pvp.

With that said, there are some classes who are easier to play with and understand than others, so you're looking at the underplayed classes like psi, warden & scout ( + engineer ? ). Why are they underplayed? Because it's a bit harder to learn how to effectively play one. Can you outshine other "top " classes by playing these ones? Definetly.

I know that wardens will get a rework in 5.1 - next patch, and by the looks of it, scouts and engineers in 5.2. I don't know what these reworks will bring, though it's most likely a buff to said classes. I don't believe these classes need a major buff like warriors recieved just to make them more liked, but it's probably gonna happen anyway so eh.
For glory.

Wednesday, April 30th 2014, 11:42am

Wednesday, April 30th 2014, 12:53pm

Engineers will get a rework in 5.2

http://forum.allods.ru/showthread.php?t=114258

thanks for posting this link bro. the engineer aoe dps, and "support" needs to be reworked,fixed.

Wednesday, April 30th 2014, 4:26pm

dragonsvk8

Intermediate

Warden. Each skill combos into the next, and you have to keep track of up to three different global cooldowns (pet/caster/melee). You gotta be ready to react to many different situations at a moment's notice. It's very involved. Unlike Summoner, the Warden is constantly controlling every action of two characters at once. Two health bars, one mana bar, one energy bar, two different character locations at once, and pet skills are not automatic; if your pet dies or gets lost or cc'd in mass pvp, yep.

Closely followed by Psis (especially in PVP). There's so much stuff going on that they are literally all over their keyboards, just like Wardens.

I feel that Engies are pretty straightforward - spam and work with your temperature. A Scout just has to learn about positioning + one to two cc rotations and he is set for life.
I guess you never played summoner or atleast with Lurker..The pet controling plays pretty high role of being able to survive, Im jumping from passive - attack - follow on my pet so often that I just do it as reflex. If you send your pet inside group of ppl u can expect it to die pretty fast being ganked by all melees since most of ppl find it as closest target/are annoyed by it so you have to position it and let it attack most favorable target to survive as long as possible while healing it (thats why I always save fullheal pet racial for those situations) cause once it dies you can expect to die too. if you keep your pet on following only like most of slackers do and it silences warrior/scout/paladin etc you just totally wasted your cc. Lurkers silence actually has 45 sec cooldown so you have to time it always to not make it wasted (countless times I saw ppl using fear+silence at same time). Lurker recieves invisibility after 10 seconds of not attacking so thats where your passive button is great.

Im not saying that it needs more control than wardens pet but it plays big role for Summoner too.

For the classes that are hardest to play..After lot of time spent here I would say its Mage and Psi. Mage needs to play very defensivly, find the best place and time to strike then go invisibiel/run and repeat else they die like a flys. There was only 1 person who mastered psi and hes the best PvPer I saw in Allods ever but that slacker sadly isnt playing actively anymore, but while he was I could see the true power of that class.
Back and rolling on 6.0!

My Youtube Channel
Summoner PvP guide 5.0.0

Wednesday, April 30th 2014, 6:25pm

Ghost

Trainee

I guess you never played summoner or atleast with Lurker..The pet controling plays pretty high role of being able to survive, Im jumping from passive - attack - follow on my pet so often that I just do it as reflex. If you send your pet inside group of ppl u can expect it to die pretty fast being ganked by all melees since most of ppl find it as closest target/are annoyed by it so you have to position it and let it attack most favorable target to survive as long as possible while healing it (thats why I always save fullheal pet racial for those situations) cause once it dies you can expect to die too. if you keep your pet on following only like most of slackers do and it silences warrior/scout/paladin etc you just totally wasted your cc. Lurkers silence actually has 45 sec cooldown so you have to time it always to not make it wasted (countless times I saw ppl using fear+silence at same time). Lurker recieves invisibility after 10 seconds of not attacking so thats where your passive button is great.

Im not saying that it needs more control than wardens pet but it plays big role for Summoner too.

I have played summy ^^ Not in the recent patches, but up to cap in the previous patches and played the role of dps and fh. A summy can still deal damage and heal himself without a lurker, although not as well as he could; he is not completely useless if the pet dies. You still have ways of receiving blood, keeping up aegis, and have plenty of cc in pvp. But it shouldn't die in the first place. In a lurker build you should have enough spammable heals to keep your lurker at a permanent full HP in 1v1s or small-scale pvp. The fact that you can withdraw your pet into invisibility and then send it back out whenever you please is huge. With the changes to stats it's almost impossible to inflict wound complexity at our current gear and it is very, very difficult to kill a summy and his lurker. I understand your point, too. I was just stating the differences between the pet classes that made me rank warden much higher up on the difficulty list.

ps: Bloodraven i luv u, but i am upset that you killed me while I was tabbed out and writing this post. I expect you to bring me flowers and chocolates.

Wednesday, April 30th 2014, 6:59pm

I have played Scout summoner and paladin. In my opinion easiest to play was holy paladin and summoner, scout and phys paladin is harder to play. Im talking here about pvp only.
I made video before i quit subscription server where i was playing summoner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5sUy8ttYdk

Mostly i was playing lurker pvp build. Once u get used to it, its not so hard to keep pet and urself alive :D

Wednesday, April 30th 2014, 9:30pm

Thanks for the posts guys, this helped a bit. I am currently switching between Psi, engineer and warden. Currently can't decide but I'm narrowing it down. Thanks for the posts but I encourage you to keep this thread going, its interesting see the different point of views and from the lack of similar discussions this could help other players. Thanks again guys.

Wednesday, April 30th 2014, 10:06pm

Hello,

Warden will be revamp next patch (5.0.1). Maybe in a month, or more, but quite "soon".
EDIT : Oh, Bloodraven already explained it, sorry :D.
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Wednesday, April 30th 2014, 10:53pm

Fraust, i guess after the enginer rework it will trade its "pan" for a "sword" :)
we will see its worth then

also scout psi and warden- rework will get these classes in one line with mage, warrior, paladin healer and summy, which had recently great reworks, while bard was always a great class and never suffered from beeing underpowered

pvp will be very intresting then

i hope it will come right for the new kingdom of elements! i hope new KOE will be a 2nd asee teph! i am really excited for that