You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, November 22nd 2017, 1:28pm

pokaberry

Beginner

• "pokaberry" started this thread

Sarnaut NPC Quote Idol?! [self proclaimed event, yass!]

Would you like to see more of this?

A total of 28 Votes have been submitted.

71%

Yes (20)

14%

Don't really care (4)

14%

No (4)

Thank you to all who participated! :)
Voting is now open, which anyone can participate in by following the link below:

[VOTE HERE!]

Winners will be announced in a new thread on the last day of the month (which may also quite possibly be a new contest thread!)

Spoiler Spoiler

Hello all!
Seeing as allods is no longer holding monthly contests I would like to hold an equivalent of my own. ( I looked at the TOS and I don’t see anything that prevents me from doing this! )
SOME NON VITAL JIBBERISH -

Spoiler Spoiler

It was a really good idea on the part of Allods to hold events like this, but (* subjective observation ahead *) from the generally negative community outcry over how the winners were chosen, I can understand why they may have stopped the event all together. It’s a shame that they did though since It was genuinely a very good way for non-paying players to get a hand into those CS goodies.

I could make a huge list on how I feel the events should have been done and I’m sure the community does also. I suppose the point of all this is that actions speak louder than words, so I want to put my wallet on the table and provide the community with an event that will leave people happy regardless of if they participated, won, loss or simply watched from the sidelines.

If this little spur of the moment project of mine is well received, I would be overjoyed to put up more similar threads. Sadly I can’t realistically justify handing out 10k + worth of gems like Allods does for event prizes as I honestly have better things to spend 100 euros on ( it’s blunt but it’s the truth). Nevertheless, I truly hope the community (you!) can take it in good faith and understand that this event is simply a gesture of one player trying their best to bring out a sense of community that has been lost through the years.

EVENT RUNDOWN:

Npc’s (Non Player characters) may be the most easily overlooked component of allods. The time has come to thrust our under loved 2 dimensional counterparts into the spotlight! Snap a quote from absolutely any npc, whether friendly, neutral or hostile! The line can be funny, inspirational, strange or even nonsensical - as long as It was taken from an npc!

EVENT TIMEFRAME:

Submission: Now - 20th December, 23:59pm. CET.
Community Voting: 21st December - 31st December, 23.59pm. CET. (more on this later!)

PRIZES:
I'm sorry they're sad compared to what allods gives :'(
1st : 1200 BC
2nd : 800 BC
3rd : 500 BC
4th : 300 BC
5th : 200 BC

RULES:

IMPORTANT* Only characters from f2p servers can participate. If you are from p2p, you can still participate (perhaps for BC towards a collector's edition) as long as you enter with a f2p character name and server so I have somewhere to mail the prize to.

1. Provide 2 screenshots:
2. 1st screenshot must have the npc selected, with it’s name and what it said clearly visible in the image.
3. 2nd screenshot must be of the npc with the ingame interface hidden (ALT + Z to toggle interface visibility).
4. Type out your username, server, and also the line the npc said (translate it to english if it is not in english)
5. The npc’s line must not exceed 40 words.
6. The quote must be taken from an npc in the form of a quest box, from the /say chat, as a whisper, or as an excerpt from a larger block of speech.
7. Only 1 entry per person. Do not submit multiple entries!
8. Failure to comply to any of the above will result in disqualification.

EXAMPLE ENTRY:

Spoiler Spoiler

Mstake - New Frontier
Vlastemir Naimitov: "Don't panic, we've been to places worse than this one. My guys will help you."

HOW WILL THE WINNERS BE CHOSEN?

This is the exciting part! YOU get to vote! The Winners will be chosen based on community voting. All submissions will be put up for voting on the given date (see above) and will be open to a thumbs up / thumbs down system.

[test the system right here!]

On the 21st, the link for voting will go live!
You kill vegetarian vampires with a steak to the heart. HA HA HAH

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "pokaberry" (Dec 21st 2017, 1:49pm)

Wednesday, November 22nd 2017, 8:07pm

its awesome you take the effort to do this

how will you make sure the vote is genuine on an external system? ppl can vote twice or actually as often as they want there i guess
maybe allods staff or moderators can assist you somehow so the vote can be done here on this forum only with users that have like 5 posts + or something?

Wednesday, November 22nd 2017, 8:31pm

Or not better to he chose a winners as competytion owner? when he will have problem who chose, ofc any "random winner" program can help

Thursday, November 23rd 2017, 11:07am

pokaberry

Beginner

its awesome you take the effort to do this

how will you make sure the vote is genuine on an external system? ppl can vote twice or actually as often as they want there i guess
maybe allods staff or moderators can assist you somehow so the vote can be done here on this forum only with users that have like 5 posts + or something?
Hey, thanks! Multiple votes are always a problem, seems like the site I'm using doesn't allow for voting twice, at least on the same device anyways. I thought about it and there's always those inescapable loopholes, like people getting guild-mates to vote etc. I guess its just something worth trying out if not just as an experiment. I really wish there was a way to vote on the forum without having a mess of people quoting images, but i don't think it's possible :(

Thursday, November 23rd 2017, 11:12am

pokaberry

Beginner

Or not better to he chose a winners as competytion owner? when he will have problem who chose, ofc any "random winner" program can help
I think It's more fun for the people to vote, everyone's taste is different after all -- I think a random winner program could actually be interesting under a different sort of event though!

Thursday, November 23rd 2017, 2:31pm

Hello, sorry for asking, i'm not sure... Should i post the screenshots here, like for the monthly events, or you have some kind of site for it?

Friday, November 24th 2017, 1:39am

pokaberry

Beginner

Hello, sorry for asking, i'm not sure... Should i post the screenshots here, like for the monthly events, or you have some kind of site for it?
Just post everything right here :)

Sunday, December 17th 2017, 11:23am

Honesty - New Frontier
Novograd Guardian: "I wonder if i could get a watchdog to cover my shift."

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "levibuba" (Dec 17th 2017, 12:21pm)

Sunday, December 17th 2017, 11:24am

I hope this is still going on :) i just posted here, waiting for approval

Sunday, December 17th 2017, 2:54pm

Zelyia, Equilibrium (league)

Catherina : "Brighter than thousands of suns !"

Sunday, December 17th 2017, 11:10pm

pokaberry

Beginner

I hope this is still going on :) i just posted here, waiting for approval
Oh Yep! still about 2 more days to go :D

Sunday, December 17th 2017, 11:14pm

pokaberry

Beginner

Zelyia, Equilibrium (league)

Catherina : "Brighter than thousands of suns !"

You wouldn't happen to have a 2nd screenshot showing the text by any chance? It just saves me alot of time of having to verify the quote exists haha :p

Monday, December 18th 2017, 3:39pm

Monday, December 18th 2017, 3:43pm

Hey Pokaberry! Can i join this competition? I 'm only level 20, but i played allods 2 years ago, and i just started it again, 1 wweek ago. My name is Zeurudus in the game. If i can, i'll submit my favourite quote i seen today ! :D

Monday, December 18th 2017, 7:03pm

Greetings...
I really think its a great idea, but the thing is that its underrated... its because the forum and the community is almost dead, so you should announce or advertise for that type of self proclaimed events using megaphones magical inks ( I prefer the ink because it lasts longer ) and so on, the prof of my point that is you've posted this on "Wednesday, November 22nd 2017, 2:28pm", almost a month ago... and I usually check the forum regularly, yet I saw the post today, while in the My.com events everyone that launches the game gets to see the title from the launcher, if they promote self-proclaimed event like yours in the same way it'll get more appeal.

Sadly, I cannot participate thou I had a good quote in mind :p.
Titanium
Scout/League/F2P

Bring It On! Cuz I'm Just Gonna Grow Up In The Battle HEY !!

Timed Artifacts: The hidden value
Blanks In Chat?

Monday, December 18th 2017, 8:30pm

Hello,

Great initiative :).
You may add a few days to your event so that more players can participate.

I'll let a link on Allods Online Discord.
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Tuesday, December 19th 2017, 6:31am

pokaberry

Beginner

Of course, Zeurudus! There's no level limit for entries:)
Hey Pokaberry! Can i join this competition? I 'm only level 20, but i played allods 2 years ago, and i just started it again, 1 wweek ago. My name is Zeurudus in the game. If i can, i'll submit my favourite quote i seen today ! :D

Tuesday, December 19th 2017, 6:50am

pokaberry

Beginner

That's a really neat idea! If I do this again in the future I think I may take your advice on using magic ink, the thought completely slipped my mind!
Greetings...
I really think its a great idea, but the thing is that its underrated... its because the forum and the community is almost dead, so you should announce or advertise for that type of self proclaimed events using megaphones magical inks ( I prefer the ink because it lasts longer ) and so on, the prof of my point that is you've posted this on "Wednesday, November 22nd 2017, 2:28pm", almost a month ago... and I usually check the forum regularly, yet I saw the post today, while in the My.com events everyone that launches the game gets to see the title from the launcher, if they promote self-proclaimed event like yours in the same way it'll get more appeal.

Sadly, I cannot participate thou I had a good quote in mind :p.

Tuesday, December 19th 2017, 7:12am

pokaberry

Beginner

Thank you gladia!

I'll probably keep the times as is to avoid confusion but I'm 99% sure I'll be doing another one of these next month, I 'll probably table punishers advice and buy some magic ink :P
Hello,

Great initiative :).
You may add a few days to your event so that more players can participate.

I'll let a link on Allods Online Discord.

Tuesday, December 19th 2017, 2:14pm

Great initiative .

Where are the monthly events held by my.com? Or is it too hard to go through a dozen of submissions and pick 3 winners?